Contributing Writer LinkedIn
Kristina Gaddy writes about the Mid-Atlantic region for 55places.com, contributing stories about active adult communities and trends in Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and Washington, D.C. Kristina has an...
Kristina Gaddy writes about the Mid-Atlantic region for 55places.com, contributing stories about active adult communities and trends in Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and Washington, D.C. Kristina has an MFA from Goucher College in nonfiction writing and writes mostly about history, culture, and health. She loves thinking about the past and present of houses and neighborhoods, something Baltimore makes easy. She has also written about the neighborhoods and culture of Balitmore, Maryland for Neighborhoods.com. Her writing has also appeared in The Washington Post, CultureTrip, Ozy, Goucher Quarterly, and UMBC Magazine.
144 Articles by this Author
- Traditions of America announced the construction of a new development in Chesterfield County. Traditions of America at Chesterfield will be an age-restricted community made up of 250 single-family homes. Traditions of America first submitted plans for the community in 2018 and is now pre-selling new homes in the community.
- The highlight of the new Del Webb Bexley community is its 19,000-square-foot clubhouse, which is now open. In 2018, premier 55+ homebuilder Del Webb broke ground on their latest community in Land O' Lakes, Florida. The Meridian is Del Webb Bexley's clubhouse and center of social activities for the community.
- Across the country, active adult communities provide residents with social opportunities and amenities that enable residents to live healthier lives. This, combined with good weather and access to quality health care, results in some of the best places to retire for your health.
- Del Webb at Lake Las Vegas and Del Webb at North Ranch are the first new developments from Del Webb in ten years. Both communities offer many amenities, quality homes available for customization, and a friendly neighborhood experience. With both communities now open for sales, here's how the two communities compare.
- Following a grand opening in February, Del Webb has announced that the outdoor amenities at Del Webb at Lake Las Vegas are now open. As part of the master-planned community Lake Las Vegas, this community gives residents access to private 55+ amenities as well as the expansive amenities within the larger development.