- Price Range
- Below $100k - Mid $400s
- Home Types
- Attached, Single-Family
- Number of Homes
- New And Resale Homes
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 2006 - Present
- Del Webb
- 9 reviews
Stone Creek Overview
Del Webb's Stone Creek is a gated active adult community in Ocala, Florida. This 55+ community is planned to include 3,800 homes, making it an ideal place for active adults who want the world-class amenities and lifestyle of a large central Florida adult enclave and without the crowds of nearby mega-retirement communities. The perfect blend of appealing home designs, top-notch amenities, and a robust lifestyle in a community that still retains a small-town feel make it an attractive setting for Florida retirement living.
This active adult community is located on Ocala's southwest corridor just off Highway 200. The area is renowned for its ancient oak trees, horse farms, rolling hills, and pristine lakes. Ideally situated in the heart of central Florida, this community is just 30 miles to the Gulf of Mexico and 90 minutes to popular destinations such as Disney World, Busch Gardens, Universal Studios, Daytona Beach and the Kennedy Space Center.
Stone Creek Amenities
Reflection Bay spans 29 acres and is a 60,000 square-foot social and recreational complex featuring two indoor facilities reserved for social and fitness activities. The social hub is known as the Reunion Center and is the ideal gathering place for activities, club meetings, and events. There is a large ballroom with a stage that hosts parties, dances, and theatrical performances. There is also a meeting room, billiards room, catering kitchen, card room, and craft room with a kiln, which allows for residents to express their creativity or hobby in a variety of ways. The Wallstreet Room is the center's library area that provides a quiet place to read the morning paper or surf the Internet.
Elan Spa & Resort Pool is the fitness complex that includes a state-of-the-art fitness center showcasing some of the latest high-end cardiovascular and weight-training equipment. The fitness area also includes an aerobics and dance studio, massage services, indoor lap pool, indoor spa, outdoor resort-style pool with beach entry and outdoor spa.
The magnificently maintained grounds are home to a variety of recreation and sports courts including a softball field, horseshoes, tennis, pickleball and bocce ball courts. A spacious picnic pavilion and event lawn are also available for active adults to enjoy outdoors. Fishing enthusiasts have access to a great catch and release fishing lake and pier. There are also miles of picturesque walking and biking trails that meander throughout the community, which are great for scenic strolls and getting fresh air.
Golf enthusiasts will enjoy the community's Terry Doss designed 18-hole championship golf course, which is situated on 187 acres of lush countryside, rolling hills, and stately trees. The 7,200-yard course features six-tee boxes and water strategically placed on 11 of 18 holes providing for a challenging and memorable experience for beginners and experts.
Stone Creek Homes & Real Estate
The homes are designed for the needs of today's active adult buyer. Spacious floor plans, large great rooms, roomy kitchens, and ample outdoor living spaces are staples of most homes. These homes include some of the latest sought after desirable upgrades and available high-end finishes.
Buyers can select from two attached villas and a variety of single-family floor plans. Del Webb's original model collection was built from 2006 to 2011. It included the Twin Villas, Pinnacle Series, and Regal Series homes. The original models are now available on a resale-only basis. In 2011, new collections were introduced that include the Garden Series, Classics Series, and Estate Series. These homes are available as new construction and resale.
Twin Villa models offer 1,548 and 1,709 square feet of living space and feature two bedrooms, a den, two baths, and a two-car garage. Twin Villa homeowners also enjoy full exterior maintenance of the home and lawn. Pinnacle Series and Regal Series offer 1,604 to 2,384 square feet of living space and feature two to three bedrooms, two to three bathrooms, and two to three-car garages.
The Garden, Classic, and Estate series showcase single-family models that range from 1,133 to 2,634 square feet of living space. These residences include one to five bedrooms, one-and-a-half to four bathrooms, and two to three-car garages.
