NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up and who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of The United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of 55places.com, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Neighborhoods.com, LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on June 07, 2017 at 12:00 AM CST and ending June 30, 2017 at 11:59 PM CST. All online entries must be received by June 30, 2017 at 11:59 CST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3BD93NC. The entry must fulfill all campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of 55places.com. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. You may only enter using the Gleam app entry methods available. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of 55places.com.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive an Apple iPad with a retail value of approximately $329.99. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by 55places.com. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at 55places.com's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for 55places.com to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of 55places.com. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. 55places.com shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT 55PLACES.COM‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that 55places.com, anyone acting on behalf of 55places.com, and 55places.com’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond 55places.com’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, 55places.com may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by 55places.com. 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. 55places.com has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, 55places.com reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless 55places.com and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 55 Places, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S. Requests must be received no later than July 12, 2017.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Neighborhoods.com, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S.
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by 55places.com is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. Write-in Entry: You may write in one entry at the address below. Sweepstakes eligibility will be determined by the date the write-in entry is received. We do not accept entries from third parties.
1525 W Homer St.
Chicago, IL 60613
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, or MailChimp.
Active adults choose to purchase homes within a 55+ community in Iowa for many reasons. Whether it s remaining close to friends and family or seeking the laidback Midwestern lifestyle, there are many reasons retirees and working adults stick to Iowa.
While many don t think of age-restricted communities in Iowa due to winters and rural areas, there are many things to consider. Residents of active adult communities in Iowa enjoy a relatively low cost of living, friendly environment, and great quality of life.
Climate & Geography
Like most states in the Midwest region of the United States, Iowa has a humid continental climate. This means 55+ communities in Iowa experience a four-season climate with extremes of both heat and cold. Iowa sees thunderstorms about 50 days per year and tornado season is during the spring and summer months. Summers in Iowa are hot and humid while the winter seasons see plenty of snowfall.
Situated in the Midwest, Iowa is often referred to as the "American Heartland . Though many may think Iowa is a flat state, it is filled with rolling hills. Active adult communities in Iowa have easy access to other Midwest states including Wisconsin and Illinois to the east, Missouri to the south, Nebraska and South Dakota to the west, and Minnesota to the north.
Recreation, Culture & Entertainment
Iowa has historic sites and museums as well as parks and art galleries. The capital of Iowa, Des Moines, is home to the State Capitol building that hosts guided tours. Residents of 55+ communities in Iowa can visit the Capitol grounds World War II memorial. Also, the West Capitol Terrace hosts a people s park with ten acres of lush landscaping and picturesque views. The State of Iowa Historical Museum is not only a museum but also has a library, archives, and research center in Des Moines.
Those looking for art and culture can visit the Des Moines Metro Opera, The Temple for Performing Arts and The Des Moines Playhouse - all of which host live theater, comedy shows, and performance art events. Popular festivals and events include the annual Des Moines Arts Festival in June, Metra Art Jazz in July, the Iowa State Fair in August, and the World Food Festival in October. Whether shopping for locally grown produce at the farmers market or attending a craft event, 55+ homebuyers will enjoy Iowa s small town charm with plenty to do throughout the year.
Dubuque, Iowa is also home to many attractions near active adult communities in Iowa. Popular attractions include St. Luke s United Methodist Church, Eagle Point Park, Fenelon Place Elevator Co., and the National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium. Other recreational opportunities in Dubuque are the Dubuque Arboretum and Botanical Gardens, Mines of Spain Recreational Area, Art of the River, and Crystal Lake Cave.
Cedar Rapids is a popular area for historic sites, museums, and attractions as well. Baseball fans can attend a Cedar Rapids Kernels game while history buffs can visit the historic Brucemore house or National Czech & Slovak Museum and Library. Other popular cities include Sioux City, Davenport, Waterloo, and Iowa City.
Cost of Living & Taxes
Those who choose to retire in an active adult community in Iowa enjoy a low cost of living. The cost of living in the state of Iowa is about eleven percent lower than the national average. Working adults will be pleased to know that the unemployment rate in Iowa is well below the national average too. Iowa collects income taxes in nine brackets that range from .36% to 8.98% and a sales tax at 6%.
55+ communities in Iowa have access to about 125 hospitals, one of which is nationally ranked and nine others have high-performing specialties. The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City have been ranked number one in the state for numerous specialties. Other top hospitals include Genesis Medical Center in Davenport, UnityPoint Health-St. Luke s Hospital in Cedar Rapids, Iowa Methodist Medical Center in Des Moines, and Alegent Creighton Mercy Hospital in in Council Bluffs.
Share this page with friends and family!