Contributing Writer LinkedIn
Susan Quilty wrote about active adult communities and 55+ lfestyle trends for 55places.com from 2009 to 2015. Susan also wrote extensively on active adult community overviews and regional overviews. Her...
Susan Quilty wrote about active adult communities and 55+ lfestyle trends for 55places.com from 2009 to 2015. Susan also wrote extensively on active adult community overviews and regional overviews. Her writing on real estate, personal finance, and lifestyle has also appeared on WebMD, San Francisco Magazine, The Washington Post, and Hannaford Fresh Magazine. Beyond writing, Susan is a registered yoga teacher who has practiced yoga for over ten years. She is also the author of two novels, "The Insistence of Memory" and "To the Left of Death," with a new novel coming soon.
908 Articles by this Author
- Derived from the French term "crochet," meaning "small hook," this popular form of crafting involves using a crochet hook to weave together interlocking loops of yarn, thread, or other materials. Today, people of all ages are rediscovering the joy of crochet.
- Many fitness-minded active adults constantly look for ways to stay active and healthy, including safe, low-impact exercises. While jogging seems to be a popular way to stay fit, it can damage joints. Here are six great exercises to replace jogging for active adults.
- Every winter, snowbirds flock from colder northern climates to warmer southern regions. While many of these retirees come from the northern United States, some of them hail from neighboring Canada. Though Canadian snowbirds share much in common with their American counterparts, crossing the border brings additional concerns.
- Set in San Antonio, Texas, Roseheart is a smaller, more intimate active adult community which welcomes residents of all ages. This charming development includes just 244 single-family homes, yet it also offers a well-equipped clubhouse and a prime location near many local attractions.
- Set in Central New Jersey, in Middlesex County, Rossmoor Village welcomes active adults aged 55 or better, offering a wide array of amenities, including a 30,000 square-foot clubhouse and an 18-hole championship golf course.