- Price Range
- Mid $300s - Low $400s
- Home Types
- Number of Homes
- New Homes Only
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 2016 - Present
- Envine LLC
- 4 reviews
South Shore Village Overview
South Shore Village is a new 55+ community in Southern Rhode Island. This active adult neighborhood will feature maintenance-free single-family homes as well as resort-style amenities to provide homebuyers with a vibrant and social atmosphere. South Shore Village will consist of just over 300 residences that will provide a welcoming environment where neighbors become lifelong friends in a close-knit setting.
Plans call for a beautiful clubhouse with a rich lineup of world-class amenities that will keep residents busy and active all year long. The clubhouse will provide plenty of areas for socialization and fun activities. Some of the features will include a general store, indoor & outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts, a nine-hole golf course, golf practice facilities, scenic ponds, walking and biking trails, and natural open spaces.
Construction of this age-restricted community began in 2016 by Envine LLC and will have 303 single-family homes upon completion. Envine LLC will offer 9 single-family floor plans that have two bedrooms, a den, two bathrooms, a full basement, and optional one or two-car garages. Homebuyers will also have plenty of options for customizing their dream home.
Ideally situated in South Kingstown, RI, this active adult community is close to everyday conveniences and attractions. Easy access to Route 1 is nearby for driving across town. Residents will be just 12 minutes away from shopping, dining, and entertainment at Wakefield Mall and South County Commons. Outdoor recreation is also plentiful with beautiful coastal beaches like East Matunuck State Beach as well as national parks, conservation areas, and campgrounds. Providence can be reached in 35 minutes for additional entertainment, dining, and shopping options. When traveling farther is necessary, T.F. Green International Airport in Warwick is about 40 minutes away. South Shore Village will be the ideal coastal retirement destination for active adults in Southern Rhode Island.
Request more information on the progress of South Shore Village!
South Shore Village Amenities
Proposed amenities are to include the following:
- Clubhouse (Coming Soon!)
- Indoor Pool
- General Store
- 9-Hole Golf Course
- Outdoor Pool
- Outdoor Patio
- Tennis Courts
- Walking & Biking Trails
- Parks & Natural Space
- Scenic Ponds
- Golf Practice Facilities
South Shore Village Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
Check back soon for more information on the lifestyle in South Shore Village.
Single Family Homes
Price Range: Mid $300s - Low $400s
Envine LLc offers nine different floor plans for the community South Shore Village. These homes typically range from 1,394 to 1,949 square feet. They will have anywhere from two to three bedrooms, two bathrooms and an attached one or two car garage. Most floor plans also offer a den and patio for additional living space.View Floorplans
South Shore Village Reviews
- Gary S.|May 18, 2019As new residents who finally got around to downsizing, my wife and I couldn't be more pleased. We have lived in the South Kingstown area for 19 years, in a large house. Knowing the day to downsize would come eventually, we were well aware of the 55+ communities and frequently went to open houses to become familiar with what was offered. In SK there are 3 other large senior complexes, but in comparison to SSV:
- The square footage in all other options included a sizable upstairs for den and 2nd BR. At some point stairs aren't friendly, so other than guests, why pay for space you won't use? I have friends living in these communities who are considering SSV for this reason alone.
- All 3 55+ communities were of the townhouse variety, meaning that you saw a series of garage doors as you drove thru, with 2 -3 units per building.
- Several of the larger models in all 3 are more costly than SSV new homes.
- To my knowledge the common fees can be as much as double the current SSV fees.
- My wife spotted SSV when it first opened and said this should be "the place" ; it just took us awhile to get going.
Here's what we particularly like here:
- The open floor plan just flows nicely and is exceptionally well appointed
- Owning our own home is appealing; it doesn't have any "claustrophobic " feel, and has a nice deck for outside activities.
- Work on the community center with 2 pools is due to be completed by early fall (the golf course is a ways away)
- I am certain that our house will retain its value. The neighborhood is comprised of couples much like us who keep their properties in order, and of course landscaping as done professionally.
The only downside to me is that it's a longer haul to town - 10-12 minutes - where I used to have 5, an issue for me only because I tend to have something going on in town almost daily. But it's still less than 45 minutes to the airport and another 5 to Providence itself, which is a surprisingly cosmopolitan city with excellent dining and cultural activities
For those of you considering SSV from outside the area, I am a huge booster of Southern RI, not only for the lively beach and fishing scene but also many other water related activities (Kayaking is great). We're also only 10-15 minutes away from URI, with its athletic and cultural programs as well as educational programs for seniors. Newport - 25-30 minutes away - is a superb small city with a rich history and location of many festivals.
(OK, the winters can be brutal, and many residents spend time in FL)
I write this having purchased the largest model, which came with many upgrades, and more space, but would have been comfortable in the other models as well.
- judith s.|March 17, 2018I also disagree with the negative review. The plans for this development call for landscaping, including trees,shrubs, flowers, lawns, sidewalks, a golf course and many other amenities. It is in the 1st phase and is just beginning. I think over time you will regret not going in to look at the houses. They are beautiful. It is going to be a lovely
development when complete.
- Anita L.|March 13, 2018I disagree with the negative review on here. This is a new area and new places need time to build up their vegetation.
I have been inside the model homes and they are beautiful. Also was invited inside a resident’s home. Love all the lay outs. The several chocies of home to choose from is a plus.
When my husband and I purchased our home (30 years ago) in a new development in a different area there were no trees 🌲 and not much vegetation. Our family grew along with more vegetation.
This retirement community is probably where we will live.
- fern B.|February 26, 2018Beautiful area that was unfortunately clear cut of all vegetation. We are in our 60s and interested in such a community. However this one is poorly done. Houses are awful design from the outside. Area is so ugly now that we don't even want to look inside.
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of South Shore Village. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding South Shore Village has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.