NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up and who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of The United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of 55places.com, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Neighborhoods.com, LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on June 07, 2017 at 12:00 AM CST and ending June 30, 2017 at 11:59 PM CST. All online entries must be received by June 30, 2017 at 11:59 CST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3BD93NC. The entry must fulfill all campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of 55places.com. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. You may only enter using the Gleam app entry methods available. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of 55places.com.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive an Apple iPad with a retail value of approximately $329.99. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by 55places.com. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at 55places.com's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for 55places.com to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of 55places.com. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. 55places.com shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT 55PLACES.COM‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that 55places.com, anyone acting on behalf of 55places.com, and 55places.com’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond 55places.com’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, 55places.com may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by 55places.com. 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. 55places.com has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, 55places.com reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless 55places.com and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 55 Places, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S. Requests must be received no later than July 12, 2017.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Neighborhoods.com, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S.
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by 55places.com is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. Write-in Entry: You may write in one entry at the address below. Sweepstakes eligibility will be determined by the date the write-in entry is received. We do not accept entries from third parties.
1525 W Homer St.
Chicago, IL 60613
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, or MailChimp.
Active adults and retirees will enjoy living within the beautiful and charming Savannah area, which is located in east Georgia. Adults aged 55 and better should consider retiring in active adult communities in the Savannah, Georgia area due to its great weather, affordable housing, favorable taxes, and healthcare facilities.
Retirees and 55+ adults can experience old southern charm combined with urban diversity within the Savannah area. The Savannah area is full of rich history, culture, natural beauty, dining, and recreation options. The Savannah area is made up of three counties: Bryan, Chatham, and Effingham. It is a bustling metropolitan area due to the city of Savannah and its seaport location near the Atlantic, which makes it the third-largest metropolitan area.
Climate & Geography
Located near the Atlantic coast, 55+ communities near the Savannah area can enjoy a humid subtropical climate with long, tropical summers and doesn t experience a lot of cold weather. The average temperature from December to February is in the 50s and the average temperature from May through September is in the high 70s.
The Savannah region experiences summers, which are humid with plenty of thunderstorms. Savannah s rain season begins in June and lasts until September. Its coastal location puts it at risk for flooding and hurricane weather, but hasn t been affected by severe hurricanes since Hurricane David in 1979.
The Savannah metropolitan area is the third most populous out of the other 14 metro areas in the state of Georgia, and it is one of the fastest growing metro areas in the state. Chatham County is the sixth most-populous county within the state of Georgia.
The Savannah River is about 20 miles upriver from the Atlantic Ocean and is the main and largest seaport for the state of Georgia. The Savannah area is made up of 1,340.10 square miles of land area and 229.55 square miles of water area.
There are a wide variety of cities and neighborhoods within the Savannah area that cater to active adults and retirees. There are historic and Victorian districts that are full of restored homes with old southern roots and architectural styles. The Islands is a great seaside location where homebuyers can settle into a quiet environment that caters to water sport enthusiasts. The Islands near the Savannah area is made up of gated communities along scenic beaches and coastlines. For golf lovers, Pembroke is an upscale golf-course community that is sure to attract active adults and retirees who want to spend their days on the green.
Recreation, Culture & Entertainment
Active adults will enjoy living in retirement communities within the Savannah area because of its numerous recreational options. There are about 60 golf courses and 80 miles of coastline with pristine beaches that surround the area. Adults aged 55 and better who love to golf, fish, or boat will enjoy having all of these activities nearby. There are riverboat cruises, Chatham s Tybee Pirate Fest, kayaking activities, beautiful beaches, or historic neighborhood tours that are sure to keep active adults social calendars busy.
Retirees seeking arts and culture can check out the numerous art galleries and museums throughout the Savannah area. Savannah College of Art and Design is one of the largest art schools in the country. Active adults can find the pleasure of creative expression by taking art and design classes to inspire their own muse. There are also jazz and blues festivals as well as the Savannah Music Festival that has grown into one of the largest music festivals on the East Coast.
Not only is the Savannah area thriving with arts, culture and entertainment, but with history and technology as well. 55+ residents and retirees adore Savannah due to the fact that it is home to vibrant history and innovation and is known to be the place where such great inventions like the first cotton gin and steamboat were built. Major cities like Richmond Hill, Garden City, Hinesville, and Brunswick also share a rich southern industrial history.
Cost of Living & Taxes
Active adult communities within the Savannah area are abundant and popular due to affordable taxes and low cost of living. The Savannah area lies in the 90th percentile within the cost of living index in the state of Georgia. The cost of living is 7.50% lower than the U.S. average. The median household income in the Savannah metro area is around $49,243. Retirement income exemptions, untaxed Social Security benefits and a low state sales tax are some of the benefits that appeal to active adults and retirees who reside in the Savannah metropolitan area.
55+ communities near Savannah will have access to some of the best medical facilities in the state of Georgia. Memorial University Medical Center is a 610-bed academic medical center with award-wining healthcare services and is Savannah s top hospital for stroke and cardiovascular care. St. Joseph s Hospital, Candler Hospital, and Georgia Regional Hospital also offer world-class healthcare service. Retirees living in the Savannah area also benefit from having a great physician-to-patient ratio.
Share this page with friends and family!