- Price Range
- High $100s - High $500s
- Home Types
- Attached, Single-Family
- Number of Homes
- New And Resale Homes
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 2004 - Present
- Meritage Homes
- 21 reviews
Province is a 55+ community in Maricopa, Arizona composed of new and resale homes. This expansive community has designated over 30 percent of the land as parks and open space. There are 50 acres of scenic lakes and waterways, providing homeowners with ample opportunity to explore the outdoors. The community is also home to an extensive list of resort-style amenities. Interested homebuyers will be able to choose from multiple home collections and floor plans.
Those looking for homes for sale in Maricopa, AZ will enjoy what Province has to offer.
Residents of Province have access to a wide variety of amenities. The center of amenities is the community’s 32,000-square-foot clubhouse. The clubhouse features a state-of-the-art fitness center and indoor pool to stay active at. Homeowners can also take advantage of the clubhouse’s cafe, ballroom, library, billiards, card room as well as a computer lab and conference room. The clubhouse is also home to an aerobics & dance studio, sewing studio, and ceramics studio.
The amenities continue outdoors as members of the community can enjoy a resort-style pool and patio. The outdoor amenities also include a multitude of sports courts, such as courts for tennis, bocce ball, shuffleboard, basketball, and pickleball, as well as horseshoe pits. Province also offers an 18-hole putting green.
Additional outdoor amenities such as an amphitheater, walking & biking, 50 acres scenic lakes, 125 acres of parks & natural space provide plenty of outdoor recreation for homeowners to enjoy. All of the lakes are stocked with fish for catch and release fishing.
Learn more about the amenities offered at Province here!
Province Homes & Real Estate
Meritage Homes began construction of Province in 2004. Engle Homes also built homes in Province that are now available on a resale only basis. Upon completion, the community will offer 2,217 single-family and attached homes. These new and resale homes come in 10 distinct model collections.
The Villas collection by Engle Homes offers seven attached floor plans. These models range from 1,172 to 1,725 square feet. These duplex homes feature one to three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and attached two-car garages. Three of the models also include den spaces.
The single-family homes by Meritage Homes features seven models that offer 1,690 to 2,553 square feet. The homes have two to three bedrooms, two to three bathrooms, and attached two- or three-car garages. Some homes feature den spaces and half bathrooms.
The Verdana Collection by Meritage Homes features three single-family floor plans that range from 1,214 to 1,564 square feet. These homes include two bedrooms and bathrooms, as well as attached two-car garages.
The Vista Collection by Meritage Homes has three single-family homes that range from 1,629 to 1,835 square feet. These homes also offer two bedrooms, den spaces, and two bathrooms. Each home has attached two-car garages.
Pinnacle Collection by Meritage also features three single-family home models. These homes range from 2,012 to 2,419 square feet with two to three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and attached two- or three-car garages.
Province Villages is another collection of resale homes by Engle Homes that feature three single-family home models. These homes range from 1,487 to 1,736 square feet with two to three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and attached two- to two-and-a-half-car garages. Two of these models also feature den spaces.
The Province Traditions collection by Engle Homes includes four single-family homes that offer 1,801 to 2,213 square feet. These homes have two to four bedrooms, den spaces, and two to three bathrooms. Each home has two to three-and-a-half-car garages.
The Province Estates is another resale collection by Engle Homes that offers four single-family floor plans. These homes range from 2,225 to 2,830 square feet with two to four bedrooms, den spaces, and two-and-a-half bathrooms to three-and-a-half bathrooms. Every home has attached two- to three-garages.
The Preserve at Province by Meritage Homes features five single-family homes that range from 1,333 to 1,905 square feet. These homes have two to three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and two-car garages. Three of these models also offer den spaces.
Home prices in Province are generally more affordable than in other active adult communities closer to Phoenix. Buyers in Province can choose from ranch-style single-family homes and attached villas. Floor plans range in size from 1,155 to over 2,800 square feet.
In 2009 Meritage bought the community. There are resale and new homes available with floor plans ranging from 1,155 to 3,100 square feet. Every home in the community offers single-story living, making it an ideal choice for those looking to live a low-maintenance lifestyle.
Many of the homes throughout the community offer water-efficient and energy-efficient features. Some of the single-family homes also include private outdoor pools.
