Contributing Writer LinkedIn
Kristina Gaddy writes about the Mid-Atlantic region for 55places.com, contributing stories about active adult communities and trends in Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and Washington, D.C. Kristina has an...
Kristina Gaddy writes about the Mid-Atlantic region for 55places.com, contributing stories about active adult communities and trends in Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and Washington, D.C. Kristina has an MFA from Goucher College in nonfiction writing and writes mostly about history, culture, and health. She loves thinking about the past and present of houses and neighborhoods, something Baltimore makes easy. She has also written about the neighborhoods and culture of Balitmore, Maryland for Neighborhoods.com. Her writing has also appeared in The Washington Post, CultureTrip, Ozy, Goucher Quarterly, and UMBC Magazine.
110 Articles by this Author
- Building on the success of their communities in the Las Vegas area, premium 55+ community builder Del Webb has announced the opening of a new active adult community in the North Las Vegas area. Del Webb at North Ranch will offer a prime location with the resort-style amenities many active adults are looking for.
- Active adults looking for a new community in the Las Vegas area will want to consider Del Webb at Lake Las Vegas. One of the nation's premier builders of active adult communities announced in July that they would begin construction this month on the new community.
- Bunco is a social dice game played with 12 people. Bunco is popular in active adult communities because it allows large groups of people to play together, and the rules are fairly easy to learn. The basics of the game are simple: Roll the dice and get as many "Buncos" or wins as possible during four rounds of play.
- As a new age-restricted community breaks ground, prospective residents are eagerly anticipating the new construction in one of the Chesapeake Bay region's most sought-after areas. This past September, builder K. Hovnanian hosted a groundbreaking ceremony for their new active adult condos on Kent Island.
- Active adults looking for a new community in the Richmond area should be on the lookout for new homes near Brandermill. In September, Realty Ventures Group (RVG) submitted plans for a development that would include up to 799 homes, including age-restricted homes. They also plan to rezone the property for mixed-use.