- Price Range
- Low $100s - High $300s
- Home Types
- Attached, Condos, Single-Family
- Number of Homes
- Resale Homes Only
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 1972 - 1993
- Clearbrook Partners
- 18 reviews
Clearbrook in Monroe is an affordable active adult community nestled in Middlesex County in Central New Jersey. This gated community features 2,026 homes, two clubhouses, and a variety of social clubs. There are homes available on a resale basis for every budget. Housing styles include garden homes, attached ranch homes, two-story townhomes, as well as condominium buildings with elevators. With its popular location in New Jersey, Clearbrook is located about 90 minutes from prime destinations such as Atlantic City, Philadelphia, and New York City.
There are two clubhouses at Clearbrook: the spacious Cultural Center with a 1,000-seat auditorium and the beautifully refurbished 25,000 square-foot main clubhouse. The main clubhouse has a fitness center, TV studio, computers, billiards tables, a library, as well as card and arts and craft rooms. The hobby rooms include sewing, ceramics and even a woodworking shop. Both facilities feature outdoor pools with one of the pools heated. In addition, the clubhouse grounds are surrounded by tennis courts, shuffleboard and bocce areas as well as a nine-hole golf course.
Clearbrook Homes & Real Estate
Home construction in Clearbrook began in 1972 and over a period of 21 years this 55 and better community grew to its full potential of 2,026 homes. Houses are available in all price ranges and range in size from a 520 square-foot condominium for the active retiree on a tight budget, to the 1,700 square-foot townhome. The most popular residences are the two and three bedroom ranch-style homes with attached one or two-car garages. These houses feature vinyl, brick, or stone fronts, two baths, and sometimes an all-year Florida room. These residences are usually attached and have central air and nice backyards
The models built in the 1980's feature eat-in kitchens, formal dining rooms, and some have cathedral ceilings and half moon windows. Additionally, there are ranch homes without garages but provide outdoor parking nearby. Clearbrook in Monroe Township also features two-story townhomes and even two apartment buildings with elevators. Association dues vary only slightly by model.
Clearbrook is an ideal setting for active adults who want to live in an affordable community, without sacrificing location, social opportunities, and a healthy and active body and mind. Residents can partake in exercise classes such as Zumba, aquacise, and strength training. Homeowners are also active in a variety of interest groups such as current events discussion group, cribbage, scrabble, bridge, singing, dance, bowling, and ping pong. A full-time activities director is on hand to plan many parties, shows, and trips. Residents of Clearbrook can also take advantage of bus service several times a week to go to supermarkets, banks and shopping centers.
Clearbrook in Monroe, New Jersey is about two miles from exit 8A of the New Jersey Turnpike. There are all types of stores on the same street as the community, as well as banks and restaurants. There is also a strip mall across the street from Clearbrook, and the Freehold Raceway Mall is only 15 minutes away. Historic Princeton is only 20 minutes away and is full of charming shops and restaurants. There are eight theaters, seven casinos, four malls, and an abundance of restaurants throughout the surrounding area.
The nearby Jersey Shore makes for a great relaxing beach destination including Sandy Hook, Manasquan, Belmar, Seaside Heights, Long Branch, Spring Lake, and Point Pleasant Beach. Sports enthusiast can attend a variety of sporting events at the Izod Center, Prudential Bank Center, and PNC Bank Center. In addition, New York City, Philadelphia, and Atlantic City are all within 90 minutes of Clearbrook. Clearbrook is the ideal active adult community in Central New Jersey with affordable homes, a convenient location and an abundance of recreational opportunities in and outside the community.
The Clubhouse is the hub for all social and physically activity within the community.
- Clubhouse - 25,000 Sq. Ft.
- Fitness Center
- Meeting Room
- Card Room
- Arts & Crafts Studio
- Ceramics Studio
- Woodworking Shop
- Sewing Studio
- Health Center
- Outdoor Amphitheater
- Outdoor Pool
- Outdoor Patio
- 9-Hole Clearbrook Golf Course
- Tennis Court
- 2 Pickleball Courts
- 4 Shuffleboard Courts
- Bocce Ball Courts
- Walking & Biking Trails
The Cultural Center has a 1,000-seat auditorium that is the perfect place for hosting parties or large community events.
