- Price Range
- Mid $100s - Mid $300s
- Home Types
- Single Family, Attached, Condos
- Number of Homes
- Resale Homes Only
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 1999 - 2002
- U.S. Homes
- 4 reviews
Heritage Cove Overview
Heritage Cove in Fort Myers, Florida is situated among striking lakes and natural preserves. This private, gated active adult community is perfect for people ages 55 and better. Offering 529 resale low-maintenance condos, villas, and single-family homes, buyers are sure to find a home that suits their needs.
The community offers a variety of amenities and social events that fit the needs of an active adult lifestyle. Residents can stay busy in the fitness room, tennis courts, bocce ball courts, horseshoe pits, and by walking the paths around the sparkling lakes. Bingo, poker night, and ice cream socials are a great way for residents to get together and make new friends.
Heritage Cove Amenities
Heritage Cove contains all the qualities prospective residents look for in an active adult community. The sociable 7,000 square-foot clubhouse encompasses a large recreation space for a variety of social and physical activities. Residents can use the fitness center, library, meeting room, card room, computer room, and catering kitchen. The clubhouse is the place where residents play games, attend classes, and host the majority of social events.
Outside, residents can get swept away by the beautiful resort-style swimming pool and adjacent spa. Horseshoe pits, four tennis courts, two bocce ball courts, and two shuffleboard courts allow friends and family to partake in a sociable competition. Active adults can soak up the Florida sun as they fish on the picturesque pier. The scenic walking paths around the lake allow you to watch nature and the assorted wildlife while staying fit.
Heritage Cove Homes & Real Estate
Heritage Cove offers 529 resale condos, villas, and single-family homes within the gated community. In 1999, U.S. Homes started to build the community and finished in 2002. The streets in Heritage Cove are named after some of our nation's most significant lighthouses that have guided sailors securely back to their ports, including Brand Point, Plum Island, Point Judith, and Castle Hill.
Heritage Cove offers 240 condo units located in eight four-story buildings. They range in size from 1,232 to 1,408 square feet and are situated around a gorgeous lake located on Brand Point Circle. These condos typically have two bedrooms and two baths with ceramic tile throughout, except for bedrooms that have carpet.
There are 120 villas located within the community most of which have views of the lake. They are over 1,250 square feet and feature two to three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a two-car garage.
Heritage Cove has 169 single-family homes that range from 1,485 to 1,685 square feet, many of which overlook breathtaking lakes and wooded areas. These homes have two to three bedrooms along with two bathrooms.
The master association, Heritage Cove Community Association, maintains the beautiful common areas. All residents of Heritage Cove pay a quarterly fee to the master association that covers street and landscape maintenance, social activities, clubhouse access, and maintains the charming walking paths. In addition residents pay a quarterly neighborhood fee that includes lawn care, landscaping, and exterior maintenance.
Heritage Cove Lifestyle
Heritage Cove residents are active adults in every aspect of life. The many available activities and social clubs appeal to a variety of interests. Active adults can enjoy a welcoming game of tennis, bocce ball, shuffleboard, or horseshoes. Heritage Cove has a busy social calendar that includes activities such as water aerobics, cards, bridge, potlucks, and fashion shows. Heritage Cove's friendly laid-back lifestyle is filled with options to keep everyone busy or merely relax with nature.
Heritage Cove in Fort Myers is located just off of A&W Bulb Road, South of McGregor Boulevard. This ideal location is close to shopping, restaurants, grocery stores, recreational activities, and golf courses. The Gulf Coast Town Center and Edison Mall are the perfect spots to go shopping or try the flavor of the month at Yogurt Mountain. It is just ten minutes away from the world famous Sanibel Island and Fort Myers Beach on the Gulf of Mexico. Sports enthusiasts can enjoy Minnesota Twins and Boston Red Sox's baseball spring training facility, Everblades hockey games, and access many golf courses in the area. Active adults in Heritage Cove are sure to never have a dull moment in this established 55+ community in Lee County, Florida.
Heritage Cove Amenities
- Clubhouse - 7,000 Sq. Ft.