Learn more about the home models offered at Province here!
Members of the Province community live a low-maintenance lifestyle thanks to the Province Community Association that provides common area maintenance and landscaping throughout the community. With less to worry about, homeowners can enjoy the many activities Province has to offer.
A diverse mix of social and fitness activities provides the residents of Province the opportunity to lead a physically active and socially stimulating lifestyle. Several dozen clubs and interest groups that range from hiking and golf to ceramics and oil painting meet on a regular basis.
Learn more about the lifestyle offered at Province here!
Maricopa, AZ Area
Province is located in Maricopa, which is 38 miles south of Downtown Phoenix. This ideal location allows residents to live in a tranquil setting while still having access to daily conveniences and exciting opportunities.
Grocery shopping can be done at Fry’s Marketplace, Albertsons, and Walmart. Pharmacy needs can be met at Walgreens and CVS, both of which are less than 10 minutes away.
Province is also close to several health care providers, such as Banner Health Center, Chandler Regional Medical Center, and Maricopa Wellness Center.
When homeowners are looking for dining and entertainment they can travel along North John Wayne Parkway, which is home to several restaurants, bars, and shops. Additional venues to explore include Ak-Chin Him-Dak Eco-Museum and Casa Grande Ruins National Monument.
Nature lovers can enjoy being located close to parks such as Copper Sky Park, Maricopa Meadows Park, and Sorrento Park. Golfers can tee off at courses like The Duke At Rancho El Dorado, Ak-Chin Southern Dunes Golf Club, and Bear Creek Golf Complex.
Those who are looking to visit metropolitan areas are in luck as Province is just 35 miles from Phoenix, making it easy to take advantage of everything the city has to offer. When it comes to long-distance travel, Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is about 40 minutes away.
- Clubhouse - 32,000 Sq. Ft.
- State-of-the-Art Fitness Center
- Indoor Pool
- Aerobics & Dance Studio
- Ceramics Studio
- Arts & Crafts Studio
- Sewing Studio
- Card Room
- Computer Lab
- Conference Room
- Outdoor Pool
- Outdoor Patio
- 4 Tennis Courts
- 2 Bocce Ball Courts
- Pickleball Courts
- Shuffleboard Courts
- 2 Horseshoe Pits
- Basketball Court
- 18-Hole Putting Green
- 50 Acres of Scenic Lakes
- 125 Acres of Parks & Natural Space
- Outdoor Amphitheater
- Walking & Biking Trails
Province Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in Province. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- Bocce Ball
- Poker Group
- Craft Group
- Oil Painting
- Wheel Crazy (Antique Car Club)
- Book Club
- Aviation Group
- Food & Wine
- Helping Hands
- Ladies Social Group
- Red Hat Society
- Motorcycle Group
- Target Shooting
- RV Camping
The Preserve at Province by Meritage
Price Range: Mid $200s
The Preserve at Province is a home collection by Meritage. This collection offers five single-family home models that range from 1,333 to 1,905 square feet. These homes offer two to three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and attached two-car garages.
