Contributing Writer LinkedIn
Amy Tranium covers North and South Carolina for 55places.com, contributing stories about active adult communities and trends in both states. Amy is a freelance writer with more than 10 years of journalism...
Amy Tranium covers North and South Carolina for 55places.com, contributing stories about active adult communities and trends in both states. Amy is a freelance writer with more than 10 years of journalism experience that ranges from working in public relations for professional sports teams to producing digital content for TV stations in top markets across the country. Her writing has also appeared in StyleBlueprint, Scoop Charlotte, and goCarolinas. A graduate of Virginia Commonwealth University, Amy has lived in Charlotte more almost a decade.
98 Articles by this Author
- Hilton Head, South Carolina is teeming with Southern charm, plenty of sandy shorelines, and countless options for things to do, places to eat, and ways to stay active. Over the years, it's become a go-to retirement destination for active adults looking to settle down in a coastal town in the southeast.
- Active adults considering a move to Asheville, NC have plenty of communities to consider. With so many options to choose from, narrowing the choices down to just one can often be overwhelming, unless there's a determined budget to stick to. Here are four communities in the Asheville area with homes for sale under $200K.
- Charlotte, North Carolina is an attractive option among active adults looking to retire in a larger city that's full of entertainment, museums, restaurants, and shopping. The city proper and surrounding suburbs boast more than 50 active adult communities with several that have homes available for around the $200K price range.
- Over the years Myrtle Beach has made a name for itself among active adults seeking a mild climate year-round as well as no shortage of things to do and see. And, although Myrtle Beach is located in South Carolina, there are quite a few active adult communities right over the state line in North Carolina.
- In recent years, the downtown area in Greenville, South Carolina has seen a major revitalization that's really helped put it on the map. However, even with the rising popularity of this growing southern city, there are still low-priced active adult communities within the area that will appeal to all types of lifestyles.