Category: Homebuilder & Industry News
- For over a decade now, GL Homes has been building Valencia 55+ communities throughout Florida. With 13 communities to choose from, active adults have long loved the brand for its modern amenities, active social scene, and modern homes. Let's take a closer look at what makes them so special.
- Trilogy at The Polo Club will be hosting a grand opening for seven new model homes on Saturday, June 16. Located in Indio, California, the community will be celebrating the Freedom Collection as it joins one of the most popular active lifestyle neighborhoods in the Palm Springs area.
- Minto Communities has announced the grand opening for Latitude Margaritaville Hilton Head in Hardeeville, South Carolina. Active adults will be able to tour nine model homes as well as the Lake Latitude Club in the 55+ Jimmy Buffett-inspired community.
- Darling Homes and Taylor Morrison will be teaming up to bring new model homes to two Houston area communities. Bonterra at Woodforest and Bonterra at Cross Creek Ranch will be home to seven new floor plans with construction to begin this spring.
- Del Sur Avanta will be San Diego's newest 55-plus community. Located in the Del Sur master-planned community, it will include 96 condominiums and resort-style amenities, adding yet another option to the active adult community choices in San Diego County.
- Cresswind Peachtree City in the Atlanta area has completed construction on their clubhouse, The Club at Peachtree. A grand opening event at the Peachtree City community will be held in May. The clubhouse will include a wide variety of indoor and outdoor resort-style amenities.
- New Jersey has the highest property taxes in the nation and new tax laws would increase that number even further. However, a new state law will allow homeowners to declare property taxes as charitable donations, helping active adult residents deduct them from their tax return.
- Cobb County continues to see a housing boom when it comes to 55+ communities in Georgia. There are already 64 active adult and active lifestyle communities throughout the Atlanta area and soon there will be one more thanks to Marietta-based developer Fortress Builders.
- Andare at Glenloch is one of the newest active adult communities coming to Chicagoland this year. Builder Lennar Homes broke ground last year and plans to build 142 single-family homes upon completion. Andare at Glenloch will offer homebuyers innovative and energy efficient home designs as well as charming amenities that promote an active and social lifestyle.