- Price Range
- Mid $200s - Low $1Ms
- Home Types
- Attached, Single-Family
- Number of Homes
- Resale Homes Only
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 1989 - 1999
- Del Webb
- 9 reviews
Sun City Summerlin Overview
Sun City Summerlin is Del Webb’s first active adult community in Las Vegas, Nevada. This community is nestled within the Spring Mountain Range at an elevation of 3,000 feet. With 7,779 homes, Sun City Summerlin is the largest 55+ community in Nevada. The community boasts four clubhouses, three golf courses, and three restaurants among many other world-class amenities.
Del Webb's Sun City Summerlin is part of the Summerlin master-planned community on the western edge of Las Vegas. Summerlin is comprised of nearly 20 separate residential villages spread across 22,500 acres.
Homebuyers looking for homes for sale in Las Vegas, NV should consider everything Sun City Summerlin has to offer.
Sun City Summerlin Amenities
Sun City Summerlin boasts a vast array of amenities for homeowners to take advantage of. The centers of this development are the community's four clubhouses that house a variety of resort-style amenities. With so many options, there is never a shortage of opportunities to enjoy everything the community has to offer.
The Mountain Shadows Clubhouse includes an indoor spa, exercise room, and a table tennis area. The Mountain Shadows clubhouse is also where residents enjoy the terrific year-round Nevada climate, boasting six tennis courts, four shuffleboard courts, a racquetball court, an outdoor track, and more. Whether residents want to brush up on putting skills in the mini golf course or catch up with neighbors in the picnic area, the Mountain Shadows Clubhouse has plenty of recreational activities to choose from.
The Desert Vista Community Center is a 44,000 square-foot facility that hosts a grand ballroom with a dance floor and stage, as well as an fitness center and an aerobics studio. The activities continue outside with an outdoor pool and spa ideal for relaxing, four bocce ball courts for some friendly competition, two pickleball courts, and four lighted tennis courts.
Swimmers can enjoy the Sun Shadows Clubhouse, which is home to the community's Olympic-size indoor pool and spa. The clubhouse also acts as a meeting place for neighbors with several multipurpose rooms and card rooms, as well as an aerobics studio for staying in-shape. Outdoors, the Sun Shadows Clubhouse is home to four bocce ball courts.
The Pinnacle Clubhouse is the cultural center and is home to the 312-seat Starbright Theatre, which plays host to many popular theatrical and musical performances as well as movies and guest speakers. This clubhouse also features a multipurpose room, an exercise room, and a music room for the hobby musician. Residents also enjoy the clubhouse's outdoor pool and spa, four tennis courts, and the softball field for a game with neighbors.
Sun City Summerlin Golf
Golf enthusiasts will enjoy the lifestyle offered at Sun City Summerlin. Homeowners can play at three different golf courses throughout the expansive community. Each course was designed by the award-winning team of Hall-of-Famer Billy Casper and renowned golf course architect Greg Nash. The resident-owned courses offer yearly membership options and reduced fees for Sun City Summerlin residents.
There are two championship 18-hole courses and one executive 18-hole course. The Palm Valley Golf Course was the first course built in Sun City Summerlin and is located next to the Mountain Shadows Clubhouse. At 6,580 yards and a rating/slope of 72/127, it's the community's most challenging course.
The Eagle Crest Executive Course is conveniently located adjacent to the Pinnacle Clubhouse. This is a manageable 4,067-yard, par-60 course that offers panoramic views of the Las Vegas Valley. The Highland Falls Golf Course is a par-72, 6,512-yard course situated at an elevation of over 3,000 feet. This course features a sporty layout and dramatic elevation changes.
Each golf club offers great dining options. The Five Star Tavern in the Palm Valley course is the place to grab a quick snack at the turn or some drinks and dinner after a round. The Summit at Eagle Crest offers unsurpassed views and is ideal for banquets and large gatherings. The Tavern at the Falls at the Highland Falls course enjoys spectacular views of a cascading waterfall.
Sun City Summerlin Homes & Real Estate
Trusted homebuilder Del Webb designed Sun City Summerlin from 1989 to 1999. The master-planned community is comprised of 7,779 attached and single-family homes.
The attached homes come in 18 different models that range from approximately 1,003 to 1,757 square feet. These homes feature one to two bedrooms, one to two-and-a-half bathrooms, and attached one-and-a-half- or two-and-a-half car garage.
The single-family homes are offered across 24 unique floor plans that range from 1,086 to 2,895 square feet. These homes feature one to three bedrooms and two to two-and-a-half bathrooms. Each home has an attached two- or two-and-a-half-car garage.
