NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up and who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of The United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of 55places.com, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Neighborhoods.com, LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on December 20, 2017 at 12:00 AM CST and ending January 3, 2018 at 11:59 PM CST. All online entries must be received by January 3, 2018 at 11:59 CST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WXKLXGR. The entry must fulfill all campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of 55places.com. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. You may only enter using the Gleam app entry methods available. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of 55places.com.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive an Apple iPad with a retail value of approximately $329.99. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by 55places.com. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at 55places.com's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for 55places.com to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of 55places.com. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. 55places.com shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT 55PLACES.COM‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that 55places.com, anyone acting on behalf of 55places.com, and 55places.com’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond 55places.com’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, 55places.com may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by 55places.com. 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. 55places.com has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, 55places.com reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless 55places.com and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 55 Places, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S. Requests must be received no later than July 12, 2017.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Neighborhoods.com, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S.
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by 55places.com is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. Write-in Entry: You may write in one entry at the address below. Sweepstakes eligibility will be determined by the date the write-in entry is received. We do not accept entries from third parties.
1525 W Homer St.
Chicago, IL 60613
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, or MailChimp.
Active adults and retirees don’t usually think about Idaho as a retirement destination. Idaho is known mostly for its outdoor attractions and scenic natural landscapes of mountains, farmlands, valleys, and rivers. Active adult communities in Idaho offer a lower cost of living, plenty of outdoor recreational activities, and reasonably priced homes within age-targeted communities. Active adults and retirees should consider this lesser-known retirement location to find a suitable 55+ neighborhood that meets their needs.
Climate & Geography
Idaho is the 14th largest state and is located in the northwestern region of the United States. The capital of Idaho is Boise, which is also the largest city in the state. Idaho is mostly made up of rugged mountains, lakes, and canyons. Idaho is bordered by six states and one Canadian province. These are British Columbia to the north, Montana to the northeast, Wyoming to the east, Washington and Oregon to the west and Nevada and Utah to the south.
Active adults and retirees can enjoy Idaho’s natural landscapes and wildlife. The largest wildlife preserve is the Frank Church-River of No Return Wilderness Area that is 2.3 million acres. The major rivers in Idaho are Snake River, Clark Fork/Pend Oreille River, Clearwater River, and Salmon River. Idaho’s highest mountain peak is Borah Peak at 12,662 feet and its lowest peak is Lewiston at 710 feet.
55+ residents in age-targeted communities in Idaho can experience two time zones, depending on the location. Southern Idaho active adult communities near the Boise metropolitan area, Idaho Falls, Pocatello, and Twin Falls are in the Mountain Time Zone. Northern Idaho active adult communities near Salmon River, Coeur d’Alene, Moscow, Lewiston, and Sandpoint are in the Pacific Time Zone.
Active adult communities in Idaho enjoy a varied climate that is based off the weather patterns of the Pacific Ocean with Northern Idaho 55+ communities getting more precipitation, while Southern Idaho age-targeted communities enjoy a much warmer climate. Active adult communities in southern areas in Idaho have winter temperatures that range in the low 20s to high 40s with 20 to 40 inches of snow on average and summer temperatures in the high 80s to high 90s. Age-targeted areas in northern Idaho experience low 10s to high 30s in the winter with 20 to 50 inches of snow and temperatures in the low 70s to high 80s during summer months.
Recreation, Culture & Entertainment
With so many outdoor activities, active adults and retirees are sure to find something that suits their passion near a 55+ community in Idaho. There are numerous state parks and wilderness areas near age-targeted neighborhoods that offer hiking, golfing, camping, fishing, white water rafting, horseback riding, skiing and snowboarding. Some attractions are Bonneville Point, Burgdorf Hot Springs, Stone Ridge, Meadow Creek, Boise Depot, and Clearwarter National Forest.
There are also plenty of museums near active adult neighborhoods in Idaho that offer art, culture and history for 55+ residents who love absorbing new information. The American Heritage Tours, Bear River Heritage Area, Bear River Massacre Site, Boise Basin Museum, and Central Idaho Historical Museum all offer great tours, attractions and history lessons about everything Idaho has to offer.
Cost of Living & Taxes
The cost of living in Idaho is 5% below the national average. Cities like Boise and Coeur d’Alene have a 3.8% higher than average cost of living while Idaho Falls has a 7.9% lower than average cost of living, and Sandpoint has a 1% higher than average cost of living. Idaho income tax rates range from 1.6% to 7.4% of taxable income.
There are 48 licensed hospitals near active adult communities in Idaho, and five are top-ranked in the U.S. Kootenai Medical Center in Coeur d’Alene and St. Luke’s Regional Medical Center in Boise are two of the top-ranked hospitals for high-performing specialties. Other hospitals like St. Alphonsus Medical Center in Nampa, Portneuf Medical Center in Pocatello are also well-known hospitals in Idaho.
Share this page with friends and family!