- Price Range
- Mid $100s - Mid $400s
- Home Types
- Attached, Condos, Single-Family
- Number of Homes
- Resale Homes Only
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 1998 - 2013
- Del Webb
- 14 reviews
Sun City Huntley Overview
Del Webb's Sun City Huntley in Illinois is one of the premier active adult communities in the Chicago area. With over 5,400 homes spread across 2,300 acres, Sun City Huntley is the largest and most amenity-laden 55+ community in the entire Midwest offering a lifestyle unrivaled by any community in the area.
Residents can enjoy golf, tennis and countless other activities in the community's beautiful 94,000 square-foot clubhouse. There are over 80 different clubs and interest groups in the community. Sun City Huntley offers some of the most reasonably priced homes of any active adult community in the Chicago area and residents can choose from a large assortment of condominiums, townhomes and single-family homes for sale.
Sun City Huntley Amenities
The level of amenities in this 55+ community reigns supreme over any other active adult community in the Chicago area. At the heart of the development is the Prairie Lodge. This magnificent 94,000 square-foot clubhouse boasts a bountiful lineup of amenities uniquely crafted for the needs of today's active adult buyers. In the Prairie Lodge there is a state-of-the-art fitness facility that includes weight and cardiovascular equipment and an indoor walking track. An indoor lap pool provides a great place for residents to stay fit by swimming laps or by participating in the many aquatic exercise classes offered. There is also a large 20-person indoor spa and a resort-style outdoor pool at the Prairie Lodge. Hobby and craft-minded residents will never find a shortage of activity at the Prairie Lodge. There are several multi-purpose rooms that include a card room, ceramics studio, arts and crafts studio, sewing room and computer lab. A grand ballroom with an elevated stage and dance floor plays host to many activities such as dinner parties, receptions, movies and theatrical productions.
This community is also home to the Meadow View Lodge, which is a 20,000 square-foot facility that hosts even more amenities. The Meadow View Lodge has a large state-of-the-art fitness center with the latest high-end cardiovascular and weight training equipment. There are also several aerobics and dance studios, meeting rooms and an additional outdoor pool.
In addition to the world-class amenities in Prairie Lodge and Meadow View Lodge, there are countless other enjoyable attractions in this community. Over one-third of the land is protected open space and nature preserves. The several hundred acre Wildflower Park in the center of the community includes miles of walking and biking trails surrounding a 19-acre fishing lake. Additionally there is a softball field, bocce ball courts, volleyball courts, horseshoe pits and a tennis facility that features eight lighted courts including a stadium style court. Woodworkers will be amazed with the 4,800 square-foot Millgrove Woodworking shop that also features a model train room in the basement.
Avid golfers will fall in love with Sun City Huntley's Whisper Creek Golf Course. The course was designed by the award winning team of Hall-of-Famer Billy Casper and renowned golf course architect Greg Nash. Whisper Creek is a prairie style course that features impeccably manicured fairways and greens. Water comes into play on over half of the holes providing both scenic beauty as well as a formidable challenge for golfers of all skill levels. Residents enjoy discounted fees and can also sign up for annual membership programs. Residents don't have to travel far for a great meal. Jameson's Charhouse in the Prairie Lodge serves up lunch and dinner seven days a week. Patrons can enjoy a great meal while overlooking Whisper Creek's ninth hole waterfall. For more casual dining, a sports pub and bar attached to Jameson's offers a great place to meet with friends for a drink after a round of golf or a fun place to watch your favorite sports team. For those who want a quick snack, Casper's Cafe at Whisper Creek is the perfect spot to grab a sandwich during a round of golf.
Sun City Huntley Homes & Real Estate
Sun City Huntley began construction in 1999 and the community was completed in 2013 with 5,489 homes. Since Del Webb began building, they have offered nearly 55 different floor plans in a variety of housing styles that include single-family homes, attached ranch townhomes and condos. There are 37 different single-family home models in Sun City Huntley that range from 1,130 square feet all the way to over 3,000 square feet. All homes feature a minimum of two bedrooms, two baths and a two-car garage but larger models include three or more bedrooms, additional bathrooms and three car garages.
