Riley Ubban worked as a Neighborhoods Manager and Editor for 55places.com and Neighborhoods.com, where he also contributed to both site's blogs. Before joining Neighborhoods.com, Riley served with AmeriCorps
Riley Ubban worked as a Neighborhoods Manager and Editor for 55places.com and Neighborhoods.com, where he also contributed to both site's blogs. Before joining Neighborhoods.com, Riley served with AmeriCorps VISTA as a data coordinator at a housing facility in Chicago and as a volunteer with the Appalachian Forest Heritage Area in West Virginia. He has also written his fair share of music news for Paste and The Daily Iowan in addition to a collection of meditations and profiles that were published on his blog.
38 Articles by this Author
- With new amenities, new homes, and recent renovations, Canal Walk in Somerset, New Jersey is starting off strong in 2018. The main clubhouse received some interior updates last year, including new carpeting in communal areas, new marble tile in the foyer, and new stage lighting and an upgraded sound system for the ballroom. Added amenities include an indoor shuffleboard table in the billiards room as well as two outdoor shuffleboard courts. The homeowners’ association also bought new patio furniture for the outdoor pools at both of the community’s clubhouses, refurbished the putting green, bocce ball courts, and horseshoe pits, and plans to complete open pickleball courts this spring.
- Ovation at Meridian is on its way to changing the way people think about retirement in Queen Creek, Arizona. William Lyon Homes broke ground on this 55+ community last November, promising an enticing atmosphere with creatively landscaped open spaces, a beautiful recreation center, and uniquely designed single-story homes. The development will add 780 homes to the master-planned community Meridian, which embraces the history of Queen Creek with an emphasis on natural space.
- Another year has come to a close. In 2017, the real estate world saw the opening of Jimmy Buffett’s Latitude Margaritaville, a surge of interest in the Carolinas, and the ever-popular The Villages in Florida topping several lists. To commemorate the year, we’ve compiled the most popular articles we published in 2017. These blog posts received the most unique pageviews last year – revisit any that caught your attention or catch up on any that you missed.
- You don’t have to go over budget to get a piece of the action in Southeast Florida. The area’s sunny beaches, fantastic amenities, and impressive golf courses are within most homebuyer’s reach. Check out these active adult communities with attractive price points in one of the country's hottest real estate markets.
- William Lyon Homes recently broke ground on a new active adult community within the master-planned community of Meridian in Queen Creek, Arizona. Ovation at Meridian will include three distinct neighborhoods with 780 single-family homes once complete. Homeowners will have access to all of the amenities at Meridian as well as a recreation center built specifically for the 55+ community.