Contributing Writer LinkedIn
Amy Tranium covers North and South Carolina for 55places.com, contributing stories about active adult communities and trends in both states. Amy is a freelance writer with more than 10 years of journalism...
Amy Tranium covers North and South Carolina for 55places.com, contributing stories about active adult communities and trends in both states. Amy is a freelance writer with more than 10 years of journalism experience that ranges from working in public relations for professional sports teams to producing digital content for TV stations in top markets across the country. Her writing has also appeared in StyleBlueprint, Scoop Charlotte, and goCarolinas. A graduate of Virginia Commonwealth University, Amy has lived in Charlotte more almost a decade.
154 Articles by this Author
- Having easy access to the water--whether it be the ocean or a freshwater lake--can often be the deciding factor for homebuyers who love to boat. Fortunately for those considering buying real estate in South Carolina, there are a number of communities that are either located directly on the water or extremely close by.
- Clayton is a flourishing town where residents can enjoy a slower pace of life alongside local eateries, boutiques, greenways and trail systems, gyms, and theaters. The town is also home to four active adult communities that offer a wide range of housing options, amenities, and prices.
- Prospective homebuyers looking to purchase real estate in South Carolina will find a wide range of housing prices. While the state is a desirable retirement destination for retirees, there are plenty of affordable options to consider, especially when it comes to active adult communities.
- South Carolina is home to more than a hundred active adult communities with some of the most sought-after developments located along the state's scenic coastline. While there are many fantastic properties and homesites at each of these coastal communities, waterfront properties always have extra appeal with potential homeowners.
- The Charlotte area is home to 62 active adult communities that each have a lot to offer when it comes to desirable amenities, from resort-style pools and state-of-the-art fitness centers to picturesque golf courses. However, there are only a few communities that have on-site restaurants.