Contributing Writer LinkedIn
Mike Gerrard writes about Arizona active adult communities for 55places.com. British-born, he has lived in a 55+ community in Southern Arizona with his American wife since 2005. He has been a full-time...
Mike Gerrard writes about Arizona active adult communities for 55places.com. British-born, he has lived in a 55+ community in Southern Arizona with his American wife since 2005. He has been a full-time freelance writer for about thirty years, and his first job after moving to Arizona was to write a piece about Arizona property values for The Times of London. He has won several awards for his work, writing about travel, drinks, property, music, and other topics for companies including American Express, National Geographic, Microsoft, Google, the BBC, AAA, The Huffington Post, and many more.
Mike has also written over 40 guidebooks, one podcast, three radio plays for the BBC, a collection of travel writing, and a crime novel. He currently lives in Green Valley, Arizona, midway between Tucson and the Mexican border.
67 Articles by this Author
- Many communities in Green Valley, Arizona belong to Green Valley Recreation (GVR), and if you want an attached home, you have a choice of active adult communities. GVR is a unique body in that it isn't a community itself but an umbrella organization to which many Green Valley communities, and individual homeowners, belong.
- In Southern Arizona, the active adult with $300k to spend has a variety of options when it comes to homebuying. The two main decisions to make are whether you want to live in a large or a small community and whether you want to live nearer to the desert and mountains or closer to the amenities of Tucson.
- For active adults who enjoy the added security of a gated community, there are a few dozen options in Southern Arizona. There are several large gated communities, but here, we concentrate on some of the smaller and more intimate gated communities across Southern Arizona.
- What can you buy in the Phoenix area if you're an active adult with $300k to spend? Quite a lot, actually. There are a few dozen active adult communities with homes for sale at $300k and under. Buyers will have to decide whether they want a large community of several thousand homes or a smaller one of just a few hundred.
- If you're looking for a new construction home in Arizona, there are several Southern Arizona communities with new homes currently for sale. They range from active adult communities of a few thousand homes down to communities of just a few hundred homes, with options available in and around Tucson and Green Valley.