Views of the golf course or homesites overlooking the Las Vegas Strip are customary on many of the homes in this community. Most homes also offer outdoor patios and ample storage space. Some homes also offer private outdoor pools.
Sun City Summerlin Lifestyle
Members of Sun City Summerlin can enjoy over 80 different clubs and interest groups there is something here for everyone. Residents who are interested in arts and crafts might enjoy the beading and jewelry club, ceramics, sewing or stained glass clubs. Sports and fitness enthusiasts can join any number of clubs such as golf, tennis, softball, pickleball, and hiking. Other popular groups include bridge, book discussion, canasta, bocce ball, community theater, and numerous dance clubs to name a few.
The community activities director custom tailors a fun-filled calendar designed around the requests of residents. There are many fitness classes such as yoga, aerobics, and pilates. For residents who want to continue their education, there are classes in everything from foreign languages to cooking in close proximity to the University of Las Vegas. Each month, a newsletter highlights the many activities and events offered in the community.
Residents of Sun City Summerlin can rest easy knowing the community’s homeowners’ association handles maintenance of common areas and amenities.
Las Vegas, NV Area
Sun City Summerlin is located just 20 minutes from the Las Vegas Strip. This prime location puts homeowners close to entertainment as well as daily conveniences.
Grocery stores such as Albertsons, Smith’s, Walmart, and Sprouts Farmers Market. Pharmaceutical needs can be met at Walgreens and CVS which are less than five minutes away.
The community is also close to several health care providers, such as Harbor Island Medical Center, Rainbow Medical Center, and MountainView Hospital.
When homeowners are looking for dining and entertainment options, they have the amenities of Las Vegas at their fingertips. There are also several casual eateries throughout the Summerlin master-planned neighborhood. The Las Vegas Strip is home to a variety of fine dining, bars, and retailers. Aside from the multitude of options offered by the attractions of the Las Vegas entertainment industry, the region is home to many other great cultural venues. The Nevada State Museum, The Las Vegas Natural History Museum, the Ethel-M Chocolate Factory, and Cactus Garden Tour are just a sample of some exciting nearby destinations. The University of Nevada Las Vegas offers many performing arts and theatrical shows.
For outdoor enthusiasts, Red Rock Canyon Conservation Area is only a few minutes from Sun City Summerlin. The Valley of Fire State Park, which is Nevada's first state park, is just 50 miles north. Lake Mead is only an hour to the east and offers great boating, fishing, skiing, and swimming.
Golfers can tee off at courses like Palm Valley Golf Course, Durango Hill Golf Club, and Angel Park Golf Club.
Homebuyers hoping to live close to Las Vegas can rest easy knowing they are just about 12 miles from The Strip. This location makes exploring everything the city has to offer a breeze. When it comes to long-distance travel, McCarran International Airport is just under a half-hour away.
Sun City Summerlin Amenities
Mountain Shadows Clubhouse
Mountain Shadows Clubhouse hosts most of the community's outdoor amenities including the 18-Hole Palm Valley Golf Course and the following amenities:
- Mountain Shadows Clubhouse
- Exercise Room
- Indoor Spa
- Table Tennis
- Five Star Tavern
- 18-Hole Palm Valley Golf Course
- Outdoor Lap Pool
- 6 Tennis Courts
- 4 Shuffleboard Courts
- Racquetball Court
- Mini Golf Course
- Outdoor Track
- 10 Horseshoe Pits
- Picnic Area
- Scenic Lakes & Ponds
Desert Vista Clubhouse
The 44,000 square-foot Desert Vista Clubhouse hosts the following amenities:
- Desert Vista Community Center - 44,000 Sq. Ft.
