- Price Range
- Low $300s - Mid $600s
- Home Types
- Number of Homes
- New Homes Only
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 2016 - Present
- Brookfield Residential
- 6 reviews
Kissing Tree Overview
Kissing Tree is a 55+ community in San Marcos, TX. Brookfield Residential currently has plans to develop 3,200 single-family homes, making this community one of the largest in the state once complete. True to Brookfield Residential's reputation, Kissing Tree will have unique amenities geared towards the discerning 55+ homebuyer.
Kissing Tree Amenities
The Mix, the name of the 20-acre amenity campus, was built in 2017 to be the community's social and physical hub. Independence Hall, the community clubhouse, includes amenities rarely found in other 55+ communities. Homeowners here have the chance to enjoy a biergarten and an indoor/outdoor bar. A demonstration kitchen, community classroom, billiards tables, live-music stage, as well as Sam's Café, fire pits, and more are also available to residents of Kissing Tree.
Outside the clubhouse the amenities continue with 8 pickleball courts, 6 bocce ball courts, horseshoe pits, golf driving range, putting greens, and 15 miles of walking and biking trails. Homeowners enjoy an 18-hole putting course and a semi-private 18-hole golf course. Afterwards, residents can enjoy a meal at the golf clubhouse restaurant.
Residents are also be able to stay in shape at the fitness center or go for a few laps in the indoor pool. Other outdoor amenities include a resort-style pool, patio, fire pit, and a barbecue area so residents can make the most out of the year-round outdoor culture of Texas Hill Country.
Kissing Tree Homes & Real Estate
Kissing Tree plans to include 3,200 residences upon completion. These homes will be built by Brookfield Residential, which will offer 18 different floor plans to choose from. They will range in size from 1,424 to 3,398 square feet. They will include one to four bedrooms, one-and-a-half to three bathrooms, and attached two or three-car garages. All models with come with a range of options such as gourmet kitchens, outdoor living spaces, as well as ample storage space, and casitas.
Kissing Tree Lifestyle
An on-site activities director facilitates more than 100 clubs, and a variety of events and activities for residents. Just some of these activities include things like book clubs, luncheons, happy hours, game nights, and much more.
San Marcos is becoming one of the premier towns in Central Texas as it's halfway between San Antonio and Austin. While it's within driving distance to these two world-class destinations, San Marcos is a popular destination in its own right and was the fastest growing city in the country in 2015. Residents of Kissing Tree are just a stone's throw away from all their shopping needs because San Marcos Outlets is just down the street. This massive shopping complex has clothing stores, restaurants, and a Neiman Marcus. Within a few minutes from the community is also a Target, JCPenney, Sam's Club, and movie theater. Both San Antonio and Austin, with incredible restaurants, museums, galleries, and culture are 45 miles away. Kissing Tree is a truly astonishing active adult community coming to Texas.
