Aly J. Yale
Contributing Writer LinkedIn
Aly J. Yale covers mortgages and home financing for 55places.com. She's a freelance writer and journalist from Houston, specializing in all things real estate and personal finance, and her work can be seen in publications like Forbes, Bankrate, The Motley Fool, The Balance, The Simple Dollar, and more. She holds a B.S. from the Bob Schieffer College of Communication at TCU and is a proud Ravenclaw and twin mom.
11 Articles by this Author
- If you're on the fence about buying a home, the time to pull the trigger might just be right now. Though uncertainty abounds, overall housing conditions are still going strong. Rates are low, home prices are largely holding steady, and there's still a good window before the homebuying season reaches its peak.
- The mortgage process is pretty complicated. Even if you've gone through it before, it's easy to get tripped up with all the steps, documentation, and financial jargon of it all. Are you planning on applying for a mortgage soon? Before diving straight in, here are some answers to commonly asked mortgage questions.
- Regardless of the reason behind it, early retirement can be difficult to deal with. Not only are there the mental and emotional holes it leaves behind, but there's also significant financial stress that comes with it. Are you facing forced retirement? Not sure how to deal with all that comes with it? This guide can help.
- The rent vs. buy debate has long been argued. But for those in retirement, the dilemma deepens. Sure, homeownership offers stable, reliable payments (great for that fixed income) and the ability to customize your property as you choose, but renting offers perks too. So, how do you choose?
- If you're thinking of buying a home, then you might want to do it fast because the best month to do so is coming to an end. Studies show buying a home in December isn't just easier for most homebuyers in America, it's also more affordable, offering as much as $2,500 saved over other times of the year.