Contributing Writer LinkedIn
Ellen Kershner has been a content writer for 55places.com since June of 2018. She covers the Northeast, contributing stories about New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania active adult communities and lifestyl
Ellen Kershner has been a content writer for 55places.com since June of 2018. She covers the Northeast, contributing stories about New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania active adult communities and lifestyle. She also writes for Spryte Communications, a Philadelphia healthcare marketing company, Advanta Advertising, and Premier Legal Marketing. From 2008 to 2018, she was the Director of Marketing for Senior Salon Services, a company that manages salons in retirement and assisted living communities. Ellen also worked in the Editorial Department of Shopper’s Guide, a South Jersey publication with a circulation of 500,000. Her work has also been published by The Philadelphia Inquirer, Ed Hitzel’s Restaurant Magazine, and the Burlington County NJ Trend newspaper group. She graduated with honors from The American University in Washington DC in 1986 and currently lives in Marlton, NJ.
194 Articles by this Author
- Many active adults prefer not to live right in Philadelphia, but the surrounding suburbs offer plenty to offer for $250k. To have easy access into the city to see a show, enjoy a fine meal, or visit a specialist and then return to a peaceful, low-maintenance home is priceless.
- Like most of its Ocean County counterparts, Manchester, New Jersey offers its residents more than their share of beaches and harbors, parks, golf courses, indoor and outdoor shopping malls, and services. It's also quite affordable, especially in its more well-established neighborhoods.
- The prevalence of soaring mountains, trendy suburbs, cities like Morristown and Hoboken, and a proximity to New York City are just some of the reasons why active adults express interest in Northern New Jersey real estate. Here are a few options if you don't want your HOA fees to go to golf.
- It may be the capital of Pennsylvania, but Harrisburg has more of a welcoming small-town feel that you won't find in other large cities. In addition to having a thriving downtown area, it is broken into four unique neighborhoods, which are all walkable and friendly.
- There are five mid-sized 55+ neighborhoods in Easton, and they offer an attainable, more relaxed pace of life that is near all of life's conveniences and the beautiful outdoors. Here's the lowdown on these communities and how they can help active adults in the Keystone State.