Editorial Manager LinkedIn
Brad Mitchell is the Editorial Manager for 55places.com where he is also a blog contributor. Brad has a thorough knowledge of active adult communities coming from three years of research and writing, as well
Brad Mitchell is the Editorial Manager for 55places.com where he is also a blog contributor. Brad has a thorough knowledge of active adult communities coming from three years of research and writing, as well as touring several communities throughout the country. His work has also been featured on Neighborhoods.com and ComingHomeNewcastle.com.
Previously, Brad was an editor at Chicago-based Here.com, a Nokia company. Brad has a degree from Columbia College Chicago ('13) in Creative Nonfiction. He currently lives in Chicago and has a passion for all things journalism, literature, sports, history, and culture.
142 Articles by this Author
- Each month, 55places.com likes to take a look at which active adult communities around the country are getting the most buzz. Let's take a look at which communities had buyers excited to call home in March and why you might want to follow their lead.
- As active adult communities have grown in popularity over the past few decades, there is a group of retirees who have been asking, "what about us?" That's because, until recently, many single active adults felt out of place in 55+ communities. However, these Southern California communities have changed that.
- When looking at Phoenix, Arizona homes for sale, it can get overwhelming to decide which suburb is the right one for you. One city you may want to consider is Chandler, home to four 55+ communities and one active lifestyle community.
- In a sense, Green Valley, Arizona is the West's response to The Villages, the largest active adult community (or city) in the country. What is it about the Southern Arizona community that keeps so many retirees interested in living here?
- Health care is never far away when you live in Sun City or Sun City West. One of the most important factors when choosing a 55+ community is nearby health care. Being a few minutes away from your doctor and any specialists can save a lot of time and make a stressful situation less so. While moving into a community near highly rated medical...