Contributing Writer LinkedIn
Kristina Gaddy writes about the Mid-Atlantic region for 55places.com, contributing stories about active adult communities and trends in Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and Washington, D.C. Kristina has an...
Kristina Gaddy writes about the Mid-Atlantic region for 55places.com, contributing stories about active adult communities and trends in Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and Washington, D.C. Kristina has an MFA from Goucher College in nonfiction writing and writes mostly about history, culture, and health. She loves thinking about the past and present of houses and neighborhoods, something Baltimore makes easy. She has also written about the neighborhoods and culture of Balitmore, Maryland for Neighborhoods.com. Her writing has also appeared in The Washington Post, CultureTrip, Ozy, Goucher Quarterly, and UMBC Magazine.
142 Articles by this Author
- Across the country, active adult communities provide residents with social opportunities and amenities that enable residents to live healthier lives. This, combined with good weather and access to quality health care, results in some of the best places to retire for your health.
- Del Webb at Lake Las Vegas and Del Webb at North Ranch are the first new developments from Del Webb in ten years. Both communities offer many amenities, quality homes available for customization, and a friendly neighborhood experience. With both communities now open for sales, here's how the two communities compare.
- Following a grand opening in February, Del Webb has announced that the outdoor amenities at Del Webb at Lake Las Vegas are now open. As part of the master-planned community Lake Las Vegas, this community gives residents access to private 55+ amenities as well as the expansive amenities within the larger development.
- Staging a home is the process of arranging the interior decoration for maximum appeal to buyers. Staging has many benefits, including making a home feel livable and highlighting the home's best attributes. Many experts also feel that it helps homes sell faster and at a higher price.
- As climate consciousness rises across the world, those over 55 are increasingly looking for sustainable and green housing alternatives. Some of the biggest builders of 55+ communities are seeking sustainable materials, eco-friendly appliances, and green building techniques.