Category: City, State & Regional Reviews
- Palm Beach County is one of the largest and wealthiest counties in Florida. It's also one of the most desirable places to live for active adults. Wondering what to do locally? There's no shortage of beach activities, great restaurants, and must-see museums, but we narrow down the list to five things you'll want to make sure you do when you're here.
- July 4th is approaching and we at 55 Places wanted to highlight some of America's most treasured historical sights. Fortunately, many of these sites are located near 55+ communities. If you're a history buff looking for an active adult community, read on for more.
- Active adults are heading west, and that doesn't just mean to Arizona. The Las Vegas area has seen several 55+ communities pop up over the last decade. If you're considering the move, take a look at what to do in one of the area's most popular cities, Henderson.
- In a booming housing market, one of the most important trends is where people are moving. Many counties and metropolitan areas can claim to be a quickly growing region, but which ones are where most homeowners look to for a big move? It won’t surprise many that the fastest growing counties are located in the Sun Belt. Less surprising is that those same counties are even more popular in the 55-plus housing market. Here are the top fastest growing counties in the country according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
- New Jersey saw a strong 2017 in age-restricted community home sales. The state’s miles of beaches, expansive parks and forests, and proximity to New York City has made it a hotspot for Baby Boomers. Whether you’re a snowbird looking to downsize on your summer home or hoping to spend your retirement around family year-round there’s an active adult community for you in New Jersey. Below are the ten top-selling communities in New Jersey on 55places.com in 2017.
- The current trend in active adult communities is pointing towards many non-traditional retirement destinations that are growing, but not established. While that is happening, mainstays like Florida and Arizona remain the top sellers and most likely will for a while. According to 55places.com data, the usual suspects have remained in the top five states for 55-plus home sales. Visit 55places.com for more!
- Deciding when to retire might be just as important as where you decide to retire. Studies have shown that about 30 percent of non-retired adults don’t have enough money saved for retirement. But in order to live comfortably throughout your Golden Years, it’s safe to say that you’ll need enough funds to cover your cost of living as well as have some extra cash for unexpected expenses.
- February is upon us once again, which means the nation’s biggest sporting event is right around the corner. While watching the Philadelphia Eagles and New England Patriots this Sunday, you might be interested in more than just which team will take home the Lombardi Trophy -- like which team’s city would make a for a better retirement location.
- You don’t have to go over budget to get a piece of the action in Southeast Florida. The area’s sunny beaches, fantastic amenities, and impressive golf courses are within most homebuyer’s reach. Check out these active adult communities with attractive price points in one of the country's hottest real estate markets.