Category: Top 10 Lists
- At 55places.com, we understand that the clubhouse is perhaps even more appealing than the homes or location of a community to some homebuyers. That’s why we sat down to decide which clubhouses have impressed us the most. Every year, we visit hundreds of active adult communities throughout the country and talk about which clubhouses impressed us the most. Here is a list of the clubhouses that made us stop in our tracks and say, “Wow!”
- Just because it’s cold and snowy outside doesn’t mean you can let Jack Frost get in the way of your daily routine. Staying active during the winter can be done easily if you take advantage of great amenities in your active adult community. There are multiple indoor and outdoor amenities that provide social spaces that will keep you healthy, active, and entertained. Even better, there are many that can even be enjoyed without having to step foot outdoors. But for those who love wintertime, there are also fun amenities available that will get you hopping like a snow bunny this winter. Here is our list of 10 amenities to take advantage of this winter:
- 55places.com is proud to announce 2015’s community of the year: The Villages in Florida. The Villages continues to be the standard-bearer of active adult communities - although calling it an active adult community seems like an understatement, considering that The Villages has over 50,000 homes and more amenities per capita than any city in the country.
- Think you can’t afford the retirement of your dreams? Think again. 55 Places is excited to announce our annual list of the 25 best value communities for 2015. As this list shows, living in a luxurious 55+ community does not require a gold mine for a retirement fund, as several communities provide incredible homes, resort-style amenities, and in-demand locations at prices attainable by most active adults.
- If you’re an active adult thinking about retiring overseas, you may want to consider countries in Latin America. Besides the warm climate and sunshine, other reasons retirees are choosing to live in Latin American countries include affordability, good healthcare options, and a welcoming community for Americans. Baby Boomers will also love the culture, diversity, adventure, and endless recreational options available to them in these exotic locations. Here, we list the best five countries to consider for retirement in Latin America:
- As walkability becomes a more pronounced concern for residents of cities across the country, Walkscore.com has been at the forefront of helping people figure out just how feasible two-legged transportation is from any address. In 2015, Walk Score released its list of the most walkable cities throughout the United States. The methodology includes determining walking routes, depth of choice, pedestrian friendliness, population, and other neighborhood data. They applied this algorithm to over 2,500 U.S. cities that included over ten million locations and over two billion walking routes.
- One of the major appeals to retiring in an active adult community is the activities available to homeowners. From bocce ball to knitting club to casino trips, there’s never a dull moment in a 55+ neighborhood. Some communities, though, are more active than others. We’ve gone ahead and narrowed down the top twenty most active 55+ communities in the country, based on number of clubs and activities, speaking with residents, and community tours by our team.
- Active adult homebuyers looking to find their retirement dream home have a wide selection to choose from this year. Well-known builders like Del Webb, Lennar, Shea Homes, and NV Homes will offer elegant home designs with features and options that cater to the 55+ homebuyer. Along with great floor plans, world-class amenities and an active social lifestyle will also be provided to residents of these best active adult communities. Check out the list on the top 10 new active adult communities this year from across the country.
- Location is one of the most important factors to consider when choosing a retirement destination. While rural communities offer wide-open spaces, many retirees are flocking to more urban destinations for their convenience and exciting local activities. For those looking to take part in all city life has to offer, here are ten of our favorite options.
- 55 Places is excited to announce our annual list of the most popular active adult communities in America. Each community earned its spot on this prestigious list based on the number of visitors on each community’s page over the past year.