Category: Home Design
- Every Friday, 55places.com wants to open the floor and hear from our readers about the topics and issues that make up daily life in 55+ communities. This week we want to know what kind of home you're most likely to consider? Single-family, attached, condo, or other?
- Louisiana Lieutenant Governor Billy Nungesser has named Lafayette, Lake Charles, Natchitoches, Ruston and Lincoln Parish, Toledo Bend and Sabine Parish, Shreveport-Bossier City, Houma and Terrebonne Parish, and Thibodaux as Louisiana Certified Retirement Communities, ideal for active adults.
- Tiny homes are a growing housing movement and no demographic has bought more tiny homes than active adults. They provide what 55-plus communities do, like downsizing and low maintenance, while also giving retirees freedom. Will a tiny home or an age-restricted community be best for you?
- Builder GL Homes recently released the new Napa model at Valencia Bay, a 55+ community in Boynton Beach, Florida. The Napa model, which is part of the Crown Collection, offers 3,176 square feet of living space and has four bedrooms, four-and-a-half bathrooms, and a split three-car garage. Prospective buyers can tour the decorated model at Valencia Bay to see first hand all of its impressive features and innovative designs.
- Tuscan Village won big at the 2018 55+ Best Housing Awards from the National Association of Homebuilders (NAHB). This 55+ community in Lakeway, Texas received gold and silver awards from four distinct categories. Tuscan Village won the gold award in the Best 55+ Landscape category and took home silver awards in the Best 55+ For Sale Community Over 200 Homes, Best 55+ Attached Home, and Best 55+ Lifestyle Director categories.
- Del Webb has been busy in Cypress Falls at The Woodlands in North Port, Florida. The builder plans to unveil to the public two of its decorated models at its grand opening event on Saturday, February 3. The event, which will be held between 1pm and 3pm, will showcase Del Webb’s two newest single-family home designs in this 55+ community. The grand opening celebration will include live music, refreshments, giveaways, and tours of the new home models. Prospective buyers interested in the new home designs will be able to make their dream home purchase starting on Monday, February 5.
- Prospective buyers looking for new, innovative home designs within an age-restricted community should check out The Villages at Two Rivers in Odenton, MD. Builder Winchester Homes has just unveiled its newest floor plan called Hanover. The Hanover is the largest floor plan from Winchester’s Craftsman Bungalow Series.
- Heritage El Dorado Hills, already one of the largest active adult communities in the Sacramento Area, is growing a little bit bigger in the coming months with the addition of the Reflections Collection to the east side of this remarkable neighborhood. The Reflections Collection will add 140 additional single-family homes to this popular active adult community.
- Kolter Homes’ newest North Carolina community is well under way with Cresswind Charlotte. This active adult community started construction in 2016 and will have 850 single-family homes upon completion. Cresswind Charlotte is spread across 370 acres of scenic woodlands, which will provide a beautiful backdrop to the community’s miles of walking trails. Besides its lovely natural setting, the community will feature several resort-style amenities, ranging from a clubhouse to a large event lawn. Between a number of interested homeowners and several lifestyle directors on site, there is sure to be an active social life as the community grows.
- Fall will soon come to a close and, depending on where your home is, you may be wondering if your patio will get any use until spring. With the right features, however, your outdoor space may not have to go into hibernation. Here are a few ideas to help prepare your patio for winter activity.