Included features of the single-family homes vary from very basic features such as laminate countertops and vinyl flooring all the way to highly upgraded units that include tile or wood flooring, hard surface countertops, gourmet appliances and spa-like master bathrooms. Basements are available as options in this community but most homes are built on slabs. Premium homesites with views of Whisper Creek Golf Course or open space are available. For homebuyers who want the ultimate in maintenance-free living, there are a variety of attached ranch style townhomes available. The monthly association fee for townhome residents includes full lawn care, snow removal and exterior maintenance of the unit. Several townhome products have been constructed since 1999 including clovers, villas and triplexes. In all, townhome buyers can select from 13 different floor plans that range from 1,014 to 1,599 square feet. The smallest plans include one bedroom and the larger plans include two bedrooms plus a den.
For homebuyers who want the look and feel of a single-family home at a price that is more comparable to a townhome, the Clubhomes present a unique option. Clubhomes are detached duplexes that are attached at their foundations underground but there is no common wall above ground, so the unit is virtually a single-family home. For association fee purposes, Clubhome owners pay an association fee equivalent to a single-family home, which means that they are responsible for the exterior maintenance of the unit as well as lawn care and snow removal. However, lawn and snow services are available for residents who do not wish to do their own maintenance. There are three Clubhome floor plans that range from 1,197 to 1,551 square feet. The Arcadia Condominium building is the ideal place for residents who prefer condo-style living with an elevator and underground parking. This four-story building is the only condo building in Sun City and includes five different floor plan options. It is located immediately adjacent to the Meadow View Lodge and outdoor pool.
Sun City Huntley Lifestyle
This 55+ community offers the ultimate in active adult living. There are over 80 different clubs and interest groups that cater to nearly every imaginable interest. A full-time activities coordinator is continually updating an action packed calendar filled with new and exciting events, parties and group trips. Whether your interests include fitness activities such as aerobics, golf and tennis or more hobby related activities such as ceramics, woodworking or arts and crafts there is something for everyone at Del Webb in Huntley, IL. Card and game enthusiasts can partake in clubs such as bridge, pinochle and scrabble. Sports enthusiasts will enjoy clubs such as a softball league, biking and fishing. The jazz band, Prairie Singers and Theatre Company are perfect for people who enjoy performing arts. The list of activities is endless at Del Webb Huntley and every month residents receive a new monthly newsletter that highlights all of the fun activities at their disposal.
Sun City Huntley is located approximately 45 miles from downtown Chicago, north of I-90 on Route 47. The location makes it an ideal choice for quick access to the Northwest suburbs, Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, O'Hare Airport and is a manageable drive into downtown Chicago. Route 47 is emerging as one of the Northwest suburbs' main thoroughfares, making the area ideal for shopping, restaurants and everyday conveniences. The area around the community is already home to the Huntley Outlet Mall, Wal-Mart, a Jewel-Osco and numerous restaurants and shops. The bustling Randall Road corridor is only five miles east, where one will find the Algonquin Commons, home to 80 specialty shops and restaurants. In addition, Randall Road is home to a vast array of new retail outlets and dining opportunities.
Sun City Huntley Amenities
Prairie Lodge - 94,000 Sq. Ft.
The Prairie Lodge is the original clubhouse in Sun City Huntley. This massive facility spans 94,000 square feet and includes virtually every amenity one could want in an active adult community. It includes:
- Amenity Center - 94,000 Sq. Ft.
- Jameson's Charhouse
- Fitness Center
- Indoor Lap Pool & Spa
- Outdoor Resort-Style Pool
- Aerobics & Dance Studio
- Indoor Walking Track
- Hobby & Game Room
- Card Room
- Ceramics Studio
- Arts & Crafts Studio
- Sewing Studio
- Drendel Ballroom
- Performing Arts Theater (Drendel Ballroom)
- Computer Lab
Meadow View Lodge - 20,000 Sq. Ft.
The Meadow View Lodge is the newer, smaller clubhouse. This bustling facility includes a new and larger fitness center than the Prairie Lodge. It also is home to several meeting rooms and aerobics and dance studios. It includes:
- Amenity Center - 20,000 Sq. Ft.
