NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up and who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of The United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of 55places.com, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Neighborhoods.com, LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on December 20, 2017 at 12:00 AM CST and ending January 3, 2018 at 11:59 PM CST. All online entries must be received by January 3, 2018 at 11:59 CST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WXKLXGR. The entry must fulfill all campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of 55places.com. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. You may only enter using the Gleam app entry methods available. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of 55places.com.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive an Apple iPad with a retail value of approximately $329.99. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by 55places.com. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at 55places.com's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for 55places.com to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of 55places.com. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. 55places.com shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT 55PLACES.COM‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that 55places.com, anyone acting on behalf of 55places.com, and 55places.com’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond 55places.com’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, 55places.com may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by 55places.com. 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. 55places.com has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, 55places.com reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless 55places.com and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 55 Places, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S. Requests must be received no later than July 12, 2017.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Neighborhoods.com, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S.
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by 55places.com is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. Write-in Entry: You may write in one entry at the address below. Sweepstakes eligibility will be determined by the date the write-in entry is received. We do not accept entries from third parties.
1525 W Homer St.
Chicago, IL 60613
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, or MailChimp.
The Bay Area in Northern California is quickly becoming a popular destination for the region s active adults. Residents have more than just a prestigious address to boast, with miles of scenic hiking trails along the coast to unparalleled golf courses to an enjoyable year-round climate. Those seeking a more urban experience will enjoy proximity to three large cities, each with their own unique attractions and cultures.
Economically prosperous and demographically diverse, active adults have plenty of Bay Area 55+ communities from which to choose. Active adults who choose a 55+ community in the Bay Area can afford to be picky about what kind of community they want to live in, whether it be the sprawling, amenity-rich Rossmoor or the quaint and cozy River s Bend.
Climate & Geography
The Bay Area is located in Northern California and is comprised of nine counties. Although the specific boundaries of the Bay Area are not firm, they are typically seen as encompassing Napa Valley to the north, Contra Costa and Alameda counties to the east and Santa Clara County to the south.
Active adults and retirees of the Bay Area enjoy its diverse landforms, from mountain ranges to the peninsula to the famed Napa Valley. Given its diverse geography, the Bay Area has a reputation for having one of the most complex climates in the country and is actually comprised of several microclimates. The areas near the Pacific Ocean, including San Francisco, experience minimal temperature fluctuations with cool, foggy summers and mild, wet winters. Farther inland, in the areas isolated from the ocean by the mountains, the summers are hot and the winter nights chilly. During the summer, temperatures in San Francisco and the inland areas can vary by as much as 40 degrees Fahrenheit, creating a diverse environment for Bay Area age-restricted communities.
San Jose, in the southern portion of the Bay Area, experiences less than 15 inches of rain per year while the fertile Napa Valley to the north averages 30 inches per year. Just a few miles to the west of San Jose, the Santa Cruz mountains get over 55 inches of rain a year. Snow accumulation does occur frequently on the mountains but rarely on the ground.
Recreation, Culture & Entertainment
Active adults love the fact that the Bay Area has a sterling reputation when it comes to outdoor recreational and cultural attractions. During a mild day, one can ski in the morning, go to the beach during the afternoon and have dinner around a fire at night. Bay Area 55+ communities are also near several dozen summits for hikers while bikers will find hundreds of miles of trails to explore. Being along the Pacific Ocean also makes surfing and fishing very popular activities for residents of Bay Area active adult communities.
Bay Area's age-restricted communities also have no shortage of cultural opportunities nearby. San Francisco is a cultural destination, offering over 40 museums, over 150 registered historic places, and the famous art galleries in the Mission District. San Francisco is also home to over 30 Michelin-rated restaurants, numerous theaters, and breathtaking views of the San Francisco Bay. Bay Area active adults communities are also near San Jose, which features an impressive number of restaurants, galleries, parks, and trails to enjoy.
The Bay Area is also home to Silicon Valley, which is home to some of the largest companies in the world, creating an economically stable region. Napa Valley, the area in the northern portion of the Bay Area, is renowned for their vineyards, featuring over 400 wineries spread across 4,000 acres of land. Sports enthusiasts have ten professional sports games to root for. Whether its baseball, football, hockey or soccer, San Francisco or San Jose, Bay Area active adults will have plenty of games to attend.
Cost of Living & Taxes
San Francisco is one of the most expensive cities in the country, with a cost of living that s 48.8% higher than the national average while San Jose is 39.6% higher. Taken as a whole, the cost of living in all of the Bay Area s nine counties are approximately 15% to 50% higher than the national average. California also has an 8.25% sales tax rate and, combined with their county rates, sales taxes in Marin and San Mateo counties are around 9%. Also, all private, local, state, and federal pensions are fully taxed.
It s not all bad news for Bay Area active adult communities. Homeowners whose primary residence is in California can qualify for a $7,000 reduction in the taxable value of their property. There are also three tax relief programs for seniors in California for those with a low income, an option to postpone property tax payments, and to establish a property tax ceiling. Social Security benefits are also untaxed.
There are several hospitals in the Bay Area that 55+ residents can choose from. The UCSF Medical Center in San Francisco is one of the best in the region and was nationally ranked in eleven specialties. Also, the John Muir Medical Centers in Walnut Creek and Concord are well-known for orthopedic and diabetes centers. Active adults in San Jose have access to the Stanford Hospital and Clinic, associated with the renowned university and the El Camino Hospital in Mountain View. St. Joseph Health in Napa Valley is one of the Bay Area s premiere cancer care centers.
Share this page with friends and family!