- Price Range
- High $100s - High $300s
- Home Types
- Number of Homes
- Resale Homes Only
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 1997 - 2013
- D.R. Horton
- 5 reviews
Arizona Traditions Overview
Arizona Traditions in Surprise, AZ offers a small community feel with big community attractions. With 1,700 homes, it is significantly smaller than some of the large-scale active adult communities of the Phoenix northwest valley. Yet, it offers world-class amenities and an exciting lifestyle.
D.R. Horton designed this community to meet the requests of retirees who wanted an active lifestyle community in a smaller, more intimate setting. Unlike some of the larger Sun City communities of the area, Arizona Traditions focused on creating a community that offered a small-town-like charm with close-knit neighbors.
Arizona Traditions Amenities
There is an exciting array of amenities and social activity available to the residents of Arizona Traditions. The 20,400 square-foot clubhouse is the central hub for community activities. It includes a 700-person ballroom, arts and crafts studios, library and state-of-the-art fitness center.
Outside, residents enjoy three pools, a softball field, biking trails, bocce ball, shuffleboard, pickleball and tennis courts. The 18-hole Arizona Traditions Golf Course designed by Dick Bailey winds throughout the community. It provides an exciting and challenging round for golfers of all skill levels. After a round of golf, many residents like to gather with friends at the Arizona Traditions Bar. It offers a sports bar for cocktails.
Arizona Traditions Homes & Real Estate
The first home was built in 1997 and in 2013 D.R. Horton finished this active adult community with 1,768 homes inside of Arizona Traditions. Buyers can select from single-family homes that range in size from 1,105 to 2,391 square feet. Many of the homes feature some of the latest sought after design features and upgraded finishes. Select home sites provide magnificent golf course and mountain views.
Arizona Traditions Lifestyle
Whether you are focused on your socially or physically active lifestyle, you'll be sure to find an activity to attend or club to join that suits your unique interests. Arizona Traditions encourages an active lifestyle with a large range of activities that are regularly held in the community. Residents often meet for cards and table games, crafts, sports, fitness classes, and plenty of social groups.
While separated from the hustle and bustle of other nearby active adult communities, residents of the Traditions are close to their desired shopping and cultural attractions. Within a mile, there are numerous everyday shopping conveniences such a grocery store, pharmacy and restaurants. Plus, Arrowhead Mall, West Valley Art Museum and numerous sporting venues are within 20 to 30 minutes.
It is nestled near the base of the White Tank Mountains just west of the 303 transit corridor. Here, sprawling subdivisions meet untainted Arizona desert. Since opening in 1997, Arizona Traditions has been heralded as an oasis for adults who want age-restricted living without crowds and congestion.
Arizona Traditions Amenities
- Community Center - 20,400 Sq. Ft.
- Ballroom - 8,300 Sq. Ft.
- Sports Bar
- State-of-the-Art Fitness Center
- Aerobics Studio
- Card Room
- Game Room
- Ceramics Studio
- Stained Glass Studio
- Arts & Crafts Studio
- Sewing Studio
- Woodworking Shop
- 18-Hole Traditions Golf Course
- 3 Outdoor Pools
- 4 Tennis Courts
- 2 Bocce Ball Courts
- Pickleball Courts
- Shuffleboard Courts
- Horseshoe Pits
- Softball Field
- Biking Trails
- Parks & Natural Space
Arizona Traditions Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in Arizona Traditions. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- Bartenders Club
- Bible Study
- Book Club
- Bowling Club
- Caterers Club
- Ceramics Club
- Chime Choir
- Cliff Castle Casino
- Creative Rubber Stamping
- Dance Lessons
- Genealogy Club
- Golf Clubs
- Grief Club
- Hand and Foot
- Hiking Club
- Line Dancing
- Mah Jongg
- Men's Softball
- Newcomers & Neighbors Club
- Photo Scrapbooking
- Red Hat Society
- RV Club
- Singles Club
- Stained Glass
- Theater Group
- Water Volleyball
- Women's Softball
Single Family Homes
Price Range: Mid $100s - Mid $300s
Built between 1997 and 2013, there are 1,768 single-family homes inside of Arizona Traditions. These low-maintenance homes were designed for active adults with one-level living. Ranging from 1,052 to 2,319 square feet in size most homes offer one to three bedrooms, two or two-and-a-half bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage.View Floorplans
|Model Name||Sq. Ft.||Beds||Baths||Garage|
|Orangewood||1052||1 + Den - 2||2||2 - 2.5|
|Encanto||1105||2 + Den||2||2 - 3|
|Arcadia||1283||1 + Den - 2||2||2|
|Ocotillo||1402||2 + Den||2||2|
|Idylwilde||1439||2 - 2 + Den||2||2|
|Saguaro||1515||2 + Den||2||2|
|Hermosa||1666||2 + Den||2||3 - 3.5|
|Willo||1666||2 + Den||2||2.5|
|Jokake||1699||2 + Den||2||2|
|Coronado||1704||2 + Den||2||2|
|La Posada||1704||2 + Den||2||3|
|Westward Ho||1728||2 + Den - 3||2||2 - 2.5|
|Ingleside||1829||2 + Den - 3||2 - 2.5||2 - 2.5|
|Biltmore||1957||2 - 2 + Den||2 - 2.5||2 - 2.5|
|Papago||2213||2 + Den||2.5||2|
|Sonoran||2268||2 + Den||2||2|
|Phoenician||2319||2 + Den - 3||2 - 2.5||2 - 2.5|
Arizona Traditions Reviews
- Sue R.|July 11, 2020We have lived in AZT since 1997. The community is small and that was a big reason for moving here. Over the years as residents, we felt many decisions our elected board were good and for the betterment of our community, not so much anymore. Second, there are several areas that would be great for a pet area which they will not allow. This is NOT a FRIENDLY PET community. You are welcome to walk your fur baby, no place for them to run and play!
- Mary D.|April 16, 2019AZT is like living in paradise. Private and away from city yet all kinds of everything right outside of the development. Very friendly and very active community.
- Frank and Dorna Minice (Resident/Homeowner)|January 15, 2017Dorna and I moved here 10 years ago from Arrowhead Ranch. We love this friendly neighborhood where everybody keeps their homes looking great and the neighbors are a friendly crowd. We appreciate the 55 + active lifestyle, friendly activity centers, bar and resturant and all the other emenities. Traditions has all the amenities of much bigger places but keeps that small neighborhood charm.
- Cameron M.|December 10, 2016Very nice 55+ development with a great clubhouse. Just down the street from all the shopping and growth off Bell Rd.
- Susan L.(Resident/Homeowner)|October 18, 2013Arizona Traditions is nice because it is much smaller than many of the other huge communities so popular in our area. I didn't want to be living in such a big community but I still wanted all the nice amenities. We've got a good clubhouse here, golf course, restaurant, pools, gym, trails ... everything we need, and it is a gated neighborhood! Our home here is lovely and the people living here are very nice. My husband and I are both very active in the community and have made lots of new friends since we moved here a couple years ago.
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of Arizona Traditions. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding Arizona Traditions has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.