- State-of-the-Art Fitness Center
- Outdoor Pool
- Aerobics & Dance Studios
- Hobby & Game Room
- Card Room
Millgrove Woodworking Shop
- Woodworking Shop - 4,800 Sq. Ft.
- Billiard Hall
Spanning over 2,300 acres, Sun City Huntley has countless outdoor amenities and attractions. Here is a sample of what residents can find throughout the community:
- 18-Hole Whisper Creek Golf Course
- Casper's Cafe (at Whisper Creek)
- Walking & Biking Trails
- 8 Lighted Tennis Courts
- 6 Bocce Ball Courts
- Horseshoe Pits
- Softball Stadium
- Sand Volleyball Court
- Scenic Lakes & Ponds
- Fishing Lake - 19-Acre Wildflower Lake
- Wildflower Park and Numerous Pocket Parks
- Gardening Plots
- Playground for Grandkids
Sun City Huntley Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in Sun City Huntley. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- Bocce ball
- 16" Softball league
- Stingrays (swimming club)
- Table tennis
- Water aerobics
- Mah Jongg
- Skip Bo
- NY Metro
- Clayground (Pottery)
- Crafting Memories
- Pencil & Palette
- Sew'n Sews (Sewing)
- Woodchucks (Woodworking)
- Amateur Radio
- Antiques & Collectibles
- Book Discussion (Fiction & Non-Fiction)
- Current Events
- Sun City Historians
- Creative Writing
- Concert Band
- Sun City Music
- Prairie Singers
- Theatre Company
- Chime Choir
- Jazz Band
- Organ & Keyboard
- Sonshine Boys
- String Orchestra
- A Thoughtful Bible Study
- Christian Fellowship
- Gods Girls
- Precept Inductive Bible Study
- Shalom Group
- Spiritual Conversations
- Spiritual Health
- Breast Cancer Support 1st
- Grief Support
- Stroke Survivors Support Group
- Women Helping Women in Crisis
- Grandma, Grandpa & Me
- RV Travelers
- Sun City Singles
- Lions of Sun City
- Red Hatters
Price Range: Low $100s - Mid $100s
The Clovers were built by Del Webb between 1999 and 2002. Arranged in quad configurations each building contains four units built on slabs. There are six models to choose from and most units include 2-car garages. The Clovers are ideal for homebuyers who want an inexpensive maintenance-free home. All exterior home maintenance, lawn care and snow removal is provided by the association.View Floorplans
Price Range: Low $100s - High $100s
The Villas were built between 2004 and 2007. Each building contains six units arranged in a "U" shape configuration with two of each model. The Albright/Arden are always located on the end, Savoy models are in the middle and Wyngates are located at the back. All lawn care, snow removal and exterior home maintenance is provided by the association, making the Villas an ideal choice for homebuyers who want maintenance-free living at a lower price.View Floorplans
Price Range: Low $100s - Mid $100s
The Triplex I models are located in neighborhood 19 in Sun City Huntley. Each building contains three units that include two Dunham units on the ends and a Canton model in the middle. All units are built on slabs and include 2 bedrooms, 2 baths and 2-car garages. The Triplexes appeal to those who want the maintenance-free lifestyle with more elbow room than what is found in other attached home collections. All lawn care, snow removal and exterior home maintenance is provided by the association.View Floorplans
Price Range: Low $100s - Mid $100s
The Triplex II models were built in 2004 after the completion of the Triplex I models. The Triplex II models include three units per building with the larger Hanover in the middle and two smaller Hampshire models located on either end. Both models are built on slab and include 2 bedrooms, 2 baths and 2-car garages. These maintenance-free homes include all exterior home maintenance, lawn care and snow removal.View Floorplans
Price Range: Mid $100s - Low $200s
The popular Clubhomes in Sun City Huntley are commonly referred to as "detached duplexes". These homes offer the look and feel of a single-family home but are priced more like a duplex. The unique design includes attached foundation footings underground but above ground there is six feet of space between the homes and there is no common wall. With options like front porches, brick facades and smaller homesites the Clubhome neighborhoods feel like small town America. In the final phase, Pulte/Del Webb changed the name of this model collection to Manors. The model names changed from York, James and Potomac to Haven, Journey and Serenity, respectively. The main changes were that they no longer attached the footings and offered more space between homes but the floor plans remained virtually the same. All Clubhomes and Manors are built on slabs. Later phases included options for sunrooms and extended garages.View Floorplans
