Archive: September 2017
- California is one of the most popular retirement states in the U.S. Retirees love the state’s diverse climate and landscape as well as its variety of distinct 55+ communities that cater to many different lifestyles. Some of the hottest active adult communities in the Golden State offer an impressive lineup of world-class amenities, innovative home designs, exciting social atmospheres, and prime locations near urban attractions and entertainment.
- Encore at Eastmark is a beautiful 55+ community within the master-planned development of Eastmark in Mesa, Arizona. Builder AV Homes opened Encore at Eastmark in 2015 and plans to build 973 single-family homes upon completion. This age-restricted neighborhood spans 3,200 acres of lush landscape in Central Arizona. Residents enjoy a myriad of amenities in this age-restricted community including modern home designs, superb recreational facilities, and an exciting social scene.
- Remington Pointe North Andare is one of the newest 55+ communities coming to Illinois this year. This charming active adult community will provide retirees with a close-knit setting as well as low-maintenance homes within a prime location in Lake County, which is just northwest of Chicago. Active adults will love the community’s tranquil environment along with its charming amenities and modern home designs.
- Equity LifeStyle Properties is a leading owner and operator of age-restricted manufactured home communities throughout the country. Equity LifeStyle Properties provides retirees with affordable homes within distinct resort-style communities that attract the 55+ crowd. There are more than 200 manufactured communities located throughout some of the most desirable retirement locations in the U.S., spanning 26 states and featuring top-notch amenities, scenic environments, lively social settings, and services provided by dedicated on-site management teams.
- Half of all Americans retire between the ages of 61 and 65, while 18% retire even earlier, according to data from the LIMRA Secure Retirement Institute. And by the age of 75, 89% of Americans are fully retired from the workforce. Many Americans decide to put off retirement by a few years because they want to add to their nest egg to live comfortably or they didn’t start saving early enough to build a solid retirement fund. Although some Americans struggle with determining when to retire, other retirees from around the world are leaving the workforce at different ages. Read on below to find out some of the retirement ages from around the world.
- With hundreds of active adult communities across the country, it may be difficult to keep up with all of the updates taking place. That’s why we’ve rounded up 55+ community news happening this month to keep you informed on the latest updates. Read on below to see if any of these updates will help you make your move into one of these active adult communities, or at least keep you informed on the latest developments.
- Trilogy Lake Norman in Charlotte, NC will celebrate the grand opening of its resort club this Saturday, September 23 starting at 11 a.m. and Sunday, September 24 starting at 1pm. Tours will be available every 30 minutes and no RSVP is required. In addition to these tours, the community will also offer additional group tours of the new clubhouse on October 4, 5, 7, 11, 12, and 14.
- The Carmel Area in Eastern New York is an ideal retirement destination for active adults looking for a quiet, country environment along with reasonably priced homes within 55+ communities. Check out 55places.com to see why Baby Boomers love this retirement destination.
- Blakeley is CalAtlantic Homes’ newest 55+ community coming to Cary, North Carolina. The builder is hosting a kick-off event at Blakeley on Saturday, September 23rd from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. The event, which is called the Muddy Boot Kick-Off Event, will allow visitors to tour homes under construction and receive floor plans as well as introductory VIP pricing, which will be the lowest pricing available.
- Agave at La Floresta is a new condo building coming to the 55+ gated community of Buena Vida at La Floresta. The New Home Company began construction on this new section in 2017 and plans to build 80 condo units upon completion. Check out 55places.com to learn more about this development.