Contributing Writer LinkedIn
Ellen Kershner has been a content writer for 55places.com since June of 2018. She covers the Northeast, contributing stories about New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania active adult communities and...
Ellen Kershner has been a content writer for 55places.com since June of 2018. She covers the Northeast, contributing stories about New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania active adult communities and lifestyle. She also writes for Spryte Communications, a Philadelphia healthcare marketing company, Advanta Advertising, and Premier Legal Marketing. From 2008 to 2018, she was the Director of Marketing for Senior Salon Services, a company that manages salons in retirement and assisted living communities. Ellen also worked in the Editorial Department of Shopper’s Guide, a South Jersey publication with a circulation of 500,000. Her work has also been published by The Philadelphia Inquirer, Ed Hitzel’s Restaurant Magazine, and the Burlington County NJ Trend newspaper group. She graduated with honors from The American University in Washington DC in 1986 and currently lives in Marlton, NJ.
228 Articles by this Author
- There are only five states in this country that don't have a sales tax: Alaska, New Hampshire, Montana, Oregon, and Delaware. Active adults who choose to live in Pennsylvania near the Delaware border are tax-savvy since they can pop over and save the sales tax on their purchases.
- Being an international tourist destination, Atlantic City, New Jersey is 60 miles from Philadelphia, and it's easily the best-known city in Atlantic County. Its many casinos, restaurants, nightclubs, and beaches draw in visitors from around the world, but there's much more to this county.
- Most active adults think about downsizing at some point, but it's all a matter of finding the right mix of a stellar location, that perfect floor plan, and low-maintenance features. Lancaster, Pennsylvania real estate checks all of these boxes, especially the three 55+ neighborhoods listed below.
- And though you can find million-dollar homes in Monmouth, there are plenty of 55+ communities with surprisingly affordable homes--some under $150K. If you're seeking well-priced homes for sale in Monmouth County, get a head start by reading about these four outstanding choices.
- Gloucester County real estate skews towards lower price points, and 55+ homebuyers can easily find good-sized, low maintenance, affordable homes. So whether you prefer an urban or suburban lifestyle, Glouco has something that will fit right into your price range.