Contributing Writer LinkedIn
Mike Gerrard writes about Arizona active adult communities for 55places.com. British-born, he has lived in a 55+ community in Southern Arizona with his American wife since 2005. He has been a full-time...
Mike Gerrard writes about Arizona active adult communities for 55places.com. British-born, he has lived in a 55+ community in Southern Arizona with his American wife since 2005. He has been a full-time freelance writer for about thirty years, and his first job after moving to Arizona was to write a piece about Arizona property values for The Times of London. He has won several awards for his work, writing about travel, drinks, property, music, and other topics for companies including American Express, National Geographic, Microsoft, Google, the BBC, AAA, The Huffington Post, and many more.
Mike has also written over 40 guidebooks, one podcast, three radio plays for the BBC, a collection of travel writing, and a crime novel. He currently lives in Green Valley, Arizona, midway between Tucson and the Mexican border.
101 Articles by this Author
- Prescott is an appealing choice for many active adults. The city is at an elevation of just over 5,300 feet, making summers a little cooler than further south around Phoenix and Tucson. For those who prefer a gated community, there are five popular gated communities in the Prescott area of Arizona.
- Trilogy at Wickenburg Ranch is located a few miles outside the small town of Wickenburg in Arizona. It's a community for active adults who prefer the small-town life. This gated community with 2,000 homes has no age restrictions and stands surrounded by Arizona's rugged desert landscape with mountains on the horizons.
- La Cholla Hills is a small community of 389 attached and single-family homes for the 55+ active adult. It's a 20-minute drive north of Downtown Tucson on the edge of Oro Valley, making it a community for those who want city conveniences without actually living in the city.
- What is it like to live in a lifestyle community like Trilogy at Wickenburg Ranch? To provide interested homebuyers with a better idea of what it's like to live in Trilogy at Wickenburg Ranch, we spoke with two residents who have lived there for the last few years. We also spoke with the Wickenburg Ranch Lifestyle Director.
- Trilogy at Wickenburg Ranch has announced two new home models as well as their recently-opened Ranch House. About a 10-minute drive northwest of the small town of Wickenburg, Trilogy at Wickenburg Ranch is a gated active adult community with 2,000 single-family homes and no age restriction.