Editorial Manager LinkedIn
Mayra, a native of the south side of Chicago, is a staff writer for Neighborhoods.com and 55places.com. During her time as a 55places.com writer, she traveled to several active adult communities in...
Mayra, a native of the south side of Chicago, is a staff writer for Neighborhoods.com and 55places.com. During her time as a 55places.com writer, she traveled to several active adult communities in Florida where she gained extensive knowledge and insight about the 55+ communities, amenities, and active adult lifestyles.
Before joining the team, she was a quality assurance editor at Groupon. She is also a freelance writer for online educational websites and print trade publications as well as a blogger who wrote articles about her experiences as an urban Latina for independent nonprofit organizations.
665 Articles by this Author
- Builder Lennar Homes plans to build 142 single-family homes in their new Chicagoland community upon completion. Andare at Glenloch will offer homebuyers innovative and energy-efficient home designs with charming amenities that promote an active and social lifestyle.
- Lennar won a total of nine awards at the 31st Annual Sales and Marketing Gala, one of which was for its active adult community in Barnegat, NJ. Visit 55places.com to read about this homebuilding award and active adult community in New Jersey.
- Opened in 1996, this 55+ community will host a total of 3,000 homes at build out. Ideally situated in the Bay Area, residents are within close proximity to urban attractions found in San Francisco and Sacramento, yet enjoy a tranquil environment surrounded by natural beauty closer to home.
- Prospective homebuyers looking for innovative home designs should visit The Villages at Two Rivers in Odenton, Maryland. This active adult community will host a festive model home tour event on Saturday, May 5 from 1 to 3pm.
- Albuquerque, NM is full of rich culture and beauty, not to mention 55+ communities perfect for the active lifestyle. Albuquerque is the largest city in New Mexico and is popular for its beautiful desert landscape and rich multicultural history. It is also home to the famous International Balloon Fiesta, the world’s largest hot air...