Price Range: Mid $100s - Low $200s
The Northwoods Classics homes were built by Del Webb between 1999 and 2002. These intimate designs are built for homebuyers who want a cozy home at an affordable price. Some homes are offered with options such as basements and front porches.View Floorplans
Price Range: High $100s - Low $300s
The Traditions were constructed by Del Webb between 2000 and 2002. Most homes were built on slab but basements are available.View Floorplans
Price Range: High $100s - High $200s
The Classic Series homes include six models built by Pulte/Del Webb starting in 2002 through 2011. All Classic homes feature two bedrooms plus a den, two bathrooms and a 2-car garage. These plans include open layouts and optional features such as extended garages and basements.View Floorplans
Price Range: Low $200s - High $300s
The Shoreline Premiers were built by Del Webb between 1999 and 2002. These five floor plans were applauded for their spacious designs and available 2.5-car garages. Many homes enjoy views of open space, natural areas or the golf course. Basements are optional on the Shoreline Premiers.View Floorplans
Price Range: High $200s - Mid $400s
The Premier homes were introduced by Pulte/Del Webb in 2002. With expansive great rooms and open layouts, these are very popular with homebuyers. All homes include two bedrooms with a den that can be converted into a third bedroom. 2-car garages and slabs are standard but 3-car garages and basements are optional. Nature, golf course and open space views are available at a premium.View Floorplans
Great Lakes Estates
Price Range: Mid $300s - Mid $500s
The Great Lakes Estates are the original high-end series of homes built by Del Webb between 1999 and 2002. Geared towards buyers who want space and luxury, these homes are built to impress with numerous upgrades included as well as optional features such as basements and premium view homesites.View Floorplans
Price Range: Mid $300s - High $400s
The Reserves are ideal for active adults who want the finest in luxury and space. Built by Pulte/Del Webb between 2004 and 2007 these models include full brick fronts, 3-car garages and highly upgraded interiors. Open layouts, sunrooms and optional basements make these homes further appealing to high-end buyers who want the finest Sun City Huntley has to offer.View Floorplans
Price Range: Ask Agent
The Arcadia Condo is a 3-story elevator building with underground parking and a common entrance. It was built in 2003 and is located adjacent to the Meadow View Lodge. Arcadia is ideal for homebuyers who want maintenance-free living as well as the safety and security of a common entrance building with secured parking.View Floorplans
Sun City Huntley Reviews
- Karla D.|September 26, 2019It’s all about the people. We have more friends and more laughs after 4 years than we had after 25 yrs in our old neighborhood
- Donna R.|September 11, 2019The setting is beautiful and our neighbors couldn't be more helpful. So glad we chose this community.
- Doug and Linda H.|April 26, 2019Our greatest frustration with this community is that we didn't move here sooner. This is as fine a place to live as we have ever experienced.
- Jason T.|April 17, 2019I am very disappointed that some seniors have let their children move in with them. They also have young ones staying on the weekends. This has been happening for months.
- Diane T.|August 1, 2018Best decision we ever made, we feel like we live at a resort. We like the size of our community that offers so much to do: golf course, softball, Bocce, Bags, pickleball, tennis, indoor/outdoor concerts, plays, day trips, indoor pool, 2 outdoor pools, 2 fitness center with many classes, indoor walking track, massage spa, golf cart community, holiday parties, dances, cards, and the goes on. But most of all, the friendly neighbors that our community has. “Living the Dream”
Sun City Huntley is conveniently located near I-90 for easy access to O’Hare & Chicago. Huntley is a great, friendly little town.
- donald and mary w.|April 9, 2018this is our 13th year living in sun city huntley and my how time flies. The caring neighbors,activities galore,easy on and off I 90, the huntley park district relationship and affordable assessment fees. Mary is involved in her tap dancing and various craft clubs and I enjoy volleyball,pickelball,softball,golfing and fishing. Would not live anywhere else!
