NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up and who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of The United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of 55places.com, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Neighborhoods.com, LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on June 07, 2017 at 12:00 AM CST and ending June 30, 2017 at 11:59 PM CST. All online entries must be received by June 30, 2017 at 11:59 CST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3BD93NC. The entry must fulfill all campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of 55places.com. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. You may only enter using the Gleam app entry methods available. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of 55places.com.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive an Apple iPad with a retail value of approximately $329.99. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by 55places.com. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at 55places.com's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for 55places.com to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of 55places.com. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. 55places.com shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT 55PLACES.COM‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that 55places.com, anyone acting on behalf of 55places.com, and 55places.com’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond 55places.com’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, 55places.com may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by 55places.com. 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. 55places.com has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, 55places.com reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless 55places.com and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 55 Places, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S. Requests must be received no later than July 12, 2017.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Neighborhoods.com, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S.
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by 55places.com is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. Write-in Entry: You may write in one entry at the address below. Sweepstakes eligibility will be determined by the date the write-in entry is received. We do not accept entries from third parties.
1525 W Homer St.
Chicago, IL 60613
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, or MailChimp.
Situated at the confluence of the Sacramento River and the American River, the Sacramento area is a true gem of Northern California. Active adult communities in the Sacramento area are located less than two hours northeast of San Francisco and west of the Eldorado National Forest. 55+ communities in the Sacramento area are perfect for residents looking for convenient recreational attractions with an urban experience. Active adult communities in the Sacramento area are in California's fourth largest city and are in close proximity to many cultural opportunities and miles of beaches along the Pacific Coast and Lake Tahoe.
Climate & Geography
Active adult communities in the Sacramento area boast a Mediterranean climate with hot, dry summers and mild winters. October through April is the city s wet season while light rainfall can occur in June or September. Snow is very rare in this part of Northern California, although Sacramento area residents may see an occasional flurry or light dusting. Snow does accumulate in the foothills and mountains to the east, including the famous ski resorts at nearby Lake Tahoe. Temperatures in age-restricted communities in Sacramento range from the mid 40s in the winter to the mid 70s in July. Although age-targeted communities in Sacramento can experience days into the 100s, these are often tempered by a sea breeze.
The Sacramento metropolitan area is 100 square miles, a vast majority of which is land. West of Sacramento is home to a flood control basin, meaning that Sacramento s metropolitan area expands mostly to the northeast and east into the Sierra Nevada foothills and to the south.
Recreation, Culture & Entertainment
With a beautiful climate, it's no surprise that outdoor activities are popular with active adults and retirees in the Sacramento area. Parks, sporting fields and nature preserves offer a wide range of outdoor activities including hiking, biking, kayaking, boating and wildlife observation. Some of the more popular parks include Capitol Park, McKinley Park and the immense William Land Park that has a zoo, two golf courses and picnic areas.
Active adults in the Sacramento area will delight in the selection of golf courses. Many beautiful and challenging courses can be found throughout the Sacramento area. A few well-known public courses include the Empire Ranch, Teal Bend and Turkey Creek Golf Clubs. Golfers might also want to try the city's beautiful 18-hole championship Bartley W. Cavanaugh Golf Course.
Active adult communities in the Sacramento area have plenty of cultural offerings at their fingertips, including a variety of performing arts centers and art museums. A few notable companies include B Street Theatre, the Sacramento Opera, the Sacramento Theatre Company, Crest Theatre and The Cosmopolitan Cabaret. History buffs will love Old Sacramento, the Gold Rush-era buildings and museums, as well as contemporary boutique shops and a charming boardwalk along the Sacramento River. In addition to Old Sacramento, visitors can explore a variety of distinctive shopping and dining centers throughout the city. Local retail is sold through a variety of venues, including specialty shops, department stores and shopping malls such as the Arden Fair Mall or Westfield Downtown Plaza. Bargain shoppers can hunt for great deals at both Folsom Premium Outlets and Vacaville Premium Outlets.
Cost of Living & Taxes
Age-targeted communities in the Sacramento area have a cost of living higher than the rest of the country. On average, residents of Sacramento 55+ communities can expect to spend more on groceries, healthcare and utilities. Although Sacramento is more expensive than the United States on average, it is approximately 14 percent less expensive than the rest of California. The sales tax in Sacramento is 8.25 percent. There are six state income tax brackets that range from 1 to 9.3 percent. Property taxes range from 1 to 1.3 percent and social security benefits are taxed although pensions are exempt.
Active adults in the Sacramento area benefit from having 20 hospitals in the metropolitan area. Sacramento 55+ communities are close to five high-performing hospitals, including Kaiser Permanente Sacramento Medical Center, Sutter Roseville Medical Center, Kaiser Permanente South Sacramento Medical Center, and Sutter Medical Center. The University of California, Davis Medical Center is ranked as one of the best hospitals in the state. They are nationally ranked in the fields of cancer, nephrology, pulmonology, urology, and neurology.
Share this page with friends and family!