Category: Community Design
- Atlanta-based builder Jim Chapman Communities unveiled a newly decorated villa model home earlier this month at its newest, gated active adult community - The Overlook at Old Atlanta in South Forsyth County. The Avery model, which offers 2,300 square feet of living space, is an attached villa that has three bedrooms, three bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage.
- Luxury condos combined with resort-inspired living is coming to Northern Texas this year. The Corvalla at Stonebriar is a three-story luxury development that will offer homebuyers single-story living, high-end finishes, and world-class amenities within the exclusive Stonebriar neighborhood in Frisco, Texas. Although there is no age-restriction, The Corvalla at Stonebriar will cater to empty nesters seeking a lock-and-leave community with low-maintenance living and resort-style amenities.
- Parrotheads eagerly waiting for the opening of Latitude Margaritaville Hilton Head won’t have to wait much longer. Minto Communities and Margaritaville Holdings just announced the sales center will open on Saturday, February 17th at 9am. The much-anticipated opening of this new 55+ community’s sales center will also include preview tours, live entertainment, refreshments, and much more.
- Active adults searching for a tranquil paradise just 40 miles of Phoenix will fall in love with Solera at Johnson Ranch. This established 55-plus community in Queen Creek, Arizona has world-class amenities and 727 single-family homes that are reasonably priced. Homebuyers will also love the community’s prime location that offers residents a quiet environment that is away from crowds and congestion while providing scenic views of the San Tan Mountains.
- As we move into January, long after the new years’ popping of champagne corks and as holiday decorations return to their boxes, it can be difficult to stay active during the short days and long nights of winter. This is doubly so in the northern parts of the country where heavy snows and bone-chilling temperatures can require a true act of bravery to get out of the house, whether for pleasure or simply shopping for groceries.
- At a time when you can get just about anything delivered to your doorstep, on-site retail is still a valued amenity in active adult communities. Many people enjoy perusing their favorite shops to find something unexpected or make sure they’re getting exactly what they want. Master-planned communities that set aside space for retail ensure that their residents never have to go far to purchase the things they need. Here are a few communities with great shopping districts.
- Del Webb never rests, and Grand Reserve in Grand Blanc, Michigan is another reason why they’re one of the best builders in the business. Construction started in 2006 on this 55-plus community and is still going with a goal of 479 homes. The community has several private amenities for residents, including a large clubhouse, indoor and outdoor pools, and acres of green space. There’s an active social scene at the community with all kinds of groups, events, clubs, and classes. Besides what’s offered within the community, residents have lots of recreational options in surrounding Grand Blanc.
- Waterbury, and its surrounding region in Western Connecticut often fly under the radar of 55+ homebuyers, especially those unfamiliar with the region as a whole. Whether you’re from the area or not, the region’s history, cultural attractions, and ideal location make this an appealing place to call home.
- Remington Pointe North Andare is one of the newest 55+ communities coming to Illinois this year. This charming active adult community will provide retirees with a close-knit setting as well as low-maintenance homes within a prime location in Lake County, which is just northwest of Chicago. Active adults will love the community’s tranquil environment along with its charming amenities and modern home designs.