- It's often said that buying a home is one of the most important decisions you'll make in your life. The importance of that decision guides much of the decision-making here at 55places.com, and we want to provide an unbiased and straightforward list of the pros and cons of living in an active adult community.
- We've selected four 55+ South Jersey communities for you to read about, and they'll provide you with a snapshot of what the area has to offer. If you don't see what you're looking for, don't worry. There are another 127 active adult communities in South Jersey that you can check out!
- Downsizing comes with freedom. It means less space to clean, fewer maintenance headaches, and a lifestyle that allows for travel, activities, and recreation. Active adults looking for Florida retirement homes for sale in Southeast Florida have some great options.
- Southern Arizona is filled with golf courses, and some of the best active adult communities have their own courses. With over 300 golf courses throughout Arizona, you're never far from a green, but for dedicated golf enthusiasts, it's even better if you can drive your golf cart from your front door to the course.
- If you're an avid golfer in Austin, you can enjoy your game on multiple courses. You can also choose to reside in a community with its own golf course. The Austin area is home to three golf course communities that allow golf enthusiasts to enjoy some of the city's finest courses right in their own neighborhood.Everyone talks about downsizing, but those who are truly serious about it may eventually make the move into a condo community. There's an excellent selection of 55+ neighborhoods in the Philadelphia area with condo homes for sale, including two within the city limits and others in the surrounding suburbs.
- A community transit bus is a key service for active adult neighborhoods because it helps people who might otherwise be stranded at home. It may not be easy to find a retirement community that has this kind of service, but we checked out the real estate in Long Island and found seven of them.Sonoma is a highly desirable and naturally beautiful place to put down roots. With dozens of renowned wineries, a number of Michelin-starred restaurants, ideal weather, and beautiful views of mountains and vineyards, it's no wonder so many active adults look to Sonoma for retirement.
- In the Northern Illinois village of Oswego, active adults can find a more comfortable pace of life in a small town that still provides close proximity to the world-class city of Chicago. Keep reading to explore three active adult communities with homes for sale in Oswego.From the sandy coastline to the Western North Carolina mountains, the Tar Heel State is home to more than 160 active adult communities, all of which have a lot to offer residents. However, there are a few that stand out from the rest for those active adults looking for somewhere to downsize.