Content Intern LinkedIn
Maddy Crozier is a freelance writer and editor based in Chicago, Illinois. She covers the Northern Illinois region as well as news, trends, and lifestyle content for 55places.com. She has written about...
Maddy Crozier is a freelance writer and editor based in Chicago, Illinois. She covers the Northern Illinois region as well as news, trends, and lifestyle content for 55places.com. She has written about the most popular, best-selling, and best up-and-coming active adult communities as well as topics on downsizing, affordability, and retirement trends. Maddy previously worked as a Content Intern at 55places.com where she assisted the Content and Marketing team with drafting newsletters, researching active adult communities, writing blog posts, and doing community outreach. An Indianapolis native, she also writes for Edible Indy, a digital and print magazine about the sustainable food movement. Her writing on local food initiatives and seasonal food traditions appears regularly on the Edible Indy website.
Currently, Maddy attends DePaul University as a graduate student in the Writing, Rhetoric, and Discourse program. As an undergraduate, she was inducted into the Pi Epsilon Pi National Writing Honors Society. She also served as a peer writing tutor, writing groups facilitator, and research team member in the university’s writing center. Maddy now continues her studies at DePaul to pursue a graduate degree, which she expects to complete in June 2020. In the upcoming academic year, she will work as a Graduate Assistant in her department and present research projects at the Writing Program Administrators Conference and International Writing Center Association Conference.
27 Articles by this Author
- When planning for retirement, one of the most important factors for many active adults is the availability and accessibility of high-quality health care. Whether retiring in their home state or across the country, most homebuyers seek nearby hospitals and medical centers that provide superior senior health care.
- Without exterior home maintenance, lawn care, or snow removal to worry about, condo homeowners have much less stress and much more free time. Across Northern Illinois, a selection of 55+ communities include condominium homes as well as amenities, activities, and close proximity to Chicago.
- Northern Illinois residents know that they don't have to live in Chicago to enjoy everything the city has to offer. Although the suburbs feature dozens of 55+ active adult communities, there are also neighborhoods without age restrictions that still offer some of the most desirable features of age-restricted developments.
- At 55places.com, we always take a look at monthly sales to figure out which communities sell the best at any given point throughout the year. With summer in full swing, it's time to see which active adult communities sold the best in June.
- The city of Elgin, Illinois is located about 35 miles northwest of downtown Chicago. Active adults looking for homes for sale in the area have three 55+ communities to consider. Here are the age-restricted communities of Elgin that put residents within easy reach of everything the city has to offer.