Category: Active Adult Living on a Budget
- Moving to a maintenance-free active adult community can give you more time to enjoy your favorite pursuits. It may also save you money when you compare your monthly HOA fees to the various services you can cancel and items you won't need to buy. While the amenities and included maintenance vary from one community to the next, here are some things you may not need if you move to an active adult community.
- Relocating during retirement means more than finding a sunny retreat with great weather and plenty of recreations. Finding a destination with a lower cost of living will help you stretch your savings and make it easier to afford travel or favorite pastimes. But how do you find an affordable retirement destination?
- With beautiful grounds and resort-style amenities, active adult communities may offer a retirement that feels more like a vacation. Yet buying a home in an amenity-rich development doesn't have to break the bank. Here are ten active adult communities where you can find homes for less than $100,000.
- Cleaning out your closet is a great way to get rid of clutter, but it can also be a way to make some extra spending money or save on future purchases. While you aren't likely to recoup your entire purchase price, many gently-used items can be resold either online or in person. Instead of selling, you may also be able to save by trading items with friends or donating them to a charitable organization.
- While many active adult communities do have age restrictions, you don't have to wait until you're 55 to enjoy resort-style living. Age-targeted communities throughout the country offer fabulous amenities and diverse social activities for residents of all ages. Yet, despite their impressive amenities, many of these developments still offer affordable homes in a wide range of styles and sizes.
- As one of the top retirement destinations in the country, Arizona has a wide variety of active adult communities. These impressive developments often include homes in a range of sizes and prices to accommodate many different retirees. The team at 55 Places compiled the following list of the 10 most popular budget-friendly Arizona active adult communities based on visits to 55Places.com over the past year.
- Retiring on a budget doesn’t have to mean giving up the good life. By choosing an area with affordable housing and a low cost of living you can stretch your nest egg while still enjoying a great active adult lifestyle. Age-restricted communities with fabulous amenities are located throughout the country, and many of them can be found in budget-friendly areas.
- When it comes to finding a retirement destination, many active adults want fabulous amenities at value prices. Though it may take a bit of a compromise, there are ways to find great communities which provide plenty of resort-style amenities while still offering lower priced homes. These sought-after communities particularly appeal to savvy homebuyers who want to get the best bang for their investment bucks.
- Retirement is appealing because it gives you the freedom to slow down, relax and do whatever you want to do with your time. Of course, that freedom comes at a cost. Living on a fixed income means learning how to have the lifestyle you want on the money you already have.