55places Contributor LinkedIn
Maddy Crozier is a freelance writer and editor based in Chicago, Illinois. She covers the Northern Illinois region as well as news, trends, and lifestyle content for 55places.com. She has written about...
Maddy Crozier is a freelance writer and editor based in Chicago, Illinois. She covers the Northern Illinois region as well as news, trends, and lifestyle content for 55places.com. She has written about the most popular, best-selling, and best up-and-coming active adult communities as well as topics on downsizing, affordability, and retirement trends. Maddy previously worked as a Content Intern at 55places.com where she assisted the Content and Marketing team with drafting newsletters, researching active adult communities, writing blog posts, and doing community outreach. An Indianapolis native, she also writes for Edible Indy, a digital and print magazine about the sustainable food movement. Her writing on local food initiatives and seasonal food traditions appears regularly on the Edible Indy website.
Currently, Maddy attends DePaul University as a graduate student in the Writing, Rhetoric, and Discourse program. As an undergraduate, she was inducted into the Pi Epsilon Pi National Writing Honors Society. She also served as a peer writing tutor, writing groups facilitator, and research team member in the university’s writing center. Maddy now continues her studies at DePaul to pursue a graduate degree, which she expects to complete in June 2020. In the upcoming academic year, she will work as a Graduate Assistant in her department and present research projects at the Writing Program Administrators Conference and International Writing Center Association Conference.
87 Articles by this Author
- At the start of a new decade, many of the most renowned builders have announced new developments across the country. To help you find your next home, we made a list of some of the best new communities breaking ground, hosting grand opening ceremonies, or starting sales in the coming year.
- Active adults who want to live in Northern Illinois have well over 100 suburbs to choose from, providing homebuyers with an abundance of retirement options in Illinois. Located about 20 miles apart, the cities of Elgin and Aurora are two popular Chicago suburbs for active adults.
- The 202-mile Fox River spans from southwestern Wisconsin through Northern Illinois, creating an expansive waterway ideal for boating, fishing, kayaking, canoeing, and walking along scenic trails. Some active adult communities are near all that the Fox River has to offer, giving residents prime waterside views.
- This month's list features new construction communities in Florida, North Carolina, and New Jersey as well as many well-established resale communities in Florida, South Carolina, and California. Keep reading to explore the 44 active adult communities added to 55places.com in February 2020.
- Residents of McHenry County can reach Chicago within 55 miles, putting the world-class city within easy reach, yet they can avoid Cook County taxes and traffic. If you want to learn more about life in McHenry County, check out these five active adult communities in McHenry County, Illinois.