Editorial Manager LinkedIn
Mayra, a native of the south side of Chicago, is a staff writer for Neighborhoods.com and 55places.com. During her time as a 55places.com writer, she traveled to several active adult communities in...
Mayra, a native of the south side of Chicago, is a staff writer for Neighborhoods.com and 55places.com. During her time as a 55places.com writer, she traveled to several active adult communities in Florida where she gained extensive knowledge and insight about the 55+ communities, amenities, and active adult lifestyles.
Before joining the team, she was a quality assurance editor at Groupon. She is also a freelance writer for online educational websites and print trade publications as well as a blogger who wrote articles about her experiences as an urban Latina for independent nonprofit organizations.
665 Articles by this Author
- With more retirees wanting to remain active during retirement, they're seeking communities that offer a walkable environment that will fit their lifestyle. If you love to shop and you want to be within walking distance of incredible amenities, check out these 55+ communities in Florida with on-site shopping.
- Northern California's unique landscape also provides a variety of prime locations where these age-restricted communities can enjoy urban areas with modern amenities or tranquil, small-town settings. Here are five affordable active adult communities in Northern California.
- Although Florida is a popular retirement destination, retirees searching for a more tranquil and cozier coastal environment should check out Vero Beach in Florida's Treasure Coast. Vero Beach appeals to many retirees because of its tropical climate and laid-back lifestyle.
- Known for its sunny and warm climate, scenic mountains, urban attractions and entertainment, and miles of sandy beaches along the Pacific Ocean, Southern California is often seen as a retirement paradise for active adults. See the full list of low-priced communities in Southern California.
- Pennsylvania is considered one of the most retirement-friendly states in the country. With so many benefits for retirees combined with a great selection of affordable age-restricted communities, it's no wonder active adults flock to the Keystone State. Check out the top lowest-priced communities in Pennsylvania.