NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up and who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of The United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of 55places.com, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Neighborhoods.com, LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on June 07, 2017 at 12:00 AM CST and ending June 30, 2017 at 11:59 PM CST. All online entries must be received by June 30, 2017 at 11:59 CST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3BD93NC. The entry must fulfill all campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of 55places.com. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. You may only enter using the Gleam app entry methods available. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of 55places.com.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive an Apple iPad with a retail value of approximately $329.99. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by 55places.com. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at 55places.com's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for 55places.com to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of 55places.com. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. 55places.com shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT 55PLACES.COM‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that 55places.com, anyone acting on behalf of 55places.com, and 55places.com’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond 55places.com’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, 55places.com may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by 55places.com. 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. 55places.com has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, 55places.com reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless 55places.com and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 55 Places, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S. Requests must be received no later than July 12, 2017.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Neighborhoods.com, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S.
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by 55places.com is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. Write-in Entry: You may write in one entry at the address below. Sweepstakes eligibility will be determined by the date the write-in entry is received. We do not accept entries from third parties.
1525 W Homer St.
Chicago, IL 60613
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, or MailChimp.
Florida active adults looking for a great age-restricted or age-targeted community should consider one of the many communities in Palm Beach County. There are sunny beaches, tranquil lakes, varied attractions and endless entertainment opportunities spread throughout Palm Beach County. Most of the active adult communities in the area offer well-built, low-maintenance homes along with great resort-style amenities. Some of the more notable Palm Beach County active adult communities include Huntington Lakes, Winston Trails, The Cascades and Valencia Isles.
Climate & Geography
The weather in Palm Beach County is certainly a draw for many active adult retirees. The winters maintain a daytime average temperature of 74 degrees, while an average summer day will reach 90 degrees. There is plenty of sunshine year-round, making Palm Beach County an ideal location for those who enjoy outdoor recreation.
Palm Beach County is one of Florida's largest counties. It spans 1,971 square miles of land, not including its 488,000-acre Lake Okeechobee. This diverse county includes a 45-mile stretch of coastal shoreline known as the Gold Coast, as well as the lush Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge. In fact, Palm Beach County is larger than two states: Delaware and Rhode Island. By population, Palm Beach County is Florida's third largest county. Its boundaries enclose many popular destinations such as West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach and Wellington. The eastern portions of Palm Beach County support thriving urban centers, while its central and western areas provide more rural or suburban settings.
Recreation, Culture & Entertainment
Many recreational and cultural attractions are found throughout Palm Beach County. There are numerous parks, hiking trails and beaches. Residents and visitors enjoy prime fishing, water sports and other outdoor activities. The area has also been called the "Golf Capital of the World" as it offers more than 150 public and private golf courses.
Active adults living in Palm Beach County have access to endless choices for entertainment. Some of the more notable attractions in the area include the South Florida Science Museum, Mounts Botanical Garden, Norton Museum of Art, and Kravis Center for the Performing Arts.
Retirees and active adults looking to further their education can select from numerous colleges and universities in the area that offer continuing education courses such as Florida Atlantic University, Palm Beach State College, and Northwood University. Sports fans will enjoy all the action that comes through Palm Beach County including baseball spring training for the Miami Marlins and the St. Louis Cardinals as well as the PGA Tour.
Those looking to enjoy recreation inside their community have many options. As one of Boynton Beach s largest age-restricted communities, Palm Isles boasts a 50,000 square-foot clubhouse, tennis courts, and fitness facilities. An activities director is also on staff at the community to ensure residents have a full calendar of events they can attend such as card clubs, creative writing, movie society, dance classes, and computer club.
Cost of Living & Taxes
The cost of living in Palm Beach County is just above the national average. The state enforces a sales tax of 6% on all goods sold. While property taxes are among the highest in the country, there are several exemptions. One exemption that may catch the eye of Florida active adults is the Senior Citizen Exemption. This exemption is available in certain counties only and is valued up to $50,000 for residents 65 and older with a gross income below $20,000. The median home cost in Palm Beach County is $142,800.
Active adults concerned about the level of healthcare in Palm Beach County can rest assured they are in a great area. There are numerous hospitals and medical centers in the area offering world-class healthcare. The John F. Kennedy Medical Center in West Palm Beach is one of the top cardiovascular hospitals in the country. They also offer excellent care in the way of emergency services and orthopedics.
Share this page with friends and family!