Kissing Tree Amenities
Kissing Tree's amenities include the following:
- The Mix
- Independence Hall Social Building
- Fitness Center
- Tarbox & Brown Restaurant
- Golf Pro Shop
- Golf SImulator
- Indoor Junior Olympic Swimming Pool
- Hobby & Game Room
- Arts & Crafts Studio
- Community Classroom
- Food Studio
- Indoor/Outdoor Bar
- Resort-Style Outdoor Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Patio
- Tennis Courts
- 4 Horseshoe Pits
- 6 Bocce Ball Courts
- 8 Pickleball Courts
- BBQ Area
- Fire Pit
- Driving Range
- Practice Green
- 18-Hole Golf Course
- 18-Hole Putting Course
- Event Stage
- 18 Miles of Hiking Trails
Kissing Tree Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in Kissing Tree. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- 42 Dominoes
- Adventurers Club
- Art Workshops
- Arts & Crafts
- Athletic Events
- Bible Study
- Bicycle Club
- Birdwatchers Club
- Bocce Ball Leage
- Book Clubs
- Boot Camp Fitness Class
- Cooking Demonstrations
- Craft Beer Events
- Disc Golf
- Dog Lovers Club
- Fun Bridge
- Fun Ones Singles Group
- Game Nights
- Happy Hours
- Hill Country Trips
- Holiday Parties
- Ladies' Luncheon
- Live Music
- Music Club
- Quilting Groups
- Rosary Warriors
- Social Events
- Stand Up Paddle Boards
- Table Tennis
- Tai Chi
- Travelers Club
- Veterans Club
- Wine Tastings
- Women's Golf
- Writers Club
Price Range: Low $200sView Floorplans
Price Range: Mid $200sView Floorplans
Single Family Homes
Price Range: High $200s - Low $500s
Brookfield Residential began development of Kissing Tree in 2016 and will build 3,200 single-family homes upon completion. These homes will range in size from approximately 1,300 to 3,500 square feet and will have gourmet kitchens, outdoor living spaces, as well as ample storage space. Please Note: Some floor plans are not available at this time.View Floorplans
|Model Name||Sq. Ft.||Beds||Baths||Garage|
|The Wheaton||1830||2 - 2 + Den||2||2|
|The Tulane||2063||2 + Den||2.5||2|
|The Trinity||2262||2 + Den||2.5||2|
|The Grinell||2089||2 + Den||2.5||2|
|The Emerson||2199||2 + Den||2||2|
|The Clarkson||2293||2 + Den||2.5||2|
|The Bryant||2383||2 + Den - 3||2.5||2|
|The Vassar||2493||3 + Den||2.5||2 - 2.5|
|The Bryn Mawr||3079||3 + Den||2.5||2|
|The Pomona||3172||2 + Den - 3||2.5||3|
|The Bard||3513||4 + Den||3||3|
Kissing Tree Reviews
- Denise D.|October 8, 2019My husband and I have lived at Kissing Tree since May 2019 and have really enjoyed the entire experience from building to moving to living here. Their events are wonderful and we have enjoyed all the classes. Our neighbors have all been so great and we look forward to many years of wonderful living at KT. 5 STARS for sure!
- Steven R.|April 3, 2019We have been under contract for over a year and a half and just received another delay notice. Unfortunately the build process has been excruciating. We experienced the same events that Scott B. mentioned and more. I keep hearing things are getting better, but that has certainly not been our experience. I would honestly wait awhile to see if things improve before I could recommend buying here.
You can see how enthusiastic we were by my previous posting.
I am trying hard to keep the faith. We just hope the community is everything we anticipate it to be.
I do have to mention, the vast majority of the people we have worked with are some of the finest people I have ever worked with.
I will update on the community if our home is ever finished.
Two stars because of the concept and great people.
- Art M.|January 3, 2019My wife and I are excited about our numerous visits to Kissing Tree including playing one round of golf on their beautiful 18-hole course. We have not signed anything yet although we have an idea on our lot and home. We hope we don't experience similar problems as Scott B. has mentioned in his post. I hope Scott B. posts an update soon. We are also hopeful that KT will offer an incentive to buy. We missed out on the last one that expired in November. :(
- Cameron |October 2, 2017Got a chance to come back and see some progress on the community and it is very exciting to see. They have a lot of homes built and finished already and they have broken ground on the clubhouse campus!
- Steve R.|August 30, 2017After several visits to our daughter and her family in Lakeway TX, my wife and I decided we wanted to live in the Teaxs Hill country. We have lived in California our entire lives so we spent a fair amount of time looking at all of the 55 and better communities in the hill country. We were very excited when we found Kissingtree. The location, the choices of homes, the young vibe, the amenities, and the choices of modifications to homes made Kissingtree an absolute NO brainer. We are waiting for a lot and home combination that has everything we want. Hope they release more lots soon. Can't wait to call Kissingtree home
- William M.|May 15, 2017This is going to be an incredible community. It sounds like a lot of the facilities will be in by the end of this year and when they are, the residents here will be very busy. The homes are extremely unique and there are enough choices to find a style for everyone. Very excited to see how this community grows.
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of Kissing Tree. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding Kissing Tree has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.