Contributing Writer LinkedIn
Mike Gerrard writes about Arizona active adult communities for 55places.com. British-born, he has lived in a 55+ community in Southern Arizona with his American wife since 2005. He has been a full-time...
Mike Gerrard writes about Arizona active adult communities for 55places.com. British-born, he has lived in a 55+ community in Southern Arizona with his American wife since 2005. He has been a full-time freelance writer for about thirty years, and his first job after moving to Arizona was to write a piece about Arizona property values for The Times of London. He has won several awards for his work, writing about travel, drinks, property, music, and other topics for companies including American Express, National Geographic, Microsoft, Google, the BBC, AAA, The Huffington Post, and many more.
Mike has also written over 40 guidebooks, one podcast, three radio plays for the BBC, a collection of travel writing, and a crime novel. He currently lives in Green Valley, Arizona, midway between Tucson and the Mexican border.
111 Articles by this Author
- There are 18 Del Webb communities in Arizona, which can make it hard to choose if you're a Del Webb fan. Del Webb communities can be found throughout Northern Arizona, Central Arizona around Phoenix, and in Southern Arizona near Tucson. Here's our overview of each Del Webb community in AZ.
- Gated communities are popular among many active adult homebuyers for the added measure of security that they give, and Scottsdale, Arizona is a popular choice for people seeking an active adult or lifestyle community. Here are three of the city's popular gated communities.
- Moving into a lifestyle or active adult community is when many people finally have the opportunity to turn their pastime into a passion. If you're moving to Arizona and you're keen on photography, there are a number of communities that have dedicated photography studios and photography clubs.
- Chandler is one of the cities which makes up the Phoenix Metropolitan Area. However, it has less of a big-city feel with the unspoiled desert land of the Gila River Indian Community at its southern border. Chandler offers a choice of 55+ active adult communities of various sizes and price ranges.
- It's not always convenient to hop in the car when you're feeling a little homesick for California. In Arizona, there are a few other cures, especially if you're a sports fan from Los Angeles, San Francisco, or Oakland. You can also enjoy some California fast-food chains.