Stone Creek Lifestyle
An on-site community activities director is there to ensure residents have the opportunity to lead a socially active and fitness-minded lifestyle. There are several dozen clubs and interest groups that range from hobby and craft clubs to golf and tennis tournaments. Other exciting activities include card clubs, poker group, book club, softball, travel club, step aerobics, stained glass group, happy feet, theater groups, weekend getaways, ice cream socials, and continuing education classes. Regardless of your interests or passions, you are certain to find other like-minded residents who share your zest for getting the most out of life.
With everything the community has available, residents may never feel the need to leave. But when it is time to venture out, the surrounding area has a lot to offer. Downtown Ocala offers great shopping and restaurants. Silver Springs Park is one of the oldest attractions in Florida. For over 50 years visitors have been entertained with the glass bottom boat rides on Silver Springs. Rainbow River State Park in Dunnellon offers gorgeous nature trails and year-round swimming in the 72 degree clear waters of the natural springs.
When grandchildren come to visit, there are endless destinations nearby to keep them entertained. The Florida Horse Park is just ten miles away and offers enjoyable rodeos, tractor pulls and 4H shows. Places like the Kennedy Space Center, Disney World, Sea World, and Universal Studios are accessible in less than 90 minutes. Plus, Tampa and Orlando's airports are readily accessible making trips to other destinations around the country a breeze. Active adults living in Stone Creek can truly enjoy a resort-style community with great amenities and maintain a social life with plenty of clubs and activities to participate in Ocala, Florida.
Stone Creek Amenities
Reflection bay spans 29 acres and is 60,000 square-foot social and recreational complex with the following amenities:
- Reunion Center - 22,500 Sq. Ft.
- 1,135 Seat Grand Ballroom & Stage
- Meeting Room
- Card Room
- Arts & Crafts Room with Kiln
- Wallstreet Room
- Billiards Room
- Catering Kitchen
- 5 Tennis Courts
- 8 Bocce Ball Court
- 8 Pickleball Courts
- 6 Horseshoe Pits
- Softball Field
- Picnic Pavilion
- Event Lawn
- Walking & Biking Trails
- Scenic Lakes & Ponds
- Catch & Release Fishing Lake
- Parks & Natural Space
Elan Spa & Resort Pool
Elan Spa & Resort Pool houses all of the fitness, pool and space activities.
- Elan Spa - 23,500 Sq. Ft.
- Locker Rooms
- State-of-the-Art Fitness Center
- Aerobics & Dance Studio
- Massage Services
- Indoor Pool & Spa
- Outdoor Pool & Spa
Stone Creek Golf Club
Residents can play golf at the public Stone Creek Golf Club.
- Stone Creek Golf Club
- 18-Hole Terry Doss Championship Course
- Putting Green
- Driving Range
- Pro Shop
- Stone Creek Grille
Stone Creek Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in Stone Creek. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- All Faiths
- Basic Ballroom Workout
- Beginner Tai Chi
- Bike Group
- Community Stitchers
- Computer Club
- Crafts of the Mind
- Culinary Arts
- Culture Vultures
- Digital Video Services
- Dynamic Stretch
- Euchre Club
- Garden Club
- Glee Club
- Hand & Foot
- Happy Feet
- Ice Cream Social
- Interval Training
- Kitchen Club
- Ladies Billiards
- Leisure Arts League
- Line Dancing
- Lunch Bunch
- Mah Jongg
- Men on a Journey Bible Study
- Men's Billiards
- Mexican Train Dominoes
- Pickleball Women's Open
- Pinebrook Ladies Luncheon
- Poker Group
- Senior Fitness
- Sewing Group
- Shalom Club
- Sociable Singles
- Sports Club
- Stained Glass Group
- Step Aerobics
- Table Tennis
- Tai Chi
- Tailgate Parties
- Tini Tuesdays
- Tone/Cardio Combo
- Total Body Conditioning
- Travel Club
- Veterans Group
- Water Aerobics
- Water Volleyball
- Women of the Way Bible Study
- Woodworking Club
Price Range: High $100s - Low $200s
The Twin Villas were built between 2006 and 2011. These models include full exterior maintenance of the home and lawn. They range from 1,548 to 1,709 square feet and have two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage. Twin Villas are available on a resale-only basis.View Floorplans
Price Range: High $100s - High $300s
Garden Series single-family homes were introduced in 2011. They range from 1,133 to 1,433 square feet and offer one to three bedrooms, one-and-a-half to three bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage. These homes are available as new construction and resale.View Floorplans
