55places Contributor LinkedIn
Maddy Crozier is a freelance writer and editor based in Chicago, Illinois. She covers the Northern Illinois region as well as news, trends, and lifestyle content for 55places.com. She has written about...
Maddy Crozier is a freelance writer and editor based in Chicago, Illinois. She covers the Northern Illinois region as well as news, trends, and lifestyle content for 55places.com. She has written about the most popular, best-selling, and best up-and-coming active adult communities as well as topics on downsizing, affordability, and retirement trends. Maddy previously worked as a Content Intern at 55places.com where she assisted the Content and Marketing team with drafting newsletters, researching active adult communities, writing blog posts, and doing community outreach. An Indianapolis native, she also writes for Edible Indy, a digital and print magazine about the sustainable food movement. Her writing on local food initiatives and seasonal food traditions appears regularly on the Edible Indy website.
Currently, Maddy attends DePaul University as a graduate student in the Writing, Rhetoric, and Discourse program. As an undergraduate, she was inducted into the Pi Epsilon Pi National Writing Honors Society. She also served as a peer writing tutor, writing groups facilitator, and research team member in the university’s writing center. Maddy now continues her studies at DePaul to pursue a graduate degree, which she expects to complete in June 2020. In the upcoming academic year, she will work as a Graduate Assistant in her department and present research projects at the Writing Program Administrators Conference and International Writing Center Association Conference.
43 Articles by this Author
- Whether retirees want to live in an active adult community with the largest clubhouse in the area or near a lake, homebuyers can find it within their budget. These five active adult communities in Northern Illinois offer homes for sale under $200,000.
- We've previously shared everything you need to know about The Villages, and we also dispelled any myths or rumors while keeping readers up-to-date on the community's latest developments. But since The Villages may not be right for every retiree, we also researched similar communities across the country.
- When deciding where to retire in Northern Illinois, it helps to look at the area's best-selling and most popular active adult communities. Many potential homebuyers also take a closer look at the state's two largest 55+ communities: Sun City Huntley in Huntley and Carillon in Plainfield.
- The active adult communities in the Joliet area allow retirees to live near family while enjoying an active social and physical lifestyle. With five communities in Joliet and nearby Crest Hill, Lockport, and Romeoville, potential homebuyers have several options to choose from.
- Here are the best-selling 55+ communities of August 2019. Every month at 55places.com, we review monthly sales to determine which communities sell the best at any given point throughout the year. Now that we’ve passed Labor Day, it’s time to discover the best-selling active adult communities of August. After reviewing sales made...