Archive: August 2015
- When it comes to buying a home, there are a number of options out there, and it can seem a bit overwhelming making the decision. Many opt for traditional home purchases, but foreclosures and short sales are popular routes as well. This begs the question: How are these options different, and which is ultimately best for you?
- When active adults are planning their next phase of life but don't want to leave behind the New York style of living they know and love, they should look no further than Fairfield at St. James, a 55+ community located in Smithtown on Long Island. With numerous amenities and activities right on site but all the best of Long Island just minutes away, Fairfield is the perfect choice for today's Baby Boomers.
- The definition of an empty nester is a parent whose child has grown up and moved out of their home. Finding ways to fulfill your home and time can be easy once you discover what you want to do. There are a variety of activities, hobbies, and things to do that can help you enjoy being an empty nester. Here are some useful suggestions.
- Buying or selling a house is a big decision and it's important to find the right real estate agent to work with you through the process. There is no one-size-fits-all in an agent-client relationship. Regardless of whether you're selling, buying or both, there are a few attributes you want to look for in an agent including integrity, experience and knowledge of the area.
- August is National Golf Month, and of all the activities available to active adults, golf is among the most popular. Although there are a number of 55+ communities with golf courses included, the advanced golfer may want to try his or her hand at a more challenging course.
- For exciting choices in active adult living, Bailey's Glen in Cornelius and Carolina Arbors in Durham are premium North Carolina communities, with low-maintenance homes, numerous floor plan choices, and many of the desired amenities and activities that active adults seek.
- Retirement is a terrific time to get caught up on your travel bucket list. No longer being forced into going to Disney World with your kids for the eighth summer in a row frees you up to explore the world that you want to see (although there’s nothing wrong with going to Disney World again).
- Pine Ridge at Fort Myers, a 55+ community, is a well-established neighborhood. Construction began in 1980 and was finished around 1994, making residences in this age-restricted community available on a resale-only basis. It is a gated community comprised of 462 homes where homebuyers can choose from single-family homes, attached homes and condos, providing a variety of styles to choose from to suit personal preferences.
- One might think that houses in adult active communities are on the small side, after all, those in their 55+ years are looking to downsize, right? Not necessarily. A growing trend is homes with double master suites, not just one master bedroom with a private bathroom, but two.