Retirees who are relocating to Florida often dream of a waterfront home. While some debate the merits of living on the Atlantic or Gulf Coast, others turn to Florida’s stunning lakefront communities. With over 7,000 lakes spread throughout Florida, many active adult communities contain their own scenic, fishing or boating lakes, and homes with beautiful water views.
1. Lake Ashton — This premier Central Florida active adult community boasts a 26,000 square foot clubhouse, 30,000 square foot fitness center, two 18-hole golf courses, and Lake Ashton, its own lake with boat access. The scenic lakes of Lake Ashton West and Lake Heart, as well as multiple smaller lakes, provide beautiful views throughout the community. Additionally, residents enjoy the indoor and outdoor pools, a movie theater, bowling alley, indoor walking track, basketball court, and many other amenities.
2. Solivita — Set in Poinciana, only 21 miles from Orlando, this Tuscan-themed active adult community is spread over 4,300 acres in Central Florida. With two championship 18-hole golf courses, 148,000 square feet of recreational space and numerous lakes and wooded preserves, Solivita is a spectacular lakefront community. The Waterview Galleries is Solivita’s elegant 16,000 square foot amenity center that overlooks the lake. It includes such features as ceramics and arts rooms, a computer lab, and library.
3. Lely Resort — Located along the southwest coast in Naples, Lely Resort Golf and Country Club offers azure lakes, three championship golf courses, four clubhouses, and a state of the art fitness center. Though not an age-restricted community, Lely Resort offers amenities that appeal to older active adults and retirees. Many of the residents are over the age of 55.
The 20,000 square foot clubhouse offers such amenities as a club room, billiards hall, craft room, fitness center, and full-service spa. Lely Resort also includes a lush lagoon pool with waterfalls, a surrounding sun deck and a poolside Tiki Bar.
4. VeronaWalk — In Naples, this age-targeted lakefront community is centered around a magnificent Town Center. This all inclusive community offers every convenience needed for daily living.
In addition to the many recreational amenities, VeronaWalk has its own bank, beauty salon, boutique, travel agency, gas station, car wash, and post office. The 25,000 square foot Town Center Clubhouse contains a state of the art fitness center, ballroom, sewing room, library, and more. Outdoors, residents can enjoy the resort-style pool, lighted tennis courts, bocce and basketball courts, walking trails, and fishing lakes.
5. VillageWalk at Bonita Springs — Open to all ages, this lifestyle-focused lakefront community has amenities that appeal to older adults and retirees. Fishing lakes, walking trails, lighted tennis courts, parks, and a resort-style pool let residents enjoy Florida’s sunny weather. Like VeronaWalk in Naples, VillageWalk is centered around a Town Center and conveniently offers everything needed for daily living within the community.
The Town Center Clubhouse includes recreational amenities such as a fitness center, library, card room, ballroom, and “Table 82” Italian restaurant. When looking for waterfront living in Florida, consider skipping the coasts and opting for a lakefront community.
Geared toward active adults, these amenity-rich communities are an ideal retirement location for those that want to live in a resort-style setting complete with their own scenic, fishing or boating lakes.