Category: Real Estate Market
- Ave Maria has been named the fastest growing single-family home community in the Naples/Fort Myers area for the fourth year in a row. Find out what makes the home of Del Webb Naples such a popular place with builders and new residents.
- The popular Utah master-planned community of Daybreak will be getting its second 55+ community this spring. Joining Garden Park at Daybreak in the South Jordan community will be Springhouse Village at Daybreak.
- Albuquerque, NM is full of rich culture and beauty, not to mention 55+ communities perfect for the active lifestyle. Albuquerque is the largest city in New Mexico and is popular for its beautiful desert landscape and rich multicultural history. It is also home to the famous International Balloon Fiesta, the world’s largest hot air...
- In a booming housing market, one of the most important trends is where people are moving. Many counties and metropolitan areas can claim to be a quickly growing region, but which ones are where most homeowners look to for a big move? It won’t surprise many that the fastest growing counties are located in the Sun Belt. Less surprising is that those same counties are even more popular in the 55-plus housing market. Here are the top fastest growing counties in the country according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Developer Alan D. Williams is building its last homes in its award-winning 55+ community in Colchester, Connecticut. Less than a dozen lots remain at North Woods of Colchester as the builder finalizes its last phase of construction. This active adult community will have a total of 140 single-family homes spread across 78 acres at completion.
- New Jersey saw a strong 2017 in age-restricted community home sales. The state’s miles of beaches, expansive parks and forests, and proximity to New York City has made it a hotspot for Baby Boomers. Whether you’re a snowbird looking to downsize on your summer home or hoping to spend your retirement around family year-round there’s an active adult community for you in New Jersey. Below are the ten top-selling communities in New Jersey on 55places.com in 2017.
- The current trend in active adult communities is pointing towards many non-traditional retirement destinations that are growing, but not established. While that is happening, mainstays like Florida and Arizona remain the top sellers and most likely will for a while. According to 55places.com data, the usual suspects have remained in the top five states for 55-plus home sales. Visit 55places.com for more!
- The real estate market has been roaring back from the Great Recession for years now and 2017 was no different. More specifically, the housing market among those 55 and better has been setting records, which comes as no surprise when you consider strong performance of the housing market and the increasing number of Baby Boomers reaching retirement age. Because of this, we’re not only seeing strong indicators that the market is currently healthy, but also that it will remain healthy for a long while.
- Trilogy by Shea Homes was awarded America’s Most Trusted 2018 Active Adult Builder by Lifestory Research. This is the sixth consecutive year that Trilogy has won this award. The award is based on the opinions of more than 12,000 responses of people aged 50 and better and homebuyers looking to move into an active adult community. Trilogy by Shea Homes produced the highest net trust index quotient score, which is calculated based on Lifestory Research’s methodology that includes three levels of consumer trust.