Category: Community Design
- Atlanta-based builder Jim Chapman Communities unveiled a newly decorated villa model home earlier this month at its newest, gated active adult community - The Overlook at Old Atlanta in South Forsyth County. The Avery model, which offers 2,300 square feet of living space, is an attached villa that has three bedrooms, three bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage.
- Located in Sarasota, Florida, Hammock Preserve on Palmer Ranch is an active adult community that gives residents a truly impressive assortment of amenities and activities to enjoy. Developed by DiVosta, this gated community is the newest addition to Palmer Ranch, a master-planned community that spans over 7,500 acres.
- A popular trend among active adults isn’t just living in a 55-plus community, but also in a master-planned community. Master-planned communities include several planned neighborhoods as well city-like amenities, including shopping centers, hospitals, schools, and entertainment districts. One of the most popular master-planned communities in the country is Summerlin. Located on the western edge of Las Vegas, it has attracted those from across the country looking to live in the entertainment capital of the world.
- Active adult homebuyers in search of an age-restricted community should check out the new 55+ neighborhood coming to the Viridian master-planned development in Arlington, Texas. This new 55-plus neighborhood will be called Viridian Elements and will host approximately 500 homes spread across 141 acres. The first phase of construction will include 227 homes built on 47 acres. Builders will receive their homesites later this summer and are expected to release models in late 2018.
- Trumark Companies’ master-planned development division, Trumark Communities, announced the launch of its first age-qualified line of communities under the TruLiving brand. TruLiving will be a new model for age-qualified communities that will be designed with the concepts of WELL Building Standard and attract buyers in the 55+ market with an innovative way to live a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Luxury condos combined with resort-inspired living is coming to Northern Texas this year. The Corvalla at Stonebriar is a three-story luxury development that will offer homebuyers single-story living, high-end finishes, and world-class amenities within the exclusive Stonebriar neighborhood in Frisco, Texas. Although there is no age-restriction, The Corvalla at Stonebriar will cater to empty nesters seeking a lock-and-leave community with low-maintenance living and resort-style amenities.
- 2017 was a banner year for 55-plus home sales in New Jersey. According to internal data from 55places.com, New Jersey was the second highest-selling state in the country. Among the best-selling communities in New Jersey was Four Seasons at Smithville in Galloway. The 1,215-home community was the seventh highest-selling community in the state, according to 55places.com.
- The Charleston Area is on the verge of adding another 55-plus community in the form of Del Webb Nexton. Del Web Nexton will be a part of the massive master-planned community of Nexton, which is located in Summerville. Nexton will be spread across three separate villages, with Del Webb Nexton being the sole 55-plus section.
- Valencia Bonita, GL Homes’ newest 55+ community in Bonita Springs, Florida, offers prospective buyers a closer look at its beautifully decorated model homes. In order to give buyers a more realistic look into the homes and lifestyle that Valencia Bonita offers, GL Homes created a row of model homes called the “Street of Dreams” where the builder showcases 13 of its fully furnished homes to the public.
- Entrada at Snow Canyon Country Club is a country club community located in St. George, Utah. Built around a beautiful 18-hole championship golf course, and surrounded by scenic mountains and canyons, residents of this gated community are treated to luxurious amenities and breathtaking views.