Contributing Writer LinkedIn
Ellen Kershner has been a content writer for 55places.com since June of 2018. She covers the Northeast, contributing stories about New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania active adult communities and...
Ellen Kershner has been a content writer for 55places.com since June of 2018. She covers the Northeast, contributing stories about New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania active adult communities and lifestyle. She also writes for Spryte Communications, a Philadelphia healthcare marketing company, Advanta Advertising, and Premier Legal Marketing. From 2008 to 2018, she was the Director of Marketing for Senior Salon Services, a company that manages salons in retirement and assisted living communities. Ellen also worked in the Editorial Department of Shopper’s Guide, a South Jersey publication with a circulation of 500,000. Her work has also been published by The Philadelphia Inquirer, Ed Hitzel’s Restaurant Magazine, and the Burlington County NJ Trend newspaper group. She graduated with honors from The American University in Washington DC in 1986 and currently lives in Marlton, NJ.
352 Articles by this Author
- One thing that health-conscious active adults want is an exercise facility with an aerobics studio. Aerobic exercise not only provides countless health benefits, but it is also a social activity. The four 55+ communities in Long Island offer aerobics studios as well as some of the most scenic spots on the East Coast.
- If you're thinking of settling down in PA, Eastern Pennsylvania real estate could be a good option for you. All in all, there are 127 active adult communities in this region, and three of them are not age-restricted. Here's the low-down on the three communities in Eastern Pennsylvania that don't have age restrictions.
- It's that time of year again when everyone puts together "best of" lists, and here at 55places.com, we're proud to be part of the trend. Our information is especially useful for active adult homebuyers, and for this list, we took a look at Pennsylvania.
- There are now over 100 active adult communities in Central New Jersey, so choosing the right one takes time. One way to start is by looking at some that have a highly sought-after amenity: a community transit bus. We've put together a list of Central New Jersey 55+ neighborhoods with homes for sale that offer this convenience.
- Today's savvy active adult home seekers also value the importance of on-site amenities. If you plan to retire in PA and you want a clubhouse that you can get a lot of use out of, check out the communities we've chosen below. They have some of the biggest and best clubhouses in the state.