|Model Name||Sq. Ft.||Beds||Baths||Garage|
|Mercury||1614||2 + Den||2||2|
|Presley||1694||2 + Den||2||2|
|Turner||1905||2 + Den||2||2|
Price Range: High $100s - Mid $200s
The Villas collection features seven attached home models that range from 1,172 to 1,725 square feet. These homes include one to three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and attached two-car garages.View Floorplans
Verdana Collection by Meritage
Price Range: Low $200s
The Verdana Collection is a collection of three single-family home models by Meritage. These floor plans range from 1,214 to 1,564 square feet. These homes have two bedrooms and bathrooms as well as attached two-car garages.View Floorplans
Province Villages by Engle
Price Range: Low $200s
The Village Homes were constructed by Engle Homes between 2004 and 2008, which means they are available on a resale only basis. These single-family homes come in three models that range from 1,487 to 1,736 square-feet. The homes have two to three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and attached two- to two-and-a-half-car garages.View Floorplans
Vista Collection by Meritage
Price Range: Mid $200s
The Vista Collection homes were introduced by Meritage Homes in 2009. With three floor plans ranging from 1,629 to 1,835 square feet. These homes have two bedrooms, den spaces, and two bathrooms. Each home has attached two-car garages.View Floorplans
Price Range: Mid $200s - Low $400s
These single-family homes built by Meritage homes come in seven models that range from 1,690 to 2,439 square feet. These homes have two to three bedrooms, two to two-and-a-half bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage.View Floorplans
Province Traditions by Engle
Price Range: High $100s - High $200s
The Province Traditions is a home collection by Engle which features four models that range from 1,801 to 2,213 square feet. These homes have two to four bedrooms, den spaces, and two to three bathrooms. Each home has between a two- to three-and-a-half-car garage.View Floorplans
Pinnacle Collection by Meritage
Price Range: High $100s - Mid $300s
The Pinnacle Collection homes were introduced by Meritage in 2009. This collection offers three floor plans that range from 2,012 to 2,419 square feet. These homes have two to three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and attached two- or three-car garages.View Floorplans
Province Estates by Engle
Price Range: Low $200s - Mid $500s
The Estates were the largest single-family homes offered by Engle. These homes built between 2004 and 2008 offer four distinct models that range from 2,225 to 2,830 square feet. These homes have two to four bedrooms, den spaces, and two-and-a-half to three-and-a-half bathrooms. Each home has an attached two- or three-car garage.View Floorplans
- Brent S.|May 9, 2020First HOA community I’ve lived in, and I’ve been pleasantly surprised. The HOA really has our best interests at heart. They communicate often and well; they inform us immediately about news and issues. The community is beautiful and safe. Fantastic amenities. I couldn’t recommend it more.
- Marvin K.|January 14, 2019Very impressed by the clubhouse and pool here. Very good value for the money.
- Bobbie T.|January 6, 2019We love it here. Yes, the sewer/water bill is high, and cell coverage leaves something to be desired, but we couldn’t be happier. We have met so many friendly and fun people. There are activities for everyone and you truly can be as busy as you want to be. Many residents freely offer their expertise in tennis, pickleball, dancing, bocce ball, exercise, etc for those who are interested. The grounds and clubhouse are beautiful and well maintained, and the staff is helpful. Maricopa has everything you need on a day to day basis, with Chandler offering tons of shopping and restaurants only 20 miles away. We are very satisfied with our decision.
- Bill N.|September 1, 2018What they do not tell you:
Minimum water billing $100/mo
Only cable/ interent providers are Centurylink AND Orbitel. No good providers.
- Linda S.|February 22, 2018Province is an oasis in the middle of the desert! I was so impressed from the moment I drove through the front gates. I have never seen such a gorgeous community with all the lakes and open space. The Community Center is like a resort. I feel like I'm on vacation every day. I love the community and the small town feel of Maricopa. It is also a very convenient drive to Sky Harbor Airport to pick up my friends and family. The value of the homes here is another reason why I decided to call Province home.
- John B.|February 22, 2018This community is one of the nicest and most reasonable in Arizona. It has everything available along with 24hr security, pools, activities, and clubs. It is in a really nice little city of Maricopa, Everyone I have met is nice and friendly.
I am not a resident yet but will be soon.
- Cameron M.|February 6, 2017This community is a rare find for active living. Maricopa has done a great job these last few years and Province leads the way with nice homes and an incredible clubhouse.
- Val G.|October 27, 2015I have lives here for 10 years now and still love living here except even more now that I have just retired. Every morning I can now go for a long walk, chat with folks along the way and just enjoy the beauty of Province meeting new and friendly people along the way. I love all of the amenities which is the main reason my husband and I moved here. Province is a safe place to live and I am so glad we made the choice to move here.
- Sue F.(Resident/Homeowner)|October 27, 2015My husband and I moved here in December of 2006. We immediately fell in love with the community and all it had to offer. He unfortunately passed away in 2009, but my neighbors have been supportive and wonderful to me. It is a fabulous place to live and I have recommended it to many and will continue to do so.
- Carl J.(Resident/Homeowner)|October 27, 2015My wife and I have lived in Province since 2012. We love it here.
The amenities offer something for almost everybody, with Meritage offering some new items over the last few years. We love living on the green belt, and the high quality insulation keeps the electricity bills down.
