Category: Active Adult Living on a Budget
- Whether you are already retired or planning to retire soon, you may be looking for ways to cut your expenses and make the most of your savings. Fortunately, there are many ways to save money just by getting older. Many senior benefits begin at age 50, and even more show up after you reach other milestone years like 55, 60 or 62. So how do you make the most of your senior discount?
- Moving to a maintenance-free active adult community can give you more time to enjoy your favorite pursuits. It may also save you money when you compare your monthly HOA fees to the various services you can cancel and items you won't need to buy. While the amenities and included maintenance vary from one community to the next, here are some things you may not need if you move to an active adult community.
- Relocating during retirement means more than finding a sunny retreat with great weather and plenty of recreations. Finding a destination with a lower cost of living will help you stretch your savings and make it easier to afford travel or favorite pastimes. But how do you find an affordable retirement destination?
- For the second year in a row 55 Places presents the 25 best value communities for retirement. Active adults in search of communities offering the ultimate package of resort-style amenities, a vibrant lifestyle and finely-crafted homes will enjoy a fabulous lifestyle at any of these exciting active adult communities.
- With beautiful grounds and resort-style amenities, active adult communities may offer a retirement that feels more like a vacation. Yet buying a home in an amenity-rich development doesn't have to break the bank. Here are ten active adult communities where you can find homes for less than $100,000.
- Resort-style living doesn't have to come with a high price tag when you settle in one of Florida's more affordable active adult communities. These impressive developments often feature amenity-rich clubhouses, beautiful grounds and challenging golf courses. Here are 10 communities, listed in no particular order, to start your search for the perfect Florida golf retirement destination.
- One great way to stretch your retirement savings is to restrain yourself from paying too much for a new home. Fortunately, budget-friendly homes are available in beautiful, resort-style communities throughout the country. Start your search by checking out the fabulous amenities and thoughtfully designed homes in these impressive developments.
- Cleaning out your closet is a great way to get rid of clutter, but it can also be a way to make some extra spending money or save on future purchases. While you aren't likely to recoup your entire purchase price, many gently-used items can be resold either online or in person. Instead of selling, you may also be able to save by trading items with friends or donating them to a charitable organization.
- While many active adult communities do have age restrictions, you don't have to wait until you're 55 to enjoy resort-style living. Age-targeted communities throughout the country offer fabulous amenities and diverse social activities for residents of all ages. Yet, despite their impressive amenities, many of these developments still offer affordable homes in a wide range of styles and sizes.
- If you want your retirement to feel like a vacation, but don't want to break the bank, Florida is a great spot to find affordable resort-style living. Here are ten great, budget-friendly, resort-style communities in Florida.