Category: Community Design
- Every Friday, 55places.com wants to open the floor and hear from our readers about the topics and issues that make up daily life in 55+ communities. This week we want to know what is the one amenity not currently included in your active adult community that you really want to see added?
- Recently, Two Rivers in Odenton, Maryland announced it would be welcoming homebuyers with no age restriction. This came as a shock to homeowners who were expecting to live in a 55+ community. Here's what you can do to make sure you don't buy into an age-restricted community that may change.
- In March, Shea Homes announced that they would be adding a 55+ neighborhood to Trilogy at Verde River. Now, they're asking homebuyers and potential residents to help them name the new neighborhood.
- Opened in 1996, this 55+ community will host a total of 3,000 homes at build out. Ideally situated in the Bay Area, residents are within close proximity to urban attractions found in San Francisco and Sacramento, yet enjoy a tranquil environment surrounded by natural beauty closer to home.
- Rossmoor is an award-winning 55+ community in Walnut Creek, California. This established active adult community is nationally recognized for its countless world-class amenities and natural beauty as well as its wide selection of reasonably priced homes in California’s Bay Area. Rossmoor is situated in the picturesque 1,800-acre Tice Valley area.
- Del Webb’s first age-restricted community in Wilmington will host a grand opening event for its new amenity center on Saturday, May 19 from 11am to 2pm. The celebration will include food, refreshments, and music for residents and guests to enjoy.
- Developed by national homebuilder Del Webb, Sun City active adult communities have been around since the original Sun City opened in 1960 in Sun City, Arizona. Sun City communities became famous for introducing the active lifestyle concept to retirees who want the most out of their Golden Years.
- Four Seasons at The Lakes of Cane Bay is a charming waterfront 55+ community in Summerville, South Carolina. Builder K. Hovnanian opened this age-restricted community in 2015 within the beautifully designed master-planned development of Cane Bay Plantation and plans to offer a total of 800 single-family homes upon completion. Active adult homebuyers looking for low-maintenance living and innovative home designs along with resort-style amenities and an exciting social atmosphere within a lakefront setting will love retiring in Four Seasons at The Lakes of Cane Bay.
- The Elms of Charleston is a beautiful 55+ community that provides retirees with low-maintenance living and resort-style amenities within a tranquil setting. This established active adult community in Charleston, South Carolina, also offers residents a rich lineup of activities and events as well as a prime location that has plenty of entertainment and attractions.
- Spring has sprung and for golf fans that can only mean one thing, the Masters. Whether you’ll be watching this year’s tournament from Augusta National Golf Club or listening to Jim Nantz on your couch, it’s likely you’ll be ready to hit 18 holes yourself. While you might want to play Augusta National’s famous and scenic fairways during retirement, finding a community near Augusta is tough. Fortunately, Georgia is home to several golf course communities that make the drive to Augusta easier, as well as providing a course closer to home.