Category: Retirement Guide
- Luxury condos combined with resort-inspired living is coming to Northern Texas this year. The Corvalla at Stonebriar is a three-story luxury development that will offer homebuyers single-story living, high-end finishes, and world-class amenities within the exclusive Stonebriar neighborhood in Frisco, Texas. Although there is no age-restriction, The Corvalla at Stonebriar will cater to empty nesters seeking a lock-and-leave community with low-maintenance living and resort-style amenities.
- Active adults searching for a tranquil paradise just 40 miles of Phoenix will fall in love with Solera at Johnson Ranch. This established 55-plus community in Queen Creek, Arizona has world-class amenities and 727 single-family homes that are reasonably priced. Homebuyers will also love the community’s prime location that offers residents a quiet environment that is away from crowds and congestion while providing scenic views of the San Tan Mountains.
- The city of Irvine, California has long been a jewel of Orange County. One of the first master-planned cities in the country, 2018 will see Irvine finally add its first 55-plus community. Long-time builder CalAtlantic Homes have started construction on Travata, an age-restricted community that will include 243 attached and single-family homes. Travata will be the active adult community for those looking for modern, low-maintenance homes, resort-style amenities, warm weather, and world-class shopping and entertainment nearby.
- At a time when you can get just about anything delivered to your doorstep, on-site retail is still a valued amenity in active adult communities. Many people enjoy perusing their favorite shops to find something unexpected or make sure they’re getting exactly what they want. Master-planned communities that set aside space for retail ensure that their residents never have to go far to purchase the things they need. Here are a few communities with great shopping districts.
- Remington Pointe North Andare is one of the newest 55+ communities coming to Illinois this year. This charming active adult community will provide retirees with a close-knit setting as well as low-maintenance homes within a prime location in Lake County, which is just northwest of Chicago. Active adults will love the community’s tranquil environment along with its charming amenities and modern home designs.
- Sun Lakes Arizona residents enjoy a wide selection of resort-style amenities, social activities, reasonably priced homes, and low-maintenance living in this age-restricted community in Maricopa County. Visit 55places.com to read about homes, lifestyle, amenities, and more in Sun Lakes, AZ.
- Baby Boomers looking for an active lifestyle within an established 55+ community on Long Island should check out The Greens at Half Hollow in Melville, NY. This age-restricted community offers a variety of resale homes that come in different styles, sizes, and price points as well as a rich lineup of world-class amenities and an 18-hole golf course.
- With the number of people aged 65 and better in the U.S. expected to increase to 55 million in 2020 and to 70 million by 2030, it’s safe to say that the Baby Boomer demographic is on the rise and is setting new trends. Recent studies have shown that the vast majority of retirees prefer to age in place rather than relocate when they retire. According to a CNBC analysis of data from CoStar Group, a real estate information company, more than 80% of people 55+ in 17 major real estate markets who moved during the past seven years remained in the same county or state. So where are Baby Boomers aging in place? Read on below to find where retirees are staying put during their Golden Years.
- Washington D.C. and Baltimore are two great cities that are often simply referred to as the Baltimore-Washington metropolitan area. This popular area has a great selection of active adult communities that appeal to retirees because they offer a variety of home styles, world-class amenities, and an exciting social atmosphere. This region is also known for offering rich cultural attractions, historical sites, distinct neighborhoods, and plenty of scenic beauty.
- Shea Homes has something to celebrate these days. Three of Shea Homes' active lifestyle communities were recently named on Where to Retire Magazine's "Top 50 Master-Planned Communities in the U.S."