Contributing Writer LinkedIn
Kristina Gaddy writes about the Mid-Atlantic region for 55places.com, contributing stories about active adult communities and trends in Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and Washington, D.C. Kristina has an...
Kristina Gaddy writes about the Mid-Atlantic region for 55places.com, contributing stories about active adult communities and trends in Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and Washington, D.C. Kristina has an MFA from Goucher College in nonfiction writing and writes mostly about history, culture, and health. She loves thinking about the past and present of houses and neighborhoods, something Baltimore makes easy. She has also written about the neighborhoods and culture of Balitmore, Maryland for Neighborhoods.com. Her writing has also appeared in The Washington Post, CultureTrip, Ozy, Goucher Quarterly, and UMBC Magazine.
119 Articles by this Author
- In the summer of 2019, Del Webb announced plans for Del Webb at Lake Las Vegas, and excitement has been growing about the company's first new community in the Las Vegas area in ten years. On Feb. 8, Del Webb will host a grand opening and open house to celebrate the new community.
- In 2019, award-winning builder Del Webb announced eight new 55+ communities located in Massachusetts, New Jersey, Virginia, Florida, Texas, and Nevada. This established and respected builder designs communities with active adults in mind. Here are the key features of Del Webb's eight new communities.
- There are many factors in deciding where to retire, and the weather can be one of them. Luckily, many of the states with nice weather also offer additional benefits for people over 60 and have several exciting active adult communities. Here are the four best states for a low-humidity retirement.
- To create our shortlist for Community of Year, we rated communities based on previous awards the communities had won, the popularity of the community, how good the community's location was as an affordable place to retire, and if the community had made any innovation or upgrades in the last year.
- Del Webb's new Lake Las Vegas and North Ranch communities have been getting a lot of interest. However, they're not scheduled to open until next year. With 23 communities in the Las Vegas area, prospective homebuyers who don't want to wait have plenty of options.