- Outdoor Pool
- Outdoor Patio
- Tennis Court
Clearbrook Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in Clearbrook. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- Active Adults Group
- American Legion Aux
- Art Appreciation
- B'Nai B'rith
- Boomers Group
- Broadway Shops
- Catholic Society
- Chair Dance
- Clearbrook Residents for Equity
- Computer Club
- Cultural Yiddish Corner
- Current Events
- Democratic Club
- Duplicate Bridge
- Fiber Arts
- Friday Party Bridge
- Italian American Club
- Italian Conversation
- Jewelry Workshop
- Jewish Congregation
- Jewish War Veterans
- Line dance
- Melody Singers
- Stage Productions
- People of Color
- Planned Trips
- Post 365 Ladies Club
- Protestant Fellowship
- Qi Gong
- Republican Club
- Senior Citizen Club
- Senior Olympics
- Single Homeowners of Clearbrook
- Sports Reminisence
- Stained Glass
- Stone Sculpture
- Strength Training
- Table Tennis
- Tap Dance
- Tuesday Party Bridge
- Voice Of Clearbrook
- WA ORT
- Water Aerobics
Price Range: Mid $100s - Mid $100s
There are four models that range in size from 520 to 840 square feet. These residences feature one to two bedrooms and two bathrooms.View Floorplans
Price Range: Mid $100s - Mid $200s
There are three townhome models that range in size from 1,420 to 1,720 square feet. These two-story homes feature one to two bedrooms, one-and-a-half to two-and-a-half bathrooms and a one-car garage.View Floorplans
Price Range: Mid $100s - Mid $400s
There are 21 models offered that range from 700 to 1,530 square feet of living space. Homes typically feature one to two bedrooms and one to two bathrooms. Homes come with either a carport or a garage.View Floorplans
|Model Name||Sq. Ft.||Beds||Baths||Garage|
|Timberline I & II||1000||2||2||1 - 2|
|Devon||1070||1 + Den - 2||2||1|
|Devon II||1070||1 + Den - 2||2||1|
|Tamarack I & II||1200||2||2||1 - 2|
|Belair||1285||2 + Den||2||2|
|Excelsior||1450||2 + Den||2||2|
|Edgemont||1500||2 + Den||2||2|
- Jack B.|February 8, 2020I have been living at Clearbrook for 2 years now. Wife and I are much younger than the average age which is probably 75+.
The amenities are excellent. Every group you can imagine, woodworking, fabric arts, billiards, Melody Singers etc etc. 2 excellent outdoor pools (1heated). Excellent gym, library. Huge card rooms. Electric bill is a little higher than normal, average 250-300 a month. My section has a low 10% limit on renters. Maintenance staff is friendly and inexpensive to use for small jobs around the house. Gated and safe. Too many positives to talk about. Perfect for all age couples.
- Mary K.|January 9, 2020This community is run by Taylor Management who takes most of the monthly maintenance fee and keeps it and does not put it back into the community. The houses are run down and they will not fix it even if your section is responsible for it. When you need something done, you have to hire yourself a contractor - so why pay the monthly maintenance fee then? The electric bills are extremely high because Monroe Township screwed the senior citizens. This community is horrible. Street lights out, garbage all over the road, broken glass - its turning into trailer park trash. Run away if you can.
- Mary K.|January 9, 2020There are too many renters in this community - makes the value of the home decrease. Renters do not care about how everything looks.
- Pv (Resident/Homeowner)|January 14, 2018When looking for a home in a 55+ community Clearbrook was not the first choice that the broker had us look. after not finding anything she suggested Clearbrook. I have been a resident of Clearbrook for only a year but have found it to be a great community. As all communities it has its issues with rules and regulations and response time for maintenance but overall the people,e are nice and welcoming g. There are hundreds of activities so always something to do whether it be sports or classes. Dances or trips as with any community it is what you make of it. I am happy that we couldn't find something in the other community
- Eileen L.|December 22, 2016Clubhouse recently underwent a total renovation. It is beautiful!! Homes are a mix of updated or some needing work--either way there are many options here.
- Peaches (Resident/Homeowner)|January 20, 2015I have lived here for almost three years. I got an excellent buy on the model home I wanted but because many of these homes are forty
Years old and owned by a much older crowd they are in need of a complete gut job. I fixed my home up to my liking, all new kitchen,
Bathrooms, flooring, central air etc. I love my home but this community is not 55 and up, it's more like 75 and up. I have met some nice people but most people are 20 years older than me.
I didn't realize that when I purchased. We are lacking an indoor which I would've liked. If you are looking for a younger crowd this is not the place for you. When homes are sold they are sold to extreme seniors. The newer developments with younger people are very pricey so people have to realize that when they are shopping for a new home. Also the hoa fees are expensive.
- Sandy (Resident/Homeowner)|November 30, 2014My husband and I moved to Clearbrook about seven years ago. We have found that the people in the community are friendly and not competitive. We both have a large group of friends and are very happy that we moved here. There are plenty of activities to participate in or not. There is a wonderful maintenance department who do just about anything that is needed.They come when called well within a reasonable time period and charge very reasonable prices. I especially love my unit (home) which is a fully detached house. The taxes are a lot lower than the newer communities,thousands!!! Lately there has been s large influx of younger people which is refreshing since when we moved in I was distressed to see so many people over the age of 70.
