Contributing Writer LinkedIn
Amy Tranium covers North and South Carolina for 55places.com, contributing stories about active adult communities and trends in both states. Amy is a freelance writer with more than 10 years of journalism...
Amy Tranium covers North and South Carolina for 55places.com, contributing stories about active adult communities and trends in both states. Amy is a freelance writer with more than 10 years of journalism experience that ranges from working in public relations for professional sports teams to producing digital content for TV stations in top markets across the country. Her writing has also appeared in StyleBlueprint, Scoop Charlotte, and goCarolinas. A graduate of Virginia Commonwealth University, Amy has lived in Charlotte more almost a decade.
113 Articles by this Author
- While the larger cities in North Carolina tend to steal the spotlight, there are several smaller towns that stack up against the cities when it comes to incredible places to live in the Tar Heel State. Two of those smaller cities that stand out are Cary and Apex, which are both located near the state's popular Research Triangle.
- South Carolina is a state known for its incredible coastal beauty, charm, hospitality, acclaimed golf courses, and vibrant culinary scene that's full of rich Southern dishes. It's also home to some of the most desirable retirement destinations in the country--and for good reason.
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina may be one of the most coveted retirement destinations in the country due to its mild winters, world-class golfing, scenic beaches, and endless entertainment options. But, even with its popularity, the area still has plenty of affordable housing options to choose from.
- North Carolina is made up of a mixture of small Southern towns and major metro areas. Considering a move to the Tar Heel State? Here's everything you need to know, from taxes and climate to places to live and popular active adult communities to consider.
- Charleston, South Carolina is consistently named America's best city by both national and world-wide publications--and for good reason. The city boasts a rich history, a vibrant culinary scene, a growing craft beer scene, beautiful architecture, and it's located right on the water, providing picturesque views.