55places Contributor LinkedIn
Maddy Crozier is a freelance writer and editor based in Chicago, Illinois. She covers the Northern Illinois region as well as news, trends, and lifestyle content for 55places.com. She has written about...
Maddy Crozier is a freelance writer and editor based in Chicago, Illinois. She covers the Northern Illinois region as well as news, trends, and lifestyle content for 55places.com. She has written about the most popular, best-selling, and best up-and-coming active adult communities as well as topics on downsizing, affordability, and retirement trends. Maddy previously worked as a Content Intern at 55places.com where she assisted the Content and Marketing team with drafting newsletters, researching active adult communities, writing blog posts, and doing community outreach. An Indianapolis native, she also writes for Edible Indy, a digital and print magazine about the sustainable food movement. Her writing on local food initiatives and seasonal food traditions appears regularly on the Edible Indy website.
Currently, Maddy attends DePaul University as a graduate student in the Writing, Rhetoric, and Discourse program. As an undergraduate, she was inducted into the Pi Epsilon Pi National Writing Honors Society. She also served as a peer writing tutor, writing groups facilitator, and research team member in the university’s writing center. Maddy now continues her studies at DePaul to pursue a graduate degree, which she expects to complete in June 2020. In the upcoming academic year, she will work as a Graduate Assistant in her department and present research projects at the Writing Program Administrators Conference and International Writing Center Association Conference.
57 Articles by this Author
- The following list mainly consists of new communities that recently broke ground as well as some highly anticipated communities slated for next year. There are also some well-established developments to explore. Keep reading to browse the active adult communities added to 55places.com in October.
- In Northern Illinois, retirees can find active adult communities with abundant lifestyle options and plenty of amenities, including indoor pools. Keep reading to review six 55+ communities near Chicago with indoor pools, organized from largest to smallest.
- Every month at 55places.com, we analyze monthly sales as a way to determine which communities sell the best at any given point throughout the year. Now that it's the beginning of a new month, it's time to review the best-selling active adult communities of October.
- While the Northern Illinois area provides a diverse range of active adult communities, less than half of them offer new construction homes for sale. But that still creates a diverse selection of age-restricted communities with new homes that active adults who want to retire in Illinois can explore.
- In addition to everything you need to know about retiring in Illinois, it's also valuable to take a closer look at different lifestyles available in the state. This includes an overview of the three distinct regions in the state followed by some of the specific outdoor recreation and cultural attractions that residents can enjoy. Here's what it's like to live in Illinois.