Price Range: High $100s - High $300s
The Pinnacle Series offers 1,604 to 2,419 square feet of living space. They have two to three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an attached two or two-and-a-half-car garage. These homes are available on a new or resale basis.View Floorplans
Price Range: High $100s - High $300s
The Classic Series single-family homes were introduced in 2011 and offer 1,620 to 2,177 square feet of living space. They have two to four bedrooms, two or three bathrooms, and an attached two or two-and-a-half-car garage. These homes are available as new construction and resale.View Floorplans
Price Range: Low $200s - High $300s
The Regal Series homes are available on a new or resale basis. These single-family homes feature two or three bedrooms, two or three bathrooms, and an attached two to three-car garage. They range from 1,604 to 2,384 square feet.View Floorplans
Price Range: Low $200s - High $300s
The Estate Series are single-family homes that were introduced in 2011. These homes are available as new construction and resale. They offer 2,315 to 2,634 square feet of living space and have two to five bedrooms, two-and-a-half to four bathrooms, and two to three-car garages.View Floorplans
Stone Creek Reviews
- Nadine E.|June 1, 2019Two years of research and careful consideration brought us to Stone Creek. Best of the Best!!! Surrounding area is so lovely with active horse farms for miles. Great shopping within minutes. Low taxes and utilities. Spacious and beautifully groomed community. As swimmers and walkers/hikers plenty of both. Close to both coasts but none of the congestion or storms of coastal living. Friendly neighbors with professional careers enjoying freedom of retirement activity. Health and happiness here!
- Cameron M.|May 31, 2019Really great community with lots to do. The clubhouse and fitness center is amazing. Close to shopping and restaurants. Would recommend.
- Ken I.|May 23, 2019It appears the community has reduced phones for maintenance and care unfortunately it’s become a little dated and not clean only been here 3 1/2 years and the management could be more friendly and clean the properties and amenities that doesn’t cost hardly anything
- Linda W.|April 22, 2019We have been here almost 5 years and it feels new and like a vacation every day. Quiet, yet you can meet people and have fun. Will be sad when the time comes to move.
- Mara P.(Resident/Homeowner)|November 20, 2017Great golf course, resort pool, activities galore, dog park, nearby park, growing area, and great people.
- Stone Creek resident on the lake (Resident/Homeowner)|August 5, 2017We have lived here for 5 years now. We are happy to share that our spa has really increased their activities and professional instructors. The reunion center always has activities scheduled for both indoor & outdoors. It's great to just hope in the golf cart & go to any of the activities. The Championship golf course is a big plus, as is the onsite grill w/ full bar.
If your looking for a quiet, smaller community, Stone Creek would be for you!!
- On my way out (Resident/Homeowner)|August 14, 2016There are so many mean spirited people here who have nothing but time on their hands and instead of being useful, they whine, complain and try to impose their will upon everyone around. I have never seen so many unpleasant people congregated in one place. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. The houses are very poorly constructed. The residents hate dogs, kids, walkers, airplanes flying overhead and are dangerous both in cars and golf carts.
- Susan L.(Resident/Homeowner)|June 20, 2013Stone Creek is a fantastic community! The homes are reasonably priced, the amenities are wonderful plus it is a gated community. Value, location, safety and amenities topped my list of must-haves and I feel like I made a smart purchase at Stone Creek.
- Tom L.|February 15, 2013We looked at most of the top +55 communities in Central Florida. Stonecreek was at the very top, according to our view, based on quality homes, entertainment and excercise facilities, other resort amenaties, and beauty of the grounds. When we reach the position to be able to make the big move this will be the place we will live.
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of Stone Creek. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding Stone Creek has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.