Editorial Manager LinkedIn
Brad Mitchell is the Editorial Manager for 55places.com where he is also a blog contributor. Brad has a thorough knowledge of active adult communities coming from three years of research and writing, as...
Brad Mitchell is the Editorial Manager for 55places.com where he is also a blog contributor. Brad has a thorough knowledge of active adult communities coming from three years of research and writing, as well as touring several communities throughout the country. His work has also been featured on Neighborhoods.com and ComingHomeNewcastle.com.
Previously, Brad was an editor at Chicago-based Here.com, a Nokia company. Brad has a degree from Columbia College Chicago ('13) in Creative Nonfiction. He currently lives in Chicago and has a passion for all things journalism, literature, sports, history, and culture.
152 Articles by this Author
- This year, to determine the winner, we took into consideration a community's desirable and affordable location, any major or unique upgrades made in the last year, and rankings on previous awards posts such as our best-selling and most popular awards. By those metrics, the clear winner is On Top of the World in Ocala, Florida.
- The 2019 55places National Housing Survey asked over 2,500 potential and recent homebuyers interested in active adult communities about what they look for in a home, community, and real estate agent, as well as other relevant aspects of the homebuying process.
- There are many ways to retire--maybe you're thinking of heading to Florida or Arizona for year-round sun, maybe you're hoping to be a snowbird who flies south for the winter, or maybe you're retiring abroad or in an urban core. For active adults seeking a less traditional route, retiring on a houseboat may be a dream come true.
- Every year several dozen active adult communities open their doors to residents who get to enjoy the new amenities first and build the community's lifestyle from the ground up. This year is no different. Take a look for yourself and discover the new homes available in these popular communities.
- Value is not always the easiest thing to define, especially when it comes to homes and real estate. Some may just be looking for the most affordable home, others for the most they can get for their money. While value means something different to everyone, these 25 communities give residents the most lifestyle for their money.