Archive: March 2018
- Award-winning builder Taylor Morrison has announced plans to unveil its new twin villa homes at Esplanade at Hacienda Lakes in Naples, Florida.
- Now available, Valencia del Sol is an active 55+ gated community located in Wimauma, Florida. Built by GL Homes, Valencia del Sol is the latest addition to the Valencia community series. Featuring world-class amenities catered specifically to active adults, Valencia del Sol boasts resort-style features and innovative home designs.
- For the third year in a row, 55places.com is excited to announce its list of best-selling active adult communities from across the country. We’ve compiled this list of the best-selling 55+ communities based on the number of sales through 55places.com in the last twelve months, from March 1st of 2017 to February 28th of 2018. This list is based on sales made through our website and does not represent overall sales in any given community. To learn more about our criteria breakdown and methodology, click here.
- One of the most popular building companies is opening a 55-plus community in one of the most popular retirement cities. Del Webb has officially announced the grand opening of Del Webb Myrtle Beach. Located just five minutes from beaches and just next door to several golf courses, Del Webb Myrtle Beach is sure to be a hit among active adults.
- Luxury condos combined with resort-inspired living is coming to Northern Texas this year. The Corvalla at Stonebriar is a three-story luxury development that will offer homebuyers single-story living, high-end finishes, and world-class amenities within the exclusive Stonebriar neighborhood in Frisco, Texas. Although there is no age-restriction, The Corvalla at Stonebriar will cater to empty nesters seeking a lock-and-leave community with low-maintenance living and resort-style amenities.
- One of the Washington D.C. Area’s hottest 55-plus communities is getting closer to a grand opening. Located in Ashburn, VA, Birchwood at Brambleton will include 1,502 homes in a gated community. Those homes come in a variety of styles for active adults from all walks of life, including condominiums, attached villas, and single-family homes.
- 2017 was a banner year for 55-plus home sales in New Jersey. According to internal data from 55places.com, New Jersey was the second highest-selling state in the country. Among the best-selling communities in New Jersey was Four Seasons at Smithville in Galloway. The 1,215-home community was the seventh highest-selling community in the state, according to 55places.com.
- The Charleston Area is on the verge of adding another 55-plus community in the form of Del Webb Nexton. Del Web Nexton will be a part of the massive master-planned community of Nexton, which is located in Summerville. Nexton will be spread across three separate villages, with Del Webb Nexton being the sole 55-plus section.