Contributing Writer LinkedIn
Kristina Gaddy writes about the Mid-Atlantic region for 55places.com, contributing stories about active adult communities and trends in Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and Washington, D.C. Kristina has an...
Kristina Gaddy writes about the Mid-Atlantic region for 55places.com, contributing stories about active adult communities and trends in Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and Washington, D.C. Kristina has an MFA from Goucher College in nonfiction writing and writes mostly about history, culture, and health. She loves thinking about the past and present of houses and neighborhoods, something Baltimore makes easy. She has also written about the neighborhoods and culture of Balitmore, Maryland for Neighborhoods.com. Her writing has also appeared in The Washington Post, CultureTrip, Ozy, Goucher Quarterly, and UMBC Magazine.
81 Articles by this Author
- Many Mid-Atlantic residents look forward to spending vacations and days off at the beach or the bay. For residents over 55, Maryland offers many active adult communities near or on the water, from the Eastern Shore to the Washington, D.C. area. Here are five 55+ communities in Maryland.
- Although Charlottesville has a higher cost of living than surrounding areas, prospective homebuyers can still find affordable active adult communities in the area. The average home price in Charlottesville is under $300,000, which is about half of the average price in Northern Virginia.
- Who doesn't fantasize about a permanent beach vacation? The Mid-Atlantic offers beautiful ocean views in Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware, and many active adult communities take advantage of the beach lifestyle. Here's an overview of each state's beaches, and the six best active adult communities near the water.
- Adults over 55 looking for their new home have plenty of choices in the greater Richmond area. In fact, the active adult communities in the Richmond, Virginia area make up almost half of all the communities in the state. Here are the top five best-selling communities in the Richmond area.
- In the small state of Delaware, Sussex County is the second-most populated county in the state, and it's home to 13 active adult communities. Here are the top five most popular active adult communities, according to 55places.com data.