Maricopa's stores offer almost everything we need from day to day, and the nearby Phoenix suburbs offer everything else. The entertainment options in Phoenix are excellent. We found wonderful medical providers in and near Maricopa.
Most of all, we've come to know some very fine people. The majority of residents that we've met are positive and friendly. As a community, we find constructive ways to manage the issues that come up from time to time.
Bottom line: Province is a great place to live.
- Pamela P.(Resident/Homeowner)|October 26, 2015I love living in Province. There is so much to do and we have wonderful neighbors. It is a very active community with daily activities aplenty including in house programs and field trips. We also have wonderful nightlife activities which includes dances and guest bands on the weekends. The motto "retire like you mean it" surely fits this Province cmmunity.
- Kathy G.(Resident/Homeowner)|October 26, 2015We purchased our home in Province in December after looking at many Active Adult Communities from Phoenix to Tucson. We chose Province because of the beautiful, well maintained grounds, the many amenities, and the friendly people. Province is definitely the perfect community for us!
- Steve and Terry Smith (Resident/Homeowner)|October 26, 2015We have been in Province 3 years and we are so happy with our decision. We feel safe and secure in Province. Province offers so much including the great clubhouse, landscaping with lakes and waterfalls. We are so happy with our home and love living in Maricopa. There are so many great helpful people that live here in Province. There is so much to do in this great community or you can relax on your patio or by the pool with your new friends that you will make quickly!
- Bill R.(Resident/Homeowner)|October 26, 2015The underage resident issue has been resolved through due process. This is a wonderful adult active community with awesome amenities and fantastic neighbors! Loving the Province life.
- Lorna K.|October 26, 2015One of the best over 55 Communities that you will find anywhere. We have lived here for five years and cannot say enough about what a great community Province is. You owe it to yourself to check it out should you be looking to relocate to Arizona. Maricopa is a much smaller community than any in Phoenix so is really easy to get around in and but still has all of the amenities that one could want.
- Don S.(Resident/Homeowner)|October 26, 2015The previous review of Sep 21 is inaccurate. The issue surfaced in that post was rwsolved on Sep 19 and the children will be leaving Province within a 90 day period in keeping with our CC&Rs;.
- Joe G.(Resident/Homeowner)|October 26, 2015I would like to add my voice to (what I believe is) the overwhelming majority of residents who love it here. I'm happy to spend the rest of my life enjoying the amenities here. (And the issue reported by the reviewer on September 21st has been resolved to the mutual satisfaction of the residents and the property managers.)
- Jean P.(Resident/Homeowner)|September 21, 2015We have just learned that minor children do reside here, one family of 4 generations has been granted an exemption and about 4 more homes have children in residence. Apparently there is no way to monitor or enforce the CC&Rs; ban on permanent residency of minor children.
- Gail R.(Resident/Homeowner)|June 11, 2013What a Gem. We looked at many Active Adult Communities in Arizona before deciding on Province. We have not been disappointed with our decision. The miles of walking paths and greenbelts are great as well as the beautiful lakes with an abundance of wildlife. There are numerous activities, so you can be as active as you choose. The Town Center with two pools, workout room and activity rooms is beautiful. Great spot to view the sun set. Nine pickleball courts are in the works and hopefully will be completed by the Fall. The residents are very friendly and welcoming. We met many neighbors while our house was being built. Maricopa is close enough to Chandler for major shopping, but far enough away from the rat race.
- Steve And Judy Theobald (Resident/Homeowner)|June 11, 2013We have been in Province 7 years and on our second home here. The whole community is beautiful and comfortable. You will not find a better clubhouse and grounds. Like one of our friends say "It's like Disney land for adults". We truly appreciate the safety and comfort provided by the gates and 24 hour security. Also lots of great new friends.
- Susan L.(Resident/Homeowner)|April 30, 2013I just moved in to Province a couple months ago and I am just thrilled with it so far! My home was a steal of a deal too for about $160,000 with 2 bedrooms and 2 baths, granite countertops, tile flooring, a nice master bath and a big closet too! I've been enjoying walking the community paths every morning and have started participating in some of the craft activities. I also like that it's a gated community so I feel really safe here plus all the people I've met have been very welcoming.
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of Province. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding Province has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.