- Fitness Center
- Locker Rooms
- Meeting Room
- Card Room
- Catering Kitchen
- Outdoor Resort-Style Pool & Spa
- Outdoor Patio
- 4 Lighted Tennis Courts
- 2 Bocce Ball Courts
- 2 Shuffleboard Courts
- Horseshoe Pits
- Pier & Fishing Lakes
- Private Beach
- Walking & Biking Trails
- Scenic Lakes & Ponds
Heritage Cove Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in Heritage Cove. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- Bocce Ball
- Bridge Club
- Dance Classes
- Fashion Shows
- Ice Cream Socials
- Mah Jongg
- Poker Club
- Pot Lucks
- Tennis Club
- Water Aerobics
Price Range: Mid $100s - High $100s
Heritage Cove has eight four-story condo buildings with 240 units. They range in size from 1,232 to 1,408 square feet and are situated around a gorgeous lake. These condos typically have two bedrooms, two bathrooms and come with one or two-car garage or a carport. The association fees includes cable, pest control, access and up-keep of the recreational areas, and general lawn and street maintenance within the community. Please Note: Floor plans are not available at this time.
Price Range: Mid $100s - Low $200s
There are 120 Villas located within the community most of which have views of the lake. They offer over 1,250 square feet of living space and most feature two to three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and one and two-car garage. The association fees includes cable, pest control, access and up-keep of the recreational areas, and general lawn and street maintenance within the community. Please Note: Floor plans are not available at this time.
Price Range: Low $200s - Mid $300s
Heritage Cove has 169 single-family homes that range from 1,485 to 1,685 square feet most of which overlook lakes and wooded areas. These homes have two to three bedrooms along with two bathrooms. Optional features include a pool, detailed crown molding and storm shutters. The association fees includes cable, pest control, access and up-keep of the recreational areas, and general lawn and street maintenance within the community. Please Note: Floor plans are not available at this time.
Heritage Cove Reviews
- Tammy (Resident/Homeowner)|August 26, 2017My husband and I moved from NY to Fla the end of March. We looked for homes and communities to move to for a few years prior to moving. After seeing many many home and a ton of different communities and reviewing their rules and regulations we found Heritage Cove to be the best for many reasons. Not only are the people in the community friendly and fun, we found that out of all the communities we visited, more then once, that Heritage Cove is so active. The HOA's are a lot more affordable then a lot of others communities and you get so much for your money here. All the grounds are manicured and beautiful. If you are looking for a community that is fun, clean, active, with really nice people and have HOA's that you can actually afford them I would highly recommended you come visit. I am only in my late 50's and I'm telling you this community is the place to be !!!!
- Sherry (Resident/Homeowner)|November 25, 2016My husband & I love this community of 55 and older. For those that like peace & the love of nature, this is the place. Yes, we have rules, without them, we would probably have a bunch of hillbillies, with loud mufflers, speeding pickup trucks, huge dogs that roam at will, droppings everywhere. And garbage wherever It's convenient. To the lady who hates rules, please go somewhere else, live with all usual crap on the outside of the gates along with all the crime, You will still pay as much and get less. We like rules here at Heritage Cove, keeps everyone in line, like back in the good ole days, Opie Taylor, from Andy Griffith and Wally and Beaver Cleaver live here and we like it that way. !!!
- Lisa |October 15, 2014Giving this one star only because I have to. I have never seen so many ridiculous rules or met so many people who have nothing better to do with their retirement years than stick their noses into everything you do. There are many more beautiful places to live without 21 pages of restrictions in their bylaws. For those of us turning 55 now...this is unacceptable as a way of life. Bought one five miles away from this one with better amenities, a better price and less bull.
- Susan L.(Resident/Homeowner)|November 11, 2013Heritage Cove condos are great for people who don't want to worry about home maintenance. Just move-in and start enjoying the community. I like that this community is gated and feels safe. The location is great and lots of the condos overlook water. Plus the prices are very reasonable.
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of Heritage Cove. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding Heritage Cove has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.