- While early retirement may be a dream of many, it's important to know the benefits (as well as the drawbacks) of retiring early, and it's helpful to think about what a person might do and where they might live if they did indeed retire early. It's also important to learn more about what it takes to achieve this goal.
- Long Island certainly has more than its share of multi-million dollar homes, but it also has some very affordable--and delightful--retirement communities. For budget-minded homebuyers, here's a list of East Long Island 55+ communities with homes for sale under $250k.
- With sun, sand, and near-perfect weather, San Diego offers active adults a lot of attractive qualities. That popularity can drive housing prices up, but some may be surprised to learn that there are still some affordable 55+ communities in the San Diego area that are selling homes for $350k and under.
- Active adult home seekers will be delighted to know that K. Hovnanian has released the second section of its exclusive Four Seasons at Kent Island community. Phase II will include desirable homesites and resort-style, waterfront amenities. This upscale 55+ community broke ground on Maryland's Eastern Shore in 2018.It may not be the most inexpensive place to retire, but savvy active adult home seekers can find reasonably priced homes for sale in sought-after communities in North Jersey. Such communities offer low-maintenance living and proximity to modern conveniences, good health care, and outdoor recreation.
- Just off Interstate 75 and a short drive from cities like Tampa and Orlando, On Top of the World has homes for sale from below $100k to the low $400s. Here are five things any curious homebuyer looking for Ocala real estate should know about On Top of the World.Regency at Montaine, Castle Rock's newest 55+ community, is now selling brand new single-family homes to active adults ages 55 and better. Priced from the low $500s to the low $1Ms, these beautifully designed single-family homes offer luxury and comfort at a price tag to fit any budget.
- There are many reasons for active adults to consider moving to North Carolina's capital of Raleigh. And, while the city has much to offer its residents, it doesn't have to cost a fortune to live in the area. There are several active adult communities within the Raleigh area that offer affordable home prices.To guide your search for the country's best 55+ communities with brand-new homes, we compiled a list of the 10 best new communities in 2020. These five communities finished just outside the top 10 for this award but earned an honorable mention. Here's what they have to offer potential homebuyers.