55places Contributor LinkedIn
Maddy Crozier is a freelance writer and editor based in Chicago, Illinois. She covers the Northern Illinois region as well as news, trends, and lifestyle content for 55places.com. She has written about...
Maddy Crozier is a freelance writer and editor based in Chicago, Illinois. She covers the Northern Illinois region as well as news, trends, and lifestyle content for 55places.com. She has written about the most popular, best-selling, and best up-and-coming active adult communities as well as topics on downsizing, affordability, and retirement trends. Maddy previously worked as a Content Intern at 55places.com where she assisted the Content and Marketing team with drafting newsletters, researching active adult communities, writing blog posts, and doing community outreach. An Indianapolis native, she also writes for Edible Indy, a digital and print magazine about the sustainable food movement. Her writing on local food initiatives and seasonal food traditions appears regularly on the Edible Indy website.
Currently, Maddy attends DePaul University as a graduate student in the Writing, Rhetoric, and Discourse program. As an undergraduate, she was inducted into the Pi Epsilon Pi National Writing Honors Society. She also served as a peer writing tutor, writing groups facilitator, and research team member in the university’s writing center. Maddy now continues her studies at DePaul to pursue a graduate degree, which she expects to complete in June 2020. In the upcoming academic year, she will work as a Graduate Assistant in her department and present research projects at the Writing Program Administrators Conference and International Writing Center Association Conference.
94 Articles by this Author
- During retirement, active adults can pursue their favorite pastimes and explore new activities. There are plenty of hobbies for seniors that allow you to learn new skills, expand your knowledge, and fully enjoy your leisure time. As you browse our ultimate guide to hobbies, we hope you feel inspired to try something new.
- With more than 50 active adult communities across the country, the Del Webb brand is one of the most prolific and trusted active adult community builders in the nation. As a division of Pulte Homes, Del Webb has set itself apart as a developer known for resort-style communities, active lifestyles, and luxury floor plans.
- Even if you're extremely excited about moving to a 55+ community, you might also be a little nervous. Luckily, there are plenty of steps along the way that you can take to make the transition as easy as possible. Let's explore some of the ways you can prepare to make the transition from your family home to a 55+ community.
- News outlets regularly share the latest government announcements, updated pandemic statistics, and stories about how communities are coming together to build solidarity during this crisis. However, coronavirus misinformation abounds, and it can be hard to separate truth from falsehood.
- When it comes to COVID-19 and the real estate market, the situation continues to unfold and impact sellers, buyers, and agents in changing ways. However, due to life circumstances and exceptional opportunities, buyers may find themselves ready to move forward and buy their next home despite the virus.