Contributing Writer LinkedIn
Mike Gerrard writes about Arizona active adult communities for 55places.com. British-born, he has lived in a 55+ community in Southern Arizona with his American wife since 2005. He has been a full-time freel
Mike Gerrard writes about Arizona active adult communities for 55places.com. British-born, he has lived in a 55+ community in Southern Arizona with his American wife since 2005. He has been a full-time freelance writer for about thirty years, and his first job after moving to Arizona was to write a piece about Arizona property values for The Times of London. He has won several awards for his work, writing about travel, drinks, property, music, and other topics for companies including American Express, National Geographic, Microsoft, Google, the BBC, AAA, The Huffington Post, and many more.
Mike has also written over 40 guidebooks, one podcast, three radio plays for the BBC, a collection of travel writing, and a crime novel. He currently lives in Green Valley, Arizona, midway between Tucson and the Mexican border.
18 Articles by this Author
- A list of the best-selling communities in Arizona is helpful to a potential buyer, showing where people have chosen to live once they have done their research. Here's the most popular on 55places from April 2018 to April 2019.
- So what kind of retirement community can the active adult expect to find with $250k to spend in Northern Arizona? The best options are all in or near Prescott. That means active adults get stunning views, a mild climate, and plenty of history and quaint downtowns to explore.
- One factor to take into account when downsizing to Tucson in Southern Arizona is just how much to downsize. Those things which make it an attractive place to retire to also make it an attractive place for family and friends to want to visit. Here's where to have it all.
- Communities for the 55+ active adult in Chandler, Arizona tend to be on the more expensive side, but some of the best lowest-priced communities do offer homes in the $100s and low $200s. Living here means being right next to the city as well as right next to stunning desertscapes.
- Tucson is a popular 45+ and 55+ active adult destination for retirees in Arizona and some of its most affordable retirement communities have homes available to buy for under $200,000.