Category: Resources - Moving
- Moving is a hassle, there’s no way around that. But with the help of a good mover, you can severely cut down the amount of hassle you have to go through in getting into your new home in an active adult community. Deciding on a reliable mover can be difficult with scams out there and a wide variety of different companies in any given area. Luckily, we’ve outlined some of our favorite tips for deciding on a moving company.
- Retirement - you’ve probably been dreaming about it for years, and as it gets closer, more practical planning is becoming necessary. Everything from your budget to home size to location needs to be decided. There’s just one problem; you and your spouse disagree completely on your retirement destination. With such a big life choice looming, it’s important to come to a compromise that will have you both enjoying your post-work years to the fullest.
- The big day is here: you're moving into an active adult community. The day you’ve been waiting for with both excitement and anxiety, when you lock your door for the last time and enter your new home. Although the anticipation is unbearable, so is the to-do list, a seemingly endless collection of burdensome chores that never seem to get smaller. We’re here to help with a comprehensive list of what you need to remember for moving day so you can look forward to this momentous day instead of sweating the small stuff.
- Many retirees dream of the day when they ditch the snow shovel for the last time for the warm and bucolic life in a temperate climate. But are you ready to toss your belongings into a truck, hit the open road, and resettle in a brand new region? Here we take a look at ways to prepare for a new life in an unfamiliar land.
- There are hundreds of active adult communities throughout the nation. With so many destinations to consider, finding the perfect city in which to retire is an important factor. To help streamline this process, 55 Places has compiled a list of 20 Great Cities for Retirement.