- For the third year in a row, national homebuilder and developer Taylor Morrison has received the 2018 America’s Most Trusted Home Builder award by Lifestory Research. 55places.com has the details.
- This year's list of the friendliest cities, compiled by the website Nextdoor.com, is a whos-who list of some of the most desirable communities in the United States. The top honor for the friendliest city went to one of the best-kept secrets of the Sacramento Area: El Dorado Hills. With its beautiful open spaces, thoughtful planning, and great access to shopping, dining, and entertainment, it is easy to see what the friendly residents of El Dorado Hills are so happy about.
- Construction of Del Webb Myrtle Beach is making progress as the new 55+ community prepares to host a grand opening in early 2018. Development of the 6,000 square-foot Welcome Center is underway with the framing of the building being completed this week. Del Webb Myrtle Beach will also host a series of informational seminars in October for prospective homebuyers who would like to learn more about this new active adult community.
- Shea Homes is set to introduce two new collections in Trilogy at Vistancia in Peoria, Arizona. Contour and Vignette are the builder’s two newest collections and will include seven floor plans between them. These single-family homes start in the high $300s and offer features that active adults seek, including first-floor master suites. Interested buyers are welcome to tour the new models in Trilogy at Vistancia on Saturday, October 7 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Builder C.P. Berry Homes officially broke ground last week on its newest 55+ community called Rolling Green at Topsfield in Massachusetts. The groundbreaking ceremony was held on August 16 and was attended by the builders’ four generations of active family members in the business, local officials from the town of Topsfield, and members of the Board of Selectmen, Planning Board, Conservation Commission, and others.
- Nashville has been famous for its lively country music scene, recreational activities, and cultural attractions, but the city is also becoming a retirement hotspot for Boomers who are looking for an exciting urban setting, lower cost of living, tax benefits, a four-season climate, and a great quality of life.
- As the seasons start to change from harsh winters to blooming spring weather, every homeowner begins the process of de-cluttering and organizing things around the home that may have accumulated over the year. Not only will a little spring cleaning make your home feel like new again, it will also help you feel healthier and be more productive. But don’t get overwhelmed by all the chores and instead start tackling each room in your home one at a time. Check out our helpful guide to spring cleaning that will get you through your laundry list efficiently for a fresh, clean home this season.