Contributing Writer LinkedIn
Mike Gerrard writes about Arizona active adult communities for 55places.com. British-born, he has lived in a 55+ community in Southern Arizona with his American wife since 2005. He has been a full-time...
Mike Gerrard writes about Arizona active adult communities for 55places.com. British-born, he has lived in a 55+ community in Southern Arizona with his American wife since 2005. He has been a full-time freelance writer for about thirty years, and his first job after moving to Arizona was to write a piece about Arizona property values for The Times of London. He has won several awards for his work, writing about travel, drinks, property, music, and other topics for companies including American Express, National Geographic, Microsoft, Google, the BBC, AAA, The Huffington Post, and many more.
Mike has also written over 40 guidebooks, one podcast, three radio plays for the BBC, a collection of travel writing, and a crime novel. He currently lives in Green Valley, Arizona, midway between Tucson and the Mexican border.
83 Articles by this Author
- If you're on a budget and you're looking for an active adult retirement in Southern Arizona, there are over a dozen communities in the Tucson area with homes for sale under $300k. Most of the best options with the widest choice of homes are in the rural areas north of Tucson, such as Oro Valley, Oracle, and Marana.
- Trilogy at Wickenburg Ranch is located a few miles outside the small town of Wickenburg in Arizona. It's a community for active adults who prefer the rural life. This gated community with 2,000 homes has no age restrictions and stands surrounded by Arizona's rugged desert landscape with mountains on the horizons.
- Arizona remains as popular as ever as a retirement destination for active adults. The first active adult community, after all, was Sun City. The state's warm climate is a big part of its attraction, as are the tax advantages for retirees. Here is a list of the best-selling Arizona communities in 2019.
- If you've decided to retire to Arizona, there's a wide range of active adult communities to choose from. Many of them offer similar amenities, but there are differences to take into account. The two communities of Sun City Festival and Victory at Verrado have several things in common, but what are their differences?
- Mesa, with a population of half a million, is the third-largest city in Arizona after Phoenix and Tucson. There are more 55+ and active adult communities in Mesa than in the cities around Phoenix. With a budget of $250k, there are several communities to choose from.