Contributing Writer LinkedIn
Amy Tranium covers North and South Carolina for 55places.com, contributing stories about active adult communities and trends in both states. Amy is a freelance writer with more than 10 years of journalism...
Amy Tranium covers North and South Carolina for 55places.com, contributing stories about active adult communities and trends in both states. Amy is a freelance writer with more than 10 years of journalism experience that ranges from working in public relations for professional sports teams to producing digital content for TV stations in top markets across the country. Her writing has also appeared in StyleBlueprint, Scoop Charlotte, and goCarolinas. A graduate of Virginia Commonwealth University, Amy has lived in Charlotte more almost a decade.
170 Articles by this Author
- North Carolina is often a popular choice for snowbirds who want to temporarily move south. The Tar Heel State not only offers an escape from harsh winter weather with its mild temperatures, but it also offers residents plenty to see and do. Here are five of the best active adult communities in North Carolina for snowbirds.
- Myrtle Beach has garnered a lot of attention from the 55+ crowd--and all for good reason. Between the town's beautiful coastal setting, mild year-round temperatures, and the major South Carolina tax incentives for retirees, there are plenty of reasons to hold Myrtle Beach in such high regard.
- For many active adults, a day spent on the golf course or relaxing by the ocean is the ultimate retirement dream. Fortunately, there are several 55+ communities in Coastal North Carolina that offer on-site golf courses as well as convenient locations near some of the state's most scenic beaches.
- The first residents of Metro Atlanta's newest active adult community, Cresswind Georgia at Twin Lakes, are officially moving into their homes. The up-and-coming neighborhood located in Hoschton, GA is the latest addition to the expansive master-planned community of Twin Lakes, built by Kolter Homes.
- Retirement is often the ideal time to consider downsizing your space and clutter. Columbia, South Carolina has several active adult communities that have plenty of options when it comes to finding the right house to downsize. Here are four of the best communities in Columbia for downsizing.