Contributing Writer LinkedIn
Ellen Kershner has been a content writer for 55places.com since June of 2018. She covers the Northeast, contributing stories about New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania active adult communities and...
Ellen Kershner has been a content writer for 55places.com since June of 2018. She covers the Northeast, contributing stories about New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania active adult communities and lifestyle. She also writes for Spryte Communications, a Philadelphia healthcare marketing company, Advanta Advertising, and Premier Legal Marketing. From 2008 to 2018, she was the Director of Marketing for Senior Salon Services, a company that manages salons in retirement and assisted living communities. Ellen also worked in the Editorial Department of Shopper’s Guide, a South Jersey publication with a circulation of 500,000. Her work has also been published by The Philadelphia Inquirer, Ed Hitzel’s Restaurant Magazine, and the Burlington County NJ Trend newspaper group. She graduated with honors from The American University in Washington DC in 1986 and currently lives in Marlton, NJ.
424 Articles by this Author
- Pennsylvania has plenty of 55+ communities, but many active adults in those communities don't spend all year in the Keystone State. If you're hoping to be a snowbird who leaves Pennsylvania when it's cold, here are a few 55+ communities in the state worth checking out.
- To give you a better idea about Carmel real estate, we have curated a list of four outstanding active adult communities in this area. They should provide a good snapshot of what you can get in your price range, and if you need to look further, there are 16 more to look at.
- If you are looking at homes for sale in Pennsylvania, you'll find new and resale condos, townhomes, and single-family homes available at different price points. We've located 41 gated 55+ communities in the state, and here are profiles on seven of our favorites.
- Snowbirds who are looking to keep a second home in New York are smart to prioritize affordability, low-maintenance, and lock-and-leave features in their search. There's a good selection of homes for sale in New York that meet all of these requirements, and we've picked some of our favorites.
- Though New Jersey can be expensive, it's the fourth most popular state for retirement in the U.S. The four 55+ neighborhoods we've chosen are all large, established, and welcoming communities with on-site amenities and budget-friendly price points. Here's what they offer.