- George |December 28, 2016Sun City Huntley is an incredible community for active adults. If you have not seen the main clubhouse, you have got to check it out. Indoor and outdoor pools, a 30 person hot tub, indoor walking track, fitness center, rooms for art, ceramics, sewing, and cards, a restaurant, sports, pub, 18-hole golf course, tennis, bocce, fishing, biking, woodworking, and the list goes on.
The only thing better than all the activities in Sun City Huntley are the residents. Everyone is so kind, caring, and friendly. They welcome new neighbors with open arms and cookies! This is the BEST place to live! It's like living in a resort all year.
- Janet R.|December 13, 2016This is the best active adult community in Illinois. So much to do here. I've met so many great people at the clubhouse and the restaurant. The golf course is my favorite in the northwest suburbs and the model train area in the woodshop barn is a sight to see!
- Bill N.(Resident/Homeowner)|June 30, 2016Sun City is the best 55+ community in the Chicago area. The homes and amenities are great and the lifestyle is second to none. There is always something fun and exciting happening everyday. The only regret you might have if you move here is that you will wish you would have done it sooner!
- BJ C.(Resident/Homeowner)|May 2, 2014My wife and I moved to Sun City Huntley from the Wrigleyville area in Chicago. I must say we've made more friends here and know more people than in the twenty-five years we lived in our old neighborhood. The community is organized around neighborhoods which makes it very easy to meet new people. There are also many organized activities available - sports, hobbies, trips, plays, shows, and many special interest groups - which can serve to widen your circle of friends and acquaintances. What I enjoy most, though, is simply living in a beautiful, safe and stable community surrounded by decent, hard-working people - our peers - many of whom we have come to know and care for deeply. It was a great choice for us.
- Barbara |April 21, 2013Sun City Huntley is beautiful, friendly, and safe. I wasn't sure I was going to like it, but I love it now. It was so easy to meet people when I moved in and everyone is very friendly.
- mary s.(Resident/Homeowner)|October 10, 2012I enjoyed living here at first, but I have trouble meeting people my age,I'm way older and am not at alphysically fit. The people I have met won't put up with my endless chatter and constant complaints. but that's my main interest. I'm close to 80 years old and still dye my hair a flaming red color, maybe I am scaring people
- Darlene & Jerry Rutledge |June 2, 2012We moved from Springfield, IL where Darlene lived her entire life. We were reluctant to make the move even though we have kids and grand kids in the area. We came to look and bought that very day.
We have not regretted it for a minute and love it here more than we could ever imagine. We have more fun and friends than a lifetime in Springfield. We can be as busy (or not) as we want to be. Darlene is involved in the Tennis Club and the Huntley Hoofers Tap Dance class which are both new endeavors. Darlene is also a caregiver to Jerry and the support of neighbors and friends are unbelievable. She also attends the Sun City Caregiver's Support Group.
- Richard T.(Resident/Homeowner)|September 14, 2011My wife and I decided to move to Sun City Huntley in 2007 after nearly a decade of deliberation. I can honestly say that waiting all of those years to make a decision is the biggest regret of my adult life.
Sun City Huntley has been an absolute blessing for my wife and I. My wife has become far more active in the social scene than we have ever anticipated. She is a regular participant at water aerobics, quilting, and even volunteers at the local schools throughout the community. I enjoy living a lower profile life, tooling around occasionally at the fantastic woodshop on site.
The biggest surprise when moving here was how friendly all of our neighbors were. We bought a new construction home and found that nearly everyone around us was in the same boat as us. Moving in at the same time was also nice. There is a nice mix of singles and couples and while all age groups are represented, the overall vibe was much younger than I anticipated. Unlike me, many of my neighbors still work full time jobs.
Not everything has been perfect. If we could choose a home again, we probably would have picked a floor plan with one more bedroom and additional storage space. We also had a construction delay when moving in and had to wait a few months before we had grass. However, overall the Deb Webb staff was accommodating and put us at ease. They even came to our home several times after moving in to make small repairs. All things considered moving here was a wonderful decision.
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of Sun City Huntley. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding Sun City Huntley has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.