Lee's Summit, MO 55+ Active Adult Retirement Communities

Lee’s Summit is a small city on the northwest border of Missouri and is a part of the Kansas City metropolitan area. Its prime location and historic appeal have made it an attractive option for retirees. Besides that, the city is home to a quaint downtown and a tight-knit neighborly environment.

Lee’s Summit is a small city on the northwest border of Missouri and is a part of the Kansas City metropolitan area. Its prime location and historic appeal have made it an attractive option for retirees. Besides that, the city is home to a quaint downtown and a tight-knit neighborly environment.

Climate & Geography

Located on the Missouri-Kansas border, Lee’s Summit is a small city along the Missouri River.

Recreation, Culture & Entertainment

Lee’s Summit is home to a wide variety of outdoor activities such as different lakes, beaches, and forest preserves around the city. Some of these include Summit Waves, Longview Lake and Beach, and James A. Reed Wildlife Area. These are ideal locations for a number of recreation activities such as hiking, camping, sightseeing, and swimming.

The city is home to plenty of vineyards, wineries and breweries. Downtown, residents can find Lee’s Summit shopping center with antique shops, restaurants, and a farmers market. The city is also in driving distance from Kansas City where residents can find plenty more options for dining, shopping, and entertainment.

Cost of Living & Taxes

The overall cost of living in Lee’s Summit is only slightly higher than the national average. This is due to the housing cost which is above the U.S median.

Missouri does not tax Social Security benefits, and residents may qualify for exemptions on their public and private pensions as well. Homeowners who are 65+ are eligible to receive credit on their real estate taxes or rent they paid for the year. The Missouri sales tax rate is 4.23 percent and Lee’s Summit has a 3.63 percent local rate, for a cumulative 7.86 percent sales tax.

Health Care

There are five highly rated hospitals and medical centers within 15 miles of Lee’s Summit. They are St. Luke’s East Hospital, Research Medical Center, St. Joseph Medical Center-Kansas, Saint Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City, and Kansas City Orthopaedic Institute. Saint Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City is nationally ranked in heart surgery and neurosurgery, and is rated high performing in two more adult specialties and six procedures.


Communities Near Lee's Summit
Buy
Rent
loading

Price Range

Rent or Buy

Home Types

Age Restriction

New Construction or Resale

Community Size

Gated

Amenities

Price Range

Bedrooms

Bathrooms

SqFt

3 communities near Lee’s Summit

0 Homes for Sale

The Fountains at Raintree Lake

For Sale
  • Mid $300ks - Mid $400ks
  • 176 Homes
  • 55+ Age Restriction
  • Resale Homes Only
  • 2004 - 2016
  • No Reviews

Villas at Parkwood

For Sale
  • Low $400ks - Mid $500ks
  • 79 Homes
  • Age Restriction
  • Resale Homes Only
  • 2005 - 2020
  • 1 reviews

Want more community information?

Global - Lead Form - Buyer or Renter

*55places does not provide or maintain community HOA information.
By requesting more information, you agree that
55places and its affiliates, partner providers, or

“Real Estate Professionals” includes a network of local real estate agents from trusted brokerages including Century 21, Coldwell Banker, Compass, eXp Realty, Keller Williams, RE/MAX, and more.
real estate professionals
may call, text, or email you about your inquiry, which may be made with automated means (including SMS or text messages). You understand that your consent is not a prerequisite for buying, selling or renting a property. You may revoke your consent at any time by contacting optout@55places.com. Message/data rates may apply. You also agree to 55places.com’s Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

The Villas at Summit Ridge

For Sale
  • Mid $200ks - Low $300ks
  • 71 Homes
  • Age Restriction
  • Resale Homes Only
  • 2002 - 2007
  • No Reviews

14 More Communities Found in Missouri

Not seeing what you are looking for? Check out these nearby communities in Missouri.

View More Communities

$369,000

1056 Southern Hills Drive, Banning, CA

Meadow Ranch Community

  • 3 bed
  • |
  • 3 bath
  • |
  • 2320 SqFt
MLS CV23099287
Call Us: (800) 928-2055

Want to learn more about active adult communities around Lee's Summit, Missouri? We can help!...

See in Map List View

View the map to explore communities

Map Image of Lee's Summit
Remove Boundaries ×
Scroll to Top