Archive: May 2017
- Builder Lennar has just launched five new single-family floor plans in the Southern Hills community located in Brooksville, Florida. Lennar has acquired 56 homesites within the master-planned community and plans to develop its latest home designs that are marketed toward retirees and active adults. Lennar had previously built about 13 homes within the 55+ section of Cascades at Southern Hills between 2008 and 2010.
- Active adult homebuyers looking for an established 55+ community in Southern New Jersey should check out Holiday City at Monroe in Williamstown. This sprawling community offers retirees a well-appointed clubhouse, affordable homes, and a low-maintenance lifestyle within a quiet, suburban setting.
- Active adult communities come in all shapes and sizes from the small and intimate enclave to the massive master-planned development. While you may think all of the world-class amenities and activities are only found at the large communities, the small communities also have something big to offer its residents. Check out some of these small and charming 55+ communities that offer a big lifestyle that keeps homeowners active, entertained, and socially engaged.
- Interested buyers looking for new home designs within a 55+ community in Southwest Florida should visit Del Webb Lakewood Ranch. This active adult community has a wide selection of distinct attached villas as well as single-family homes from Del Webb’s Garden Series starting in the mid $200s.
- One of the major appeals about active adult communities is the exciting lifestyle and numerous clubs and activities available that cater to many interests. One of those popular special interest groups are veterans clubs. Many 55+ communities have veterans clubs, which bring retired military personnel together to support and engage with others who share a similar background within a fun and friendly setting. Some communities also offer a variety of veterans clubs that can accommodate spouses as well as general groups that are open to all residents who want to learn more about military history. In honor of Memorial Day, we’ve gathered some of the active adult communities that feature veterans clubs for their residents to enjoy. Check them out below!
- Construction is underway at Del Webb Wilmington’s resort-style amenity center. Soon enough, residents will be able to enjoy the 15,000 square-foot clubhouse that will be the central hub of physical activity and social recreation for the 55+ community.
- Across the country, there are hundreds of active adult communities that vary from size, types of homes, amenities, and lifestyles. With a diverse selection of 55+ communities, homebuyers have the freedom to choose which community fits their needs best. And once a buyer decides on where they want to spend their Golden Years, they most likely have positive things to say about their active adult community they call home.
- Minto Communities and Margaritaville Holdings, LLC announced that Hilton Head in South Carolina will be the second home for their new joint venture, Latitude Margaritaville.