- Construction of Del Webb Myrtle Beach is making progress as the new 55+ community prepares to host a grand opening in early 2018. Development of the 6,000 square-foot Welcome Center is underway with the framing of the building being completed this week. Del Webb Myrtle Beach will also host a series of informational seminars in October for prospective homebuyers who would like to learn more about this new active adult community.
- Nashville has been famous for its lively country music scene, recreational activities, and cultural attractions, but the city is also becoming a retirement hotspot for Boomers who are looking for an exciting urban setting, lower cost of living, tax benefits, a four-season climate, and a great quality of life.
- As the seasons start to change from harsh winters to blooming spring weather, every homeowner begins the process of de-cluttering and organizing things around the home that may have accumulated over the year. Not only will a little spring cleaning make your home feel like new again, it will also help you feel healthier and be more productive. But don’t get overwhelmed by all the chores and instead start tackling each room in your home one at a time. Check out our helpful guide to spring cleaning that will get you through your laundry list efficiently for a fresh, clean home this season.
- A retirement party is a great way to commemorate the work achievements of a boss, co-worker or loved one. Entering retirement is a milestone that everyone looks forward to reaching some day. When that special person is ready to leave the workplace and enter their retirement, it signifies a new chapter in their lives, and it should be celebrated as such. Here are some ideas on how to plan a great retirement party that everyone will enjoy.
- Retiring early is great if you are able to plan and save enough money to live comfortably for the rest of your life. But what about healthcare costs? If you decide to leave the workforce before the age of 65, which is the qualifying age for Medicare, you may want to consider a few other healthcare options. Some healthcare costs may affect your budget in retirement because you are paying higher premiums and they aren’t tax-deductible. In previous years, Baby Boomers who retired early had a difficult time finding affordable healthcare coverage if they didn’t meet the age requirement for Medicare. Now, there are a variety of healthcare options available for early retirees. All you need to do is navigate through the healthcare system and find which option fits your needs.
- Located in Central North Carolina, the Village of Pinehurst is known for its historic charm and Southern hospitality. It is also the home of Pinehurst Resort and other popular golf retreats, and home to both the Men's and Women's 2014 U.S. Open. The area features several active adult communities, as well, making it a lovely place for an active retirement.
- Open to residents of all ages, StoneBridge is a lovely Tennessee community which features homes that are sure to appeal to active adult homebuyers. In addition to its beautiful homes, StoneBridge offers a spacious clubhouse with an exciting line-up of amenities, as well as social activities which support an active adult lifestyle.
- Nestled in the foothills of the Sheep Mountain Range, Sun City Aliante provides resort-style living in North Las Vegas, Nevada. This prime location puts residents within 15 miles of the Las Vegas Strip and also within close proximity of a wide range of shops, restaurants, services and other attractions. Yet the on-site amenities give residents plenty to do without even leaving the community.
- Carolina Reserve – An Attractive New Option for Those Researching South Carolina Retirement CommunitiesBuilt by Lennar Homes, Carolina Reserve is a brand new, open-age community with plans for an amenity center which is sure to appeal to active adult homebuyers. Set in Indian Head, South Carolina, this development will feature two distinct neighborhoods for a total of 400 single-family homes. Its prime location is just a 30 minute drive from the attractions in Charlotte, North Carolina.