Contributing Writer LinkedIn
Ellen Kershner has been a content writer for 55places.com since June of 2018. She covers the Northeast, contributing stories about New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania active adult communities and...
Ellen Kershner has been a content writer for 55places.com since June of 2018. She covers the Northeast, contributing stories about New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania active adult communities and lifestyle. She also writes for Spryte Communications, a Philadelphia healthcare marketing company, Advanta Advertising, and Premier Legal Marketing. From 2008 to 2018, she was the Director of Marketing for Senior Salon Services, a company that manages salons in retirement and assisted living communities. Ellen also worked in the Editorial Department of Shopper’s Guide, a South Jersey publication with a circulation of 500,000. Her work has also been published by The Philadelphia Inquirer, Ed Hitzel’s Restaurant Magazine, and the Burlington County NJ Trend newspaper group. She graduated with honors from The American University in Washington DC in 1986 and currently lives in Marlton, NJ.
267 Articles by this Author
- With 125 flourishing active adult communities, active adult home seekers have their pick of location, floor plans, amenities, and price points in this region. If your budget is in the $300K range, you'll be pleased to see how much value you can get for your money when it comes to Eastern PA real estate.
- Here at 55places.com, we can't say enough good things about picturesque Lancaster County. Located in the southern part of Pennsylvania, it's bordered on the left by the Susquehanna River, and it's home to 10 sought-after retirement communities. Here are four offering new construction homes.
- Thanks to its abundance of cultural activities and natural beauty, New York State is a preferred retirement destination for baby boomers, and we have information on 71 communities on our site. Here are several excellent options for downsizing in New York.
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Pittsburgh as the #5 place to retire in the United States, so it's not surprising that Pittsburgh real estate is in higher demand than ever before. We list 14 active adult communities in the Pittsburgh area, and most offer new construction options. Here are a few to get you started.
- One can't think about New Jersey real estate without the question of price coming to mind. Yet even with a strong market like there is today, active adults can find plenty of appealing homes for sale under $200K throughout the many 55+ communities in the state.