NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up and who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of The United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of 55places.com, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Neighborhoods.com, LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on June 07, 2017 at 12:00 AM CST and ending June 30, 2017 at 11:59 PM CST. All online entries must be received by June 30, 2017 at 11:59 CST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3BD93NC. The entry must fulfill all campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of 55places.com. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. You may only enter using the Gleam app entry methods available. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of 55places.com.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive an Apple iPad with a retail value of approximately $329.99. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by 55places.com. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at 55places.com's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for 55places.com to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of 55places.com. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. 55places.com shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT 55PLACES.COM‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that 55places.com, anyone acting on behalf of 55places.com, and 55places.com’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond 55places.com’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, 55places.com may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by 55places.com. 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. 55places.com has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, 55places.com reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless 55places.com and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 55 Places, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S. Requests must be received no later than July 12, 2017.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Neighborhoods.com, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S.
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by 55places.com is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. Write-in Entry: You may write in one entry at the address below. Sweepstakes eligibility will be determined by the date the write-in entry is received. We do not accept entries from third parties.
1525 W Homer St.
Chicago, IL 60613
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, or MailChimp.
The Stockton-Modesto area is a region in Northern California that sits directly east of the Bay area. Active adult communities in the Stockton-Modesto area enjoy the beautiful year-round climate of the region and the bountiful recreational opportunities, some of the major draws that bring active adults and retirees to the region. With mountains, deserts and beaches a short drive away, 55+ communities in the Stockton-Modesto area are never far from your next adventure.
Climate & Geography
Age-restricted communities in the Stockton-Modesto area enjoy the varied landscapes in the region. The cities themselves are located in California s Central Valley, a large, flat valley that covers 22,500 square miles and takes up approximately 13% of California s total land area. Stockton, just 24 miles north of Modesto, is located along the San Joaqin River and experiences hot and dry summers with mild winters and has roughly 14 inches of rain per year from October through April. Modesto has a similar climate, with the hottest days reaching 94 degress and the coldest roughly 37 degrees. Modesto averages 12 inches of rain per year. The region has less than an inch of snowfall annually, if any at all.
55+ communities in the Stockton-Modesto area are located in the region refered to as the North San Joaqin Valley within the Central Valley. This region is bordered by the Sacramento-San Joaqin River Delta in the north, the Tehachapi Mountains in the south, the coastal ranges in the west and the Sierra Nevada Mountains to the east. Active adults in the Stockton-Modesto region will enjoy the varied geographical landscapes, ranging from rivers and lakes to mountains and valleys.
Recreation, Culture & Entertainment
Age-restricted communities in the Stockton-Modesto area are close to several recreational opportunities. Outdoors, active adults can explore the Pixley National Wildlife Refuge, home of up to 6,000 birds during the wintertime, the Kern National Wildlife Refuge and the Tule Elk State Reserve. 55+ communities in the Stockton-Modesto area are also close to the Swenson Park Golf Course, the Van Buskirk Golf Course, and the Creekside Golf Course. For the wine lovers who choose an active adult community in the Stockton-Modesto area, there are 151,000 acres of vineyard growth in the San Joaqin Valley, creating the largest wine region in the state, leading some to call it the food basket of the world.
Residents of age-restricted communities in the Stockton-Modesto area will also enjoy the multifaceted geography. The Stockton-Modesto area is home to the San Joaqin River, Tulare Lake, and the Pacific Ocean just next door, creating several opportunities for fishing and boating. Close to 55+ communities in the Stockton-Modesto area are several state parks and trail heads for going on hikes or a leisurely stroll. The city of Stockton also hosts the Bob Hope Theatre, Art Expressions of San Joaqin, the Haggin Museum, and a Children s Museum for when the grandkids visit. Active adult communities in the Stockton-Modesto area are also close to Modesto s cultural attractions that include the McHenry Mansion, the Great Valley Museum of Natural History, and the Modesto Symphony. Living in active adult communities in the Stockton-Modesto area is great for enjoying a quick show, taking a long hike, or relaxing lakeside.
Cost of Living & Taxes
55+ communities in the Stockton-Modesto area enjoy a cost of living that is generally lower than the rest of the state, although slightly higher than the national average. Housing in Modesto is on average 6 percent higher than the rest of the country while Stockton s housing prices are 1 percent lower, although overall cost of living is approximately 8 percent higher in the overall region. Age-restricted communities in the Stockton-Modesto area do have a much lower cost of living than elsewhere in California, spending approximately 17 percent less than other regions in the state.
California as a whole has a 7.5 percent sales tax and a 13.3 percent individual income tax. There is some relief for those who choose a 55+ community in the Stockton-Modesto area, as homeowners who choose California as their primary residence can qualify for a $7,000 reduction in the taxable value of their property. Residents of active adult communities in the Stockton-Modesto area can also find relief in tax programs for seniors with low incomes, an option to postpone property tax payments, and a property tax ceiling, as well as enjoying untaxed Social Security benefits.
Active adult communities in the Stockton-Modesto area have several options for health services close by. St. Joseph s Medical Center and Dameron Hospital are in the Stockton area, while Modesto has Doctors Medical Center, Memorial Medical Center, and Stanislaus Surgical Hospital nearby. Residents of active adult communities in the Stockton-Modesto area also have easy access to the medical centers of the Bay area, with the nationally-ranked UCSF Medical Center and the John Muir Medical Center in San Francisco. With a relatively low cost of living, terrific recreational opportunities, and abundant healthcare, it s easy to see why retirees have been flocking to active adult communities in the Stockton-Modesto area.
Share this page with friends and family!