55places Contributor LinkedIn
Maddy Crozier is a freelance writer and editor based in Chicago, Illinois. She covers the Northern Illinois region as well as news, trends, and lifestyle content for 55places.com. She has written about...
Maddy Crozier is a freelance writer and editor based in Chicago, Illinois. She covers the Northern Illinois region as well as news, trends, and lifestyle content for 55places.com. She has written about the most popular, best-selling, and best up-and-coming active adult communities as well as topics on downsizing, affordability, and retirement trends. Maddy previously worked as a Content Intern at 55places.com where she assisted the Content and Marketing team with drafting newsletters, researching active adult communities, writing blog posts, and doing community outreach. An Indianapolis native, she also writes for Edible Indy, a digital and print magazine about the sustainable food movement. Her writing on local food initiatives and seasonal food traditions appears regularly on the Edible Indy website.
Currently, Maddy attends DePaul University as a graduate student in the Writing, Rhetoric, and Discourse program. As an undergraduate, she was inducted into the Pi Epsilon Pi National Writing Honors Society. She also served as a peer writing tutor, writing groups facilitator, and research team member in the university’s writing center. Maddy now continues her studies at DePaul to pursue a graduate degree, which she expects to complete in June 2020. In the upcoming academic year, she will work as a Graduate Assistant in her department and present research projects at the Writing Program Administrators Conference and International Writing Center Association Conference.
71 Articles by this Author
- At 55+ communities with woodworking shops, novices and experts alike can pursue a new hobby, hone their skills, and collaborate with like-minded neighbors. In Northern Illinois, three of the most popular 55+ communities feature woodworking shops. Keep reading to learn more about these communities.
- This list mainly features new construction communities, but there are three resale communities to explore. These active adult communities span seven states: Arizona, California, Georgia, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Tennessee. Keep reading to discover the active adult communities we added to 55places.com.
- Active adult communities with ceramics studios allow residents to enjoy ceramics with their neighbors without having to travel far from home, and these studios come equipped with all of the necessary tools and materials. Keep reading to discover the seven active adult communities in Northern Illinois with ceramics studios.
- Each month at 55places.com, we examine monthly sales data in order to see which communities sell the best at any given point throughout the year. Since December represents the end of another year, it offers an ideal opportunity to reflect on the best-selling communities at the end of 2019.
- Northern Illinois active adults who want to enjoy the best that a Naperville retirement has to offer can check out Carillon Club. The world-class amenities, lifestyle activities, and variety of floor plans make Carillon Club an impressive option for Northern Illinois retirees.