- Fitness Center
- Aerobics Room
- Grand Ballroom
- Billiards Room
- Ceramics Studio
- Arts & Crafts Studio
- Sewing Room
- Multi-Purpose Rooms
- Outdoor Pool & Spa
- 4 Tennis Courts
- 2 Pickleball Courts
- 4 Bocce Ball Courts
- Basketball Court
- 4 Horseshoe Pits
Sun Shadows Clubhouse
The Sun Shadows Clubhouse is a smaller community center that features the following indoor and outdoor amenities:
- Sun Shadows Clubhouse
- Olympic Indoor Pool & Spa
- Aerobics & Dance Studio
- Hobby & Game Room
- Meeting Rooms
- Computer Lab
- Cards Rooms
- Several Multi-Purpose Rooms
- 4 Bocce Ball Courts
Pinnacle Clubhouse acts as the community's cultural center and features the following amenities:
- Pinnacle Clubhouse
- 312-Seat Starbright Theater
- Exercise Room
- Multi-Purpose Room
- Woodworking Shop
- Massage Room
- Music Room
- The Summit Restaurant
- 18-Hole Eagle Crest Golf Course
- Outdoor Pool & Spa
- Outdoor Patio
- Outdoor Walking Trail
- 4 Tennis Courts
- Softball Field
Highland Falls Golf Course
The Highland Falls Golf Course is an 18-hole course designed by renowned architects Billy Casper and Greg Nash and features a full-service restaurant with the following amenities:
- 18-hole Highland Falls Golf Course
- Tavern at the Falls Restaurant
- Pro Shop
- Putting Green
- Driving Range
Sun City Summerlin Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in Sun City Summerlin. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- A Class Act Dance Company
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Alzheimer's Support Group
- Art Club
- Arthritis Exercises
- Beading & Jewelry
- Bocce Ball
- Book Club
- Boomer Connection
- Chamber Music
- Chicago/Midwest Club
- Classic Car Show
- Classical Music
- Coffee With the Board
- Community Theater
- Computer Club
- Conservatives' Club
- Cruise & Foreign Travel
- Dance Connection
- Ebony and Ivory
- Fishermen & Friends
- Fitness Classes
- Folk Ethnic Dancing
- Gin Rummy
- Gold, Silversmith & Lapidary
- Grandparents' Day
- Grief Support
- Gun Club
- Jewish Friendship
- Krafty Kritters
- Liberal Club
- Local Outings
- Mah Jongg
- Men's Club
- Men's Softball
- Military & Friends
- Model Builders
- New York Club
- Newcomers' Social
- Night Golf
- Nine & Wine
- Organ, Piano & Keyboard
- Paddle Tennis
- Pan Games
- Pancake Breakfast
- Racquetball & Handball
- Resident's Forum
- Security Patrol
- Just Sew Sewing Group
- Silver Foxes
- Silver, Lapidary & Glass Fusion
- Softball - Ladies
- Softball - Men's
- Stained Glass
- Strength Training
- Sunshine Service
- Table Tennis
- Tai Chi
- Theater Performances
- Women's Club
- Writers Workshop
Price Range: High $100s - Mid $300s
There are eighteen attached home options in Sun City Summerlin. Constructed between 1989 to 1999, these attached homes feature one to two bedrooms, one to two-and-a-half bathrooms, and an attached one to two-and-a-half car garage.View Floorplans
|Model Name||Sq. Ft.||Beds||Baths||Garage|
|Bristol||1062||1 + Den - 2||1||1.5|
|Carlsbd||1143||1 + Den - 2||2||1.5|
|Hanford||1327||1 + Den - 2||2||2|
|Cortez||1569||1 + Den - 2||2||2.5|
|Glenbrook||1731||2||2 - 2.5||2.5|
Single Family Homes
Price Range: Low $200s - Low $900s
The single family homes in Sun City Summerlin were constructed from 1989 to 1999. These homes range from 1,086 to 2,895 square feet and feature one to three bedrooms, two to two-and-a-half bathrooms, and an attached two to two-and-a-half-car garage.View Floorplans
|Model Name||Sq. Ft.||Beds||Baths||Garage|
|Sonora||1086||1 + Den - 2||2||2.5|
|Monarch||1353||1 + Den - 2||2||2.5|
|Royale||1519||1 + Den - 2 + Den||2||2.5|
|Versailles||1680||1 + Den - 2||2||2.5|
|Marquis||1848||1 + Den - 2||2||2.5|
|Sherwood||1996||2 + Den||2||2|
|Matara||2104||2 + Den - 3||2||2.5|
|Regal||2133||3 - 3 + Den||2||2.5|
|Windsor||2362||2 + Den - 3||2.5||2.5|
|Buckingham||2507||2 + Den - 3||2.5||2.5|
|Westminster||2895||2 + Den||2.5||2.5|
Sun City Summerlin Reviews
- Jenny and Wayne I.|September 18, 2020We retired in December 2019. Hooray! We had been working as Realtors for the last 20 years. We were looking to move out of California so we could really retire. We were looking for a place with no snow and sunny days and low cost of living. We also wanted a community with a lot of activities. I love meeting people, Dancing, and working out. My husband enjoys table tennis and Tennis. I spent about three months on the internet researching various retirement communities. SCS met our needs perfectly. There was no need to drive all over Arizona and Nevada looking. We were able to focus on finding our house in Sun City. As soon as we drove into the community, we knew that this was the place for us. With 4 club houses, 3 golf courses and over 80 clubs doing different things, we knew we would be happy here. All the people are so nice, we feel very comfortable and the mountain views are spectacular. We bought our house in March, but had to wait in California as Covid made selling our house there difficult. We finally sold our California home and moved to Sun City July 7th. We are enjoying the amenities and getting to know the area. Everything is very convenient.
