55places Contributor LinkedIn
Maddy Crozier is a freelance writer and editor based in Chicago, Illinois. She covers the Northern Illinois region as well as news, trends, and lifestyle content for 55places.com. She has written about...
Maddy Crozier is a freelance writer and editor based in Chicago, Illinois. She covers the Northern Illinois region as well as news, trends, and lifestyle content for 55places.com. She has written about the most popular, best-selling, and best up-and-coming active adult communities as well as topics on downsizing, affordability, and retirement trends. Maddy previously worked as a Content Intern at 55places.com where she assisted the Content and Marketing team with drafting newsletters, researching active adult communities, writing blog posts, and doing community outreach. An Indianapolis native, she also writes for Edible Indy, a digital and print magazine about the sustainable food movement. Her writing on local food initiatives and seasonal food traditions appears regularly on the Edible Indy website.
Currently, Maddy attends DePaul University as a graduate student in the Writing, Rhetoric, and Discourse program. As an undergraduate, she was inducted into the Pi Epsilon Pi National Writing Honors Society. She also served as a peer writing tutor, writing groups facilitator, and research team member in the university’s writing center. Maddy now continues her studies at DePaul to pursue a graduate degree, which she expects to complete in June 2020. In the upcoming academic year, she will work as a Graduate Assistant in her department and present research projects at the Writing Program Administrators Conference and International Writing Center Association Conference.
108 Articles by this Author
- The city of Elgin, Illinois is located about 35 miles northwest of downtown Chicago. Active adults looking for homes for sale in the area have three 55+ communities to consider. Here are the age-restricted communities in Elgin that put residents within easy reach of everything the city has to offer.
- Snowbirds are seasonal travelers who migrate south to warmer climates for the winter. We surveyed 1,099 active adults across the country to see how many people frequently snowbird south, and for those who do, whether the coronavirus pandemic has impacted their plans for snowbirding this winter.
- In Northern Illinois, retirees can find active adult communities with abundant lifestyle options and plenty of amenities, including indoor pools. Keep reading to review six 55+ communities near Chicago with indoor pools, organized from largest to smallest.
- For the first time, active adults who want to find a new home in Westfield, Indiana have an age-restricted community to consider. A brand new community called Osborne Trails earns the distinction as the first 55+ community under development in Westfield.
- Whether you're an experienced snowbird or brand new to the lifestyle, winterizing your primary residence is crucial before beginning your snowbirding journey. Active adult homeowners who winterize their homes can ensure that, when spring comes around, they return to their primary residence to find it in good shape.