Category: Lifestyle, Social & Culture
- May is Older Americans Month and the 2018 theme is "Engage at Every Age." Since you're never too old to take part in enriching activities, here are five ways every active adult can maintain their mental and physical wellness.
- Gator By The Bay is a festival that specializes in blues & crawfish in the San Diego Area. Make sure to swing by this festival for some good food, dancing, and great memories.
- Robson Ranch in Denton, Texas will host the annual Quad States Senior Open Pickleball tournament on May 8-10. The tournament is sponsored by the USA Pickleball Association and the event is geared towards players aged 50 and better. More than 250 teams have entered the tournament and organizers are expected to host players from 17 different states.
- Tonto Verde is a premier 55+ community in Rio Verde, Arizona. This established 717-home community offers active adults quality homes built between 1992 and 2010 and are priced starting in the low $200s. Tonto Verde is a luxurious, gated community just northeast of Scottsdale that is also home to two nationally recognized 18-hole championship golf courses as well as impressive amenities and recreational facilities at its 26,000 square-foot clubhouse. This award winning, Santa Fe-style clubhouse features numerous social areas as well as spacious outdoor terraces where residents can enjoy scenic views of the surrounding lakes and mountain ranges.
- Homebuilder Shea Homes has found a way to meet the needs of retirees who are looking for new ways to enhance their social circles to foster new friendships. Read about a new mobile application for Trilogy communities that will encourage retirees to be more social.
- Residents of the new 55+ community in Peachtree City, Georgia have something to celebrate these days. Builder Kolter Homes recently announced earlier this month the grand opening of Cresswind Peachtree’s new clubhouse called The Club at Cresswind. A grand opening celebration is being planned for May.
- Spring has sprung and for golf fans that can only mean one thing, the Masters. Whether you’ll be watching this year’s tournament from Augusta National Golf Club or listening to Jim Nantz on your couch, it’s likely you’ll be ready to hit 18 holes yourself. While you might want to play Augusta National’s famous and scenic fairways during retirement, finding a community near Augusta is tough. Fortunately, Georgia is home to several golf course communities that make the drive to Augusta easier, as well as providing a course closer to home.
- Active adult homebuyers shopping for a new home within a 55+ community but unsure of their desired location will love the Discovery Days program offered in two of Florida’s popular 55-plus communities: Solivita in Kissimmee and Vitalia at Tradition in Port St. Lucie. The Discovery Days program provides prospective buyers with an opportunity to experience the exciting resort lifestyle in both active adult communities.
- There are many reasons to move into a 55-plus community. It could be downsizing, resort-style amenities at your fingertips, a low-maintenance lifestyle, and, many retirees, warmer weather. As we get closer to Valentine’s Day another perk of age-restricted communities becomes evident. That is the lifestyle opportunities provides by communities. Whether it’s crafting clubs, cooking classes, pickleball leagues, or large events, they all provide a great way to connect and network for singles.
- Football fans excited for this year’s Super Bowl showdown between the Philadelphia Eagles and New England Patriots can celebrate this special event right in their own 55+ community. Active adult communities across the country have a variety of social clubs, events, and activities tailored around Super Bowl Sunday that allow retirees to celebrate the big game in their own way and without having to travel to the U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, Minnesota.