- Rick H.|October 12, 2018I like the community - however it is lacking in several areas......the Ideal Community Management group that manages much of the community such as maintenance - only address issues one can see from the street. Where I live the back area which is owned and maintained by this group has repeatedly failed to acknowledge my issues that behind my home the sprinklers do not work, what little grass that was there has died, the majority of the yard is nothing but tree roots sticking up 4 to 5 inches above the dirt, the bushes have dies or are dying, and the dividing was is infested with spider nests plus dead limbs have been laying on the ground for over a month. I have emailed, called, sent pictures and still no response even though I pay hundred and hundreds of dollars a month in maintenance fees. So if you are looking and your back yard is not a golf course view don't expect the property management group to care about your concerns
- Michael K.|June 22, 2018I feel so fortunate that I decided to buy in Sun City Summerlin. I visited numerous ageresticted communities throughout the country and Sun City Summerlin stood head and shoulders above the rest. Our community is stunningly beautiful, immaculate and active.
- Gene and Debbie (Resident/Homeowner)|March 3, 2016Before we moved here last year from WA state, I was a tired 72 year old retiree. We bought thinking we could sedately retreat into retirement. How WRONG we were. Instead of being sedate, our schedule is fuller now than at any time in the past 20 years. Yesterday we were on the LV strip at Planet Hollywood watching Murray the Magician (plus having dinner after the show). Today my wife is going to one of her classes and I am going to a committee meeting. Tomorrow we will be attending the weekly 60s and 70s Rock and Roll dance at the community restaurant. The day after, we will be at the annual Home and Garden show at the community activity center. Sunday, it will be a day of rest. And then on Monday, unfortunately I have a doctor's appointment. But on Tuesday I have a community health seminar on diabetes and on Wednesday afternoon, I have a regularly scheduled card game. I am still tired, but it's not from feeling sorry for myself; it's from being the most active I have ever been in my life...and I love it.
- Ken M.(Resident/Homeowner)|September 25, 2015I have only been in Sun City Summerlin for a very short time but I have been very happy with my descion. The pictures you see here are what the community really looks like. The grounds are beautiful, the restaurants are nice, they have great views. When walking around the community you have gorgeous views of the mountains, the LV valley and the LV strip, especially at night. And everyone has been so very friendly and helpful
- Carrie and Max (Resident/Homeowner)|December 28, 2014We've lived here about 15 years. One might think after all this time I might have found something significant to complain about but the truth is...I haven't. Living in Sun City is a permanent vacation. I might miss the beach but, on the other hand, we have indoor and outdoor pools so I have access to water 12 months a year. The homes and grounds are very well maintained. The HOA fees are more than reasonable for the services and upkeep provided. When we left the east coast many people asked if we knew anyone here. I said yes, I have a lot of friends in Sun City; I'm just waiting to meet them! (My attitude has served me well.) If you're interested in a beautiful retirement community with many activities and clubs this may well be an environment you wish to consider.
- Linda and Jake Passer (Resident/Homeowner)|July 5, 2014We purchased a home in Sun City Summerlin in March and have not yet spent much time there but after researching several 55+ communities, we knew on our initial drive through the beautiful community that it was where we wanted to buy a second home. The community offers a very impressive amount of both indoor and outdoor activities. The Association is very well organized and very responsive to newcomers. Close proximity to shopping, restaurants, medical facilities, etc. was also a huge factor in our decision to purchase a home in Sun City Summerlin.
We are looking forward to becoming a part of the community and enjoying all that Sun City Summerlin has to offer.
Linda and Jake
- Susan L.(Resident/Homeowner)|August 31, 2013We've lived here for almost 5 years and love it! We are very active in the community and enjoy making the most of every day. It's been great having the time and the facilities available to try lots of new things. The golf here is fabulous as are the restaurants. When we purchased a home here there were plenty of resale options to choose from. It was kind of a hard choice to pick the perfect one! Really, it's more about the amenities and the lifestyle here rather than our home.
- TED AND SUSAN SOCHA (Resident/Homeowner)|April 27, 2013Our review must be short for we are new residents and are looking forward to meeting new people and sharing in the communities events. Our conception of Sun City Summerlin has been positive.
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of Sun City Summerlin. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding Sun City Summerlin has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.