Archive: February 2018
- Residents of The Tapestry in Garner, North Carolina will soon have a new clubhouse to enjoy with friends and neighbors. Builder Fleming Homes recently announced that construction has commenced on the community’s newest clubhouse called The Lodge.
- Although Florida is a popular retirement destination, retirees searching for a more tranquil and cozier coastal environment should check out Vero Beach in Florida’s Treasure Coast. Vero Beach appeals to many retirees because of its tropical climate and laid-back lifestyle. The city, which was recently named as one of the finalists for Coastal Living Magazine’s “America’s Happiest Seaside Town” contest, retains its small-town charm thanks to its prime location along Florida’s Atlantic Coast. 55places.com has more.
- Ready for move-in by summer 2018, the newly constructed Hunterdon Creekside is an active 55+ community located in Raritan Township, New Jersey. Built by Pulte Homes, Hunterdon Creekside looks to entice retirees with its many amenities and expansive natural space.
- The current trend in active adult communities is pointing towards many non-traditional retirement destinations that are growing, but not established. While that is happening, mainstays like Florida and Arizona remain the top sellers and most likely will for a while. According to 55places.com data, the usual suspects have remained in the top five states for 55-plus home sales. Visit 55places.com for more!
- Retirees seeking an ultra-luxurious active adult community to settle down in during their Golden Years will have plenty of options to choose from across the country. Popular builders and developers like Del Webb, Minto, and Shea Homes have been keeping up with the demand of 55+ buyers who want lavish amenities, beautiful home designs, superb golf courses, multiple pools, sports courts, and magnificent outdoor spaces that resemble five-star vacation resorts.
- The Jersey Shore is a popular coastal region bordering the Atlantic Ocean that attracts not only tourists, but retirees as well. It’s approximately 141 miles of oceanfront that stretches from Perth Amboy in the north all the way to Cape May Point in the south and includes areas such as Middlesex, Ocean, Atlantic, Cape May, and Monmouth counties.
- Much like certain sports franchises, Irvine, California has grown used to being the best. For the sixth consecutive year, the master-planned community of Irvine was named the Top-Selling Master Planned Community in the Western United States.
- Nature explorers and outdoor lovers are going to love the newest community under development in Palm Desert, California. Domani – a 55-plus community – has been announced by The Rilington Group with plans to build 202 single-family homes. The community will include a clubhouse with resort-style amenities, low-maintenance homes, and an active lifestyle. Domani will be a prime spot for active adults looking to be close to nature. Located just next door is the Coachella Valley Preserve, while the massive Joshua Tree National Park is also nearby.