Editorial Manager LinkedIn
Brad Mitchell is the Editorial Manager for 55places.com where he is also a blog contributor. Brad has a thorough knowledge of active adult communities coming from three years of research and writing, as...
Brad Mitchell is the Editorial Manager for 55places.com where he is also a blog contributor. Brad has a thorough knowledge of active adult communities coming from three years of research and writing, as well as touring several communities throughout the country. His work has also been featured on Neighborhoods.com and ComingHomeNewcastle.com.
Previously, Brad was an editor at Chicago-based Here.com, a Nokia company. Brad has a degree from Columbia College Chicago ('13) in Creative Nonfiction. He currently lives in Chicago and has a passion for all things journalism, literature, sports, history, and culture.
163 Articles by this Author
- Besides just newer homes, new 55+ communities also give homeowners a chance to shape the lifestyle they desire in their community. This year, we compiled our most competitive list yet, with several communities missing the cut that would have made it in previous years. Let's take a look at 2020's best new communities.
- The 2020 55places National Housing Survey asked over 2,118 potential and recent homebuyers interested in active adult communities about what they look for in a home, community, and real estate agent as well as other relevant aspects of the homebuying process.
- Snowbirds often leave family and friends for extended periods, putting them in some danger of isolation. 55+ communities reduce that danger drastically by creating a built-in social network of neighbors, friends, and hobbyists eager to meet new people. Here are the 25 most affordable communities for snowbirds this winter.
- Whichever way you want to snowbird, you probably want to do it affordably. To help you out, 55places decided to look at the most popular snowbirding states, including Florida, Arizona, Texas, New Mexico, Georgia, South and North Carolina, and the Gulf of Mexico states like Mississippi, Alabama, and Louisiana.
- To find the best value communities, we looked at age-restricted and active lifestyle communities across the country to find out their home prices, state taxes, and cost of living. We compared this information to the amenities on offer, lifestyle options, home styles, and more. Here are the 25 best value communities of 2020.