Contributing Writer LinkedIn
Ellen Kershner has been a content writer for 55places.com since June of 2018. She covers the Northeast, contributing stories about New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania active adult communities and...
Ellen Kershner has been a content writer for 55places.com since June of 2018. She covers the Northeast, contributing stories about New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania active adult communities and lifestyle. She also writes for Spryte Communications, a Philadelphia healthcare marketing company, Advanta Advertising, and Premier Legal Marketing. From 2008 to 2018, she was the Director of Marketing for Senior Salon Services, a company that manages salons in retirement and assisted living communities. Ellen also worked in the Editorial Department of Shopper’s Guide, a South Jersey publication with a circulation of 500,000. Her work has also been published by The Philadelphia Inquirer, Ed Hitzel’s Restaurant Magazine, and the Burlington County NJ Trend newspaper group. She graduated with honors from The American University in Washington DC in 1986 and currently lives in Marlton, NJ.
410 Articles by this Author
- Perfectly situated about three miles northwest of downtown Gettysburg, Amblebrook broke ground in 2018. Upon completion, this resort-style 55+ community will offer 2,000 single-family homes, a selection of home models built by award-winning builders, and endless amenities and lifestyle options.
- At some point in our lives, we start to dread doing our necessary chores. They take up more valuable time, and they can be physically demanding. This is why so many active adults choose to live in communities with homeowners' associations (HOA) that allow their residents to live low-maintenance lifestyles.
- The thought of decluttering can seem overwhelming, but there's a science to it. Diving right in without a plan and realistic goals can lead to an unfinished job. Even though it'll take time and effort, cleaning out your abode will give you a new outlook and prepare you for better things to come.
- What can active adults do to stay connected when staying indoors? Luckily, there has been an explosion of social networking apps over the past few years, and they're easy to use. Read on to learn about some of the most popular apps out there to connect you with family and friends.
- Located in the northwestern part of NJ, Hunterdon County has charming small towns like Flemington and Clinton, highly-rated school systems, and appealing 55+ communities. These upscale active adult communities offer thoughtfully designed homes and sought-after amenities.