Guidelines for 55Places.com Community Reviews
Don't just take our word for it, the best reviews and comments are the ones that come from you! Our website was built with you, the active adult, in mind, so if you've got any tips to share we'd love to hear them. We welcome comments on our blog, but we do moderate those comments to ensure that our website stays a safe place for all who use it. Please review the tips below before posting to help ensure that your comments and reviews follow our guidelines.
- Inappropriate Content: Please avoid using swear words. There are plenty of other descriptive words you can use. In addition, threats, harassment, lewdness, hate speech towards any group, and explicit comments will not be allowed.
- Personal Experience: Please submit a community review only if you have experienced that community first hand. Heard rave reviews from a friend? Refer them to 55Places.com! We love comments with rich, specific details about all the valuable amenities and resources of a community.
- Conflict of Interest: Your submissions should be unbiased and objective. For example, if you are involved in a dispute with any of the builders or communities, please do not use the reviews and comments sections as a platform to share information about your conflicts. In addition, builders should not be leaving reviews for their own communities (or for the competition)!
- Promotional Content: Let's try to keep our comments and reviews relevant for the people who use our site as a resource in finding a new home. Do not post links for commercial gain or that violate any part of these guidelines.
- Relevance: Your comments should relate to the blog article and discussion or the community you are reviewing.
- Privacy: Don't publicize private information. Keep in mind that your posts are public, and can be seen by anyone at any time! In addition, please do not impersonate someone else.
- Accuracy: Please make sure your blog comments and community reviews are factually correct. You are encouraged to share your opinions, but please don't misrepresent your experience.
Note: When you post a review of a community or comment on any of our blogs, you are giving 55Places.com permission to use your content. By posting your comments on 55Places.com, you give us a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, transferable, worldwide right and license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part) and distribute the content from your post and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such content, in any manner and medium.
We do review all posts and reserve the right to moderate, edit, or remove any post at any time and without notice.