Editorial Manager LinkedIn
Brad Mitchell is the Editorial Manager for 55places.com where he is also a blog contributor. Brad has a thorough knowledge of active adult communities coming from three years of research and writing, as...
Brad Mitchell is the Editorial Manager for 55places.com where he is also a blog contributor. Brad has a thorough knowledge of active adult communities coming from three years of research and writing, as well as touring several communities throughout the country. His work has also been featured on Neighborhoods.com and ComingHomeNewcastle.com.
Previously, Brad was an editor at Chicago-based Here.com, a Nokia company. Brad has a degree from Columbia College Chicago ('13) in Creative Nonfiction. He currently lives in Chicago and has a passion for all things journalism, literature, sports, history, and culture.
149 Articles by this Author
- Every year several dozen active adult communities open their doors to residents who get to enjoy the new amenities first and build the community's lifestyle from the ground up. This year is no different. Take a look for yourself and discover the new homes available in these popular communities.
- Value is not always the easiest thing to define, especially when it comes to homes and real estate. Some may just be looking for the most affordable home, others for the most they can get for their money. While value means something different to everyone, these 25 communities give residents the most lifestyle for their money.
- For the sixth consecutive year, 55places.com is proud to announce the 55 Best 55+ Communities of the Year. The competition grew fiercer in 2019, and we considered more data than ever in order to uncover the best active adult communities in the country.
- 55places.com is expanding our newsletter reach into the Midwest. Illinois is the most popular state in the region when it comes to 55+ communities. It's home to large and popular communities like Sun City Huntley, Carillon, and Saddlebrook Farms. Sign up for all the information, news, and trends about 55+ communities in the Land of Lincoln.
- Each year, we comb through the thousands of 55+ communities across the country to find the best clubhouses and amenities on offer. This year, we've looked through testimonials, data sets, and toured new communities vying for a chance to get in the top 25. Take a look at who came in first.