- What information we collect from or about you
- What we use your information for
- Under what circumstances we disclose your information to other parties
- The kinds of security measures in place to protect against loss or misuse of your personal information
- What forms of tracking are used on the Website and App
- Other privacy policies to which you may become subject when you use the Services
- How you can access, update or delete your Personally Identifiable Information
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM OR ABOUT YOU?
We refer in this Policy to two types of information: Personally Identifiable Information (sometimes referred to as "PII") and non-Personally Identifiable Information.
Personally Identifiable Information refers to any information that can be used to uniquely identify, contact, or locate you. Examples of Personally Identifiable Information include a name, physical address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, or a credit card number.
Neighborhoods.com collects only the PII that you voluntarily provide to us, our agents or Partner Agents, such as when you register to use the Services, set up a profile, create content, or complete a form to request more information about a home or neighborhood from our agents or Partner Agents. A “Partner Agent” is an agent that works for a brokerage that is not Neighborhoods.com or Neighborhoods Home Source, Inc., but that partners with us to provide the Services.
You might also be asked for, or choose to provide, additional information about yourself that does not, itself, specifically identify you. This is non-Personally Identifiable Information. However, some information of this kind, such as your age or geographic location may be required (or merely requested) when you register for the Services, and may be associated with your PII.
Neighborhoods.com may also automatically collect other types of non-Personally Identifiable Information as you use the Services, including technical information (such as your IP address, mobile device ID, or browser type) and usage information (such as location data, preferred language, the parts of the Services you have visited, which links you have clicked and other information about how you interact with the Services). This information is anonymous, and is not associated with your PII, although it may be associated with other pieces of anonymous information about you.
WHAT DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
Your Personally Identifiable Information may be used in one of the following ways:
- For the purpose of fulfilling your requests. For example, when you complete forms to request more information about a home or neighborhood from a Partner Agent, wewill transmit your information to the Partner Agent along with the request.
- To contact you regarding your account. These communications may include notices regarding changes to our policies, service updates, account management procedures and customer service transactional messages.
- To e-mail you newsletters or tips about how to use the Services and inform you of updates about properties or neighborhoods you have favorited.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information may be used in one of the following ways:
- To enable us to generate aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction.
- To customize your experience on the Website and App (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs).
- To make improvements to the Website, App, and Services.
- To inform potential partners and advertisers about the size and characteristics of our audience.
- To remarket to you, as described below.
DO WE DISCLOSE ANY INFORMATION TO OTHER PARTIES?
Neighborhoods.com does not sell or trade your Personally Identifiable Information to outside parties. We may, however, disclose your PII:
- To Partner Agents for the purpose of fulfilling your requests, as described above. Partner Agents are obligated to protect your PII to the same degree as stated in this Policy. However, Neighborhoods.com is not responsible for PII that you voluntarily, but are not required to, provide to us, our agents or Partner Agents.
- To law enforcement officials, when we believe in good faith that the law requires such action, or when required to do so by order of a court or other compulsory legal process.
- To another company that we merge with or are acquired by, in order for continuity of service.
HOW SECURE IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The security of your data is very important to us. We store your information securely, using industry-compliant encryption technology. When you enter sensitive information on our web forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
WHAT FORMS OF TRACKING DO WE USE ON THE WEBSITE AND APP, AND FOR WHAT PURPOSES?
Neighborhoods.com uses anonymous tracking technologies, including cookies and pixel tags.
Cookies are small data files that a website transfers to your computer’s storage device via your Web browser. Cookies are uniquely assigned to your computer, and can only be read by a web server of the website that issued the cookie to you. Cookies enable us to understand how you and other users interact with the Services and provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on the Website and App. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer.
Depending on your web browser, you may have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers default to accept cookies but enable you to configure settings to decline them. For further information about cookies, including how to disable them, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org. If you decline cookies, however, you might not be able to sign in to the Services or use features of the Services that depend on cookies.
A pixel tag is a snippet of code that registers on a user’s browser. A pixel tag allows us to capture information about a user’s actions on our Website and App.
Cookies and pixel tags may be used, in addition, to facilitate our advertising on third-party websites targeted to previous visitors to our site, a practice known as remarketing. We use Google Ads and Facebook remarketing services, which allow us to advertise in this manner on Google, Facebook, and websites in their advertising networks. We may use other similar services in the future.
You may opt-out of Google and Facebook remarketing advertising by visiting https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=enor https://www.facebook.com/ads/website_custom_audiences. The Digital Advertising Alliance also offers a tool to conveniently opt out of third-party advertising services from participating companies, at http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
Neighborhoods.com also maintains internal logs of usage of the Services. Logs include information such as IP address, browser type and version, and computer operating system. Neighborhoods.com maintains logs mainly for internal systems administration and diagnostic purposes, and to detect improper use of the site. We may also use logs to generate aggregate, non-Personally Identifiable Information for advertisers or other third parties.
Further, Neighborhoods.com uses FullStory to track and enhance user experience on the Website and App. We may use other similar tools in the future.
Neighborhoods.com does not use any of the tools described above to collect PII or associate your PII with data about your use of the site.
OTHER PRIVACY POLICIES TO WHICH YOU MAY BE SUBJECT
Occasionally, we may include links on the Website or App to external websites. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies and terms of service, which will govern the use of any Personally Identifiable Information that you provide. While Neighborhoods.com is not responsible for the use of your information by third parties, we nevertheless seek to protect you and the integrity of our Website and App, and we therefore invite your feedback about these sites.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS, UPDATE OR DELETE YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION?
All account settings can be changed from your account dashboard. This includes reviewing and changing Personally Identifiable Information, and setting e-mail preferences for non-account related e-mails. Accounts may be cancelled by submitting a cancellation request to email@example.com.
Administrative and account-related communications are necessary to ensure we provide you with the highest level of service, therefore if you have registered an account with the Services, you are not permitted to opt out from receipt of these communications, except if you cancel your registration for the Services entirely.
New types of marketing communications might be added from time to time. You can unsubscribe by following the instructions contained in the messages you receive.
Information relating to your past usage of the Services may remain in our archived records after your account has been cancelled, and any content that you have contributed to the Services will remain visible to the same extent as if you maintained a registered account with the Services. If you wish to have all information that you have posted to be deleted, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make reasonable efforts to honor your request.
WHAT IF WE MAKE CHANGES TO THIS POLICY?
Because enhancements to the Services we provide may affect the information that we collect and the manner in which we use it, this Policy may change from time to time. All changes will be incorporated into the written policy and posted here. The date of last revision to the Policy is indicated at the top of this page.
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS THAT ARE NOT ANSWERED HERE?
600 W Fulton St. Ste 700
Chicago, Illinois 60661
Last Updated October 24, 2018