Archive: November 2017
- After decades of building quality homes with exceptional value, Lennar Homes has a deserved reputation as an excellent builder. While the builder has homes for sale in over 40 markets in 19 states, homebuyers should check out Lennar’s current offerings in New Jersey. Active adults living in the Garden State are surrounded by a variety of attractions, from state forests and national historic parks to beaches along the Atlantic Coast. Another huge benefit is the state’s big-city neighbors, New York City and Philadelphia, both a short drive away.
- Kolter Homes’ newest North Carolina community is well under way with Cresswind Charlotte. This active adult community started construction in 2016 and will have 850 single-family homes upon completion. Cresswind Charlotte is spread across 370 acres of scenic woodlands, which will provide a beautiful backdrop to the community’s miles of walking trails. Besides its lovely natural setting, the community will feature several resort-style amenities, ranging from a clubhouse to a large event lawn. Between a number of interested homeowners and several lifestyle directors on site, there is sure to be an active social life as the community grows.
- Pardee Homes has broken ground on Altis, a 55+ community promising a unique and dynamic experience for homebuyers kicking off an exciting new stage of life. Located in the city of Beaumont within California’s Inland Empire, Altis will feature 704 single-story homes priced from the low $300s and designed with the luxurious features and green homebuilding measures that Pardee Homes is known for. A grand opening is planned for the summer of 2018.
- For most of the 20th century, phonograph records, particularly vinyl LPs and 45s, were unquestionably the most loved and popular format for one’s favorite albums and songs. At one point, nearly every household had at least a modest collection of LPs and singles along with a turntable and, just maybe, a set of decent headphones. Then, of course, there were the enthusiasts who arranged their whole living room around their quadraphonic hi-fi and would endlessly fiddle with knobs and adjustments.
- Epcon has begun construction on a new active lifestyle community in Knoxville, Tennessee. Once completed, Cottages at Governors Landing will include 128 attached and single-family homes as well as a clubhouse to meet residents’ social and fitness needs. Located along the coast of the Holston River, the community is ideal for homeowners who enjoy boating, fishing, and water views.
- Many think of technological advancements as a one-way street, forever onward and upward. To be sure, once clever new bits of tech like answering machines and boxes of neatly arranged punch cards have likely been relegated to the scrapheap of history for good. There are, however, some bits of technology that hold on long past the expiration dates set by experts in the field and, in some cases, even the manufacturers of the products themselves. Whether it’s nostalgia of the users, the timelessness of their designs, or some people simply rediscovering technology of days past, some technology is frankly too good to simply fade away. What follows are bits of tech you’ll undoubtedly remember from your youth that have experienced surprising second acts in their long lives.
- As more retirees choose New Mexico as their home, Jubilee at Los Lunas has emerged as one of the stand-out active adult communities in the state. Avalon and Jenamar began construction on Jubilee at Los Lunas in 2006 with plans to include 700 single-family homes upon completion. Besides well-built, modern homes, the community hosts a variety of private, resort-style amenities that homeowners love. Residents at the community make great use of their amenities with many different clubs, groups, and classes.
- Fall will soon come to a close and, depending on where your home is, you may be wondering if your patio will get any use until spring. With the right features, however, your outdoor space may not have to go into hibernation. Here are a few ideas to help prepare your patio for winter activity.
- It’s no secret that Florida is a prime location for retirement. The state offers homebuyers a huge variety of options, coastal and inland, that include intimate neighborhoods to city-sized resort communities along with endless opportunities for recreation that range from golf to tourist attractions to beautiful nature preserves. Located in the center of the state, the Ocala Area possesses a unique set of attributes and attractions, combined with an ideal, central location that make it a nearly perfect place to call home.