Editorial Manager LinkedIn
Brad Mitchell is the Editorial Manager for 55places.com where he is also a blog contributor. Brad has a thorough knowledge of active adult communities coming from three years of research and writing, as...
Brad Mitchell is the Editorial Manager for 55places.com where he is also a blog contributor. Brad has a thorough knowledge of active adult communities coming from three years of research and writing, as well as touring several communities throughout the country. His work has also been featured on Neighborhoods.com and ComingHomeNewcastle.com.
Previously, Brad was an editor at Chicago-based Here.com, a Nokia company. Brad has a degree from Columbia College Chicago ('13) in Creative Nonfiction. He currently lives in Chicago and has a passion for all things journalism, literature, sports, history, and culture.
158 Articles by this Author
- Retirees seeking a second home, a property closer to family, or a smaller residence have several communities in New York to choose from. These options provide the amenities and lifestyle that many 55+ communities offer but at a fraction of the price.
- Another summer means it's another chance for 55places to find the best 55+ communities in the country. This year's list features a good mix of long-standing favorites, up-and-comers, and some big risers compared to last year's list. Here are the 55 best 55+ communities of 2020.
- Construction on Ladera Rockwall began last year, and the community is now ready to host a new model grand opening event. The Dallas-area 55+ community is inviting prospective homeowners to visit the new model home and tour the community on the weekend of June 26 to June 28.
- The Atlanta area is adding another premier 55+ community to its already impressive selection of 55+ communities. Cresswind Georgia at Twin Lakes in Hochston will be the third Kolter Homes community in the area and the second-largest in the state upon completion.
- Every successive decade has brought new changes and new adaptations to what the retirees of the day want in a community. Here are the 100 most popular 55+ communities for 2020 based on 55places.com pageviews and saved communities through user accounts.