Category: Active Adult Living on a Budget
- Dallas and Fort Worth have become popular places for active adults looking to purchase a home. Its warm weather, sprawling suburbs, and big city amenities mean there's always something going on. If you're considering retiring in The Lone Star State, take a look at these affordable communities.
- While Coastal Florida gets a lot of the attention, Central Florida offers just as much for active adults. Some of the state's most established and well-respected active adult communities are located in the state. Even better, several of them feature many affordable homes for sale.
- Living on a fixed income doesn’t mean you can’t spend money on remodeling. It only means you have to be more creative when you’re in the mood for a change. One of the least expensive rooms to remodel is your bathroom. Here are five ways to update your bathroom without breaking the bank.
- Have you thought about looking for a hobby to help occupy your free time? There are quite a few that have the ability to save you money around the house. Take a look at some of the options suggested here.
- Frugal shoppers unite! Saving money isn’t always easy but it’s worth it in the long run. It’s important to know when to eliminate unnecessary costs if you are living on a fixed income or working with a small budget like many retirees. Learning how to cut back on pricey items, reducing shopping splurges, and clipping coupons can help your pocket book grow. There are plenty of ways to cut back on expenses for everyday necessities that most people don’t realize. So how do you know if you are saving or spending on certain items? Well, start looking at your shopping list and do some research because the term “you get what you pay for” doesn’t always ring true when it comes to household products. Luckily, there are a ton of common household essentials that you can buy at reduced prices or use coupons for all the time. Check out our list of household items you should never pay full price for and watch your savings stack up.
- If you served in the military then chances are you can benefit from a huge selection of discounts in popular categories like restaurants, shopping, travel, recreation, apparel, and much more. Many companies show their support and appreciation for veterans by providing preferred pricing or low rates on goods and services. Veterans can take advantage of these special offers by showing their military identification or becoming a member of Veterans Advantage to get access to exclusive benefits and rewards from select companies. But remember, discounts and rates can vary from store to store so make sure you inquire about those details with the merchant. Check out this list where Veterans can get discounts so they can shop ‘til they drop while saving money too!
- If you're a Baby Boomer living on a fixed income, a little can go a long way. Here are five tips to help stretch your budget as far as it can go.
- Living in Florida is a dream for many active adult retirees, and moving to the Sunshine State doesn't have to break the bank. Here are ten fabulous active adult communities in Florida which offer resort-style amenities, as well as affordable homes that cost $150,000 or less.
- Planning your retirement lifestyle typically revolves around your fixed monthly income and how much you have saved for the future. You can often make the most of your retirement years by relocating to an affordable area; a place where your money will go the furthest. Fortunately, there are affordable options across the country.