- It's no surprise then that college towns have become something of a "sleeper" favorite for retirees looking for an off-the-beaten-path retirement experience. We've rounded up some of the best college towns to retire in to provide you with retirement options that offer so much more than shuffleboard or lounging by a pool.
- In addition to snowbirds, any active adults who want to downsize or enjoy an easier lifestyle find condos an ideal fit. If this lifestyle interests you, start your search with these five active adult communities that offer condominium homes in Northern Illinois.
- Homes for sale in Lancaster County can be very affordable, with some in more established 55+ communities priced in the mid $100s. If you're looking for new construction, you'll find prices ranging from the low $200s to the mid $600s. So what else makes this area so desirable?
- We don't like to brag (much), but there's lots of sunshine in the Sunshine State, which means gardeners can plant and grow all year long. When you're looking for a Florida retirement community that includes space to garden, consider some of these green thumb-friendly 55+ neighborhoods throughout the state.
- Maximizing your employer-provided investment benefits is critical if you want a comfortable, enjoyable retirement. But how do you do that? It requires a deep understanding of your employer's exact investment offerings--in most cases, a 401(a) or a 401(k) plan.Condo-living often equates to a more affordable, low-maintenance, and worry-free lifestyle than a traditional, single-family home may offer. Take a closer look below at four beautiful 55+ communities in Northern California offering condo-style homes.
- When searching for a home in Texas, many active adults look for neighborhoods where they can downsize. By moving to a smaller home, active adults can reduce their living expenses and free up more of their time since they don't need to maintain a large family home and yard.Active adults don't have to commit to buying a home to reside in this part of the Lone Star State. The Texas Hill Country offers a variety of 55+ communities that offer rental apartments. If you prefer to rent, check out our guide to active adult community rentals, and read on to explore five rental communities in Central Texas.
- Active adults looking for a new community in the Richmond area should be on the lookout for new homes near Brandermill. In September, Realty Ventures Group (RVG) submitted plans for a development that would include up to 799 homes, including age-restricted homes. They also plan to rezone the property for mixed-use.If you're looking at Gloucester County real estate and prefer new construction, here's some good news: There are four active adult neighborhoods with new construction homes. They're all on the smaller side, so feel free to register with a realtor to stay updated on their inventories.