- chrissy |October 29, 2014This is one of the communitys we were planing to look at the homes and purchase but now that I found out on here that some of the homeowners are permitted to rent there properties thats a red flag
- Homeowner (Resident/Homeowner)|October 18, 2014I give this a three star because I love the home. We try to up keep the outside of the unit as we wish to live as we had prior to moving here. Unfortunately, a goodly amount of the residents surrounding our area apparently are not of the same opinion when it comes to their units. Too many of the units are rented and the common areas as well as the three foot section surrounding (owner's responsibility) are in terrible condition. There are eighteen sections and each section governs whatever maintenance is required. In my opinion, the units being rented, the tenants really don't care and don't attend section meetings. The owners of these units use the unit as a means of income and could care less about the outside surrounding the place. Hence, a shabby community in a large part of the community. There are some areas where it's obvious the homeowner is a homeowner in every sense of he word. Also, there are many residents that are very old and infirm thus the lack of interest allowing a decline in the aesthetics of the community.
- Louise (Resident/Homeowner)|September 15, 2014Love my place. Closest thing to resort living. Right decision for me.
- David (Resident/Homeowner)|September 1, 2014This community is a dated community with varying concerns that nobody seems to care about. While driving through the community you pass through areas that appear as though it's a trailer park and then you pass through a newer area that appears to be more serene. All,of the landscaping is hideously dated and overgrown and it's painfully obvious the landscape company has no idea as to what they are doing. The office does not appear to care when told you have a problem, they want to to fill out a form and they will address it. This place is a step above Rossmorr, but not for long.
- Lori B.(Resident/Homeowner)|July 24, 2014I have lived here for 2 years and find it to be a very friendly community. I have more friends here than I did in my old neighborhood where I lived for 36 years. There are more activities than anyone can participate in if you are in good health. The new Clubhouse is always hopping with activity. There are always bus trips to shopping, plays, casinos, etc. When I needed a new toilet put in, the Maintenance Dept. supplied the toilet and put it in within a week at a very reasonable cost. I find that more and more younger people are joining the community and fixing up the older models. Sure, you can go to other Adult Communities in the area with larger homes which are significantly more expensive, but you can't beat the dollar value in Clearbrook!
- Kathleen |June 21, 2014Joseph - please say why you don't like it because I'm looking over there in the Nutley Drive area.
- joseph p. conklin (Resident/Homeowner)|June 12, 2014forget this place. to many negatives. attica is a better choice.
- Kathleen |June 10, 2014Busy bodies? Very old, non-active adults? The previous reviewer was disrespectful. There is a newer section of Clearbrook also and many residents are active outside the community. Maybe food is not allowed at the pool to prevent residents from eating and leaving a mess. Maintenance and electric is high but buyers know this when they purchase a home.
- TW |April 2, 2014My Aunt and Uncle lived there for 10 + years. It was very difficult to get maintenance to fix anything. HOA is very high for what you get living here. This is a very old communinity too. 50 plus years old , not insulated well and utilities are all electric. Thus higher than normal electric bills avg. $600 + per month. This development does need a huge face lift too. 9 hole Golf course is nice but pools are horrendous. My diabetic Uncle recovering from a stroke and could not speak could not bring a meal to the pool (which he needed occasionally to maintain his blood sugar). We had to store his food in our car when he needed something. The old ladies gave him a hard time about having a sandwich. We had to explain to the busy bodies why we are feeding our dad and uncle. Then they subsided. This property is recommended for very old non-active low income adults which is not a bad thing, Just beware, the activity level is bare bones minimal. Homes are cheaper than anywhere else but monthly HOA and utilities are the downside. 50 plus folks will rather purchase in Monroe at other places with more energy efficient homes once they saw this place.
- Susan L.(Resident/Homeowner)|September 1, 2013I've been living here for 10 years and it is a nice community. It's got all the basics and the homes are very affordable. The people are friendly too. The clubhouse is nice and was updated not too long ago.
- Beverly Edenzon Section 18B |February 1, 2012My husband and I lived in Clearbrook for 21 years. We had to sell our home because we were both ill. If I were in the market for a house,Clearbrook would bed my first choice. The amenities are more than most adult communities have. The maintenance department was exceptional and the overall cost of living there was extremely nominal. It was a pleasure to deal wsith the office staff. They were friendly and always willing to help. Thanks Clearbrook for giving us 21 years of comfortable living.
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of Clearbrook. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding Clearbrook has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.