Contributing Writer LinkedIn
Amy Tranium covers North and South Carolina for 55places.com, contributing stories about active adult communities and trends in both states. Amy is a freelance writer with more than 10 years of journalism...
Amy Tranium covers North and South Carolina for 55places.com, contributing stories about active adult communities and trends in both states. Amy is a freelance writer with more than 10 years of journalism experience that ranges from working in public relations for professional sports teams to producing digital content for TV stations in top markets across the country. Her writing has also appeared in StyleBlueprint, Scoop Charlotte, and goCarolinas. A graduate of Virginia Commonwealth University, Amy has lived in Charlotte more almost a decade.
161 Articles by this Author
- As one of the largest cities in North Carolina, the Durham area has many options when it comes to buying real estate, especially in an active adult community. With so many choices comes the opportunity to find your dream home in a price range that suits your budget.
- South Carolina's largest active adult community has announced that it's adding even more options to its already extensive list of floor plans. Home to more than 9,000 single-family and attached homes, Sun City Hilton Head already boasts dozens of distinct floor plans with price points ranging from the high $100s to over $1M.
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina may be one of the most coveted retirement destinations in the country due to its mild winters, world-class golfing, scenic beaches, and endless entertainment options. But, even with its popularity, the area still has plenty of affordable housing options to choose from.
- For years, Bluffton, South Carolina has been a favorite retirement destination among active adults looking to settle down near the coast. Now, the town is adding a new 55+ community to its roster--Four Seasons at Carolina Oaks, a new, gated, and age-restricted community that will feature 559 single-family homes.
- A healthy home starts with having healthy habits like keeping up with routine cleaning and decluttering, eating well, and regularly exercising. In addition to creating better routines and habits, there are also several health-improving appliances that can elevate your space and make it even more comfortable.