NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up and who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of The United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of 55places.com, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Neighborhoods.com, LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on December 20, 2017 at 12:00 AM CST and ending January 3, 2018 at 11:59 PM CST. All online entries must be received by January 3, 2018 at 11:59 CST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WXKLXGR. The entry must fulfill all campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of 55places.com. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. You may only enter using the Gleam app entry methods available. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of 55places.com.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive an Apple iPad with a retail value of approximately $329.99. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by 55places.com. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at 55places.com's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for 55places.com to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of 55places.com. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. 55places.com shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT 55PLACES.COM‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that 55places.com, anyone acting on behalf of 55places.com, and 55places.com’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond 55places.com’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, 55places.com may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by 55places.com. 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. 55places.com has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, 55places.com reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless 55places.com and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 55 Places, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S. Requests must be received no later than July 12, 2017.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Neighborhoods.com, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S.
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by 55places.com is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. Write-in Entry: You may write in one entry at the address below. Sweepstakes eligibility will be determined by the date the write-in entry is received. We do not accept entries from third parties.
1525 W Homer St.
Chicago, IL 60613
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, or MailChimp.
Prescott, Arizona is known as Everybody s Hometown, because retirees often find something here that reminds them of where they grew up. For many, it is the historic Yavapai County courthouse, tree-lined plaza and surrounding shops in the downtown area. To others, it is the overall small-town charm and hospitality. People are friendly here, and you will notice it no matter where you are in the community.
There are a variety of retirement living options that include active adult retirement communities in Prescott, luxurious golf course resorts and beautiful homes near the heart of Prescott s historic downtown area. Prescott has many Victorian style homes in the older parts of the city that help it maintain a special charm that is unique to this community.
Unlike the larger retirement destinations of Phoenix and Tucson, Prescott does not have an abundance of large-scale active adult communities but there are several age-restricted active retirement communities in Prescott and the surrounding valley. Many retirees who move to the area choose one of the several magnificent master-planned communities. Some of which are gated and include clubhouses, golf courses and planned social activity.
Climate & Geography
Prescott is known as Arizona s mile high-city due to its elevation at 5,368 feet above sea level. This elevation, scenic views, and surrounding Prescott National Forest will give you a feeling of living in the mountains. Prescott s location provides it with a mild four-season climate. Due to the breezes coming off the adjacent Bradshaw Mountains, summer temperatures remain moderate, with daytime highs averaging in the 80s and nighttime lows in the 50s. Prescott s winters are just as moderate with daytime temperatures generally in the 50s. The area receives an average annual snowfall of 25 inches. While the area s springs may be a bit breezy at certain times, its autumns are beautiful.
Recreation, Culture & Entertainment
Prescott hosts annual events such as Frontier Day, The World s Oldest Rodeo, the Bluegrass Festival, Earth Day, Tsunami on the Square, art festivals, A Cinco de Mayo celebration, Shakespeare Festival, Navajo Rug Auction, World Largest Gingerbread Village, Prescott Film Fest, Folk Art Fair, parades, the Acker Music Festival, the Cowboy Poets Gathering, the Prescott Highland Fames and several marathons and mountain bike races. Prescott is also known as Arizona s Christmas City because of its annual electric parade after Thanksgiving and the Christmas Parade before the lighting of the courthouse plaza the first Saturday in December.
Prescott has unlimited opportunities for outdoor recreation from parks and lakes within the city limits to the 1.25-million acre Prescott National Forest surrounding the community. Backpacking, camping, hiking, mountain and street biking, golf, tennis, hunting, fishing, boating and swimming are favorite activities among Prescott s retirement population. The city has an active Parks and Recreation Department, which manages some of the most beautiful natural and man-made parks in the Southwest.
A new adult center recently opened for active seniors which provides various organized activities. Prescott Public Library, known as "Prescott's Living Room," is a lively community center offering traditional and non-traditional library programs and services to residents of Yavapai County and beyond. Through the Yavapai Library Network, its online catalog offers access to over one million books, movies, audio books, magazines, electronic resources and more. Consult thousands of full text magazines and journals or learn a foreign language through the online research databases.
Thoroughbred and Quarter horse racing take place Thursday through Sunday from Memorial Day through Labor Day at Yavapai Downs. The Sundogs are a minor league hockey team in Prescott Valley. Their new arena also plays host to many cultural events throughout the year.
Cost of Living & Taxes
Prescott and the surrounding area have an overall cost of living index that is rated at 107.2, which is 7.2 percent above the national average of 100. The housing component of the composite index is 119.2, groceries are 103.4, transportation is 102.1, healthcare is 100.2 and utilities are 90.6. People who move to Arizona will enjoy low property taxes, no taxes on groceries and prescription medications, and no estate taxes.
Housing prices tend to run somewhat higher than the national average. But like many areas around the country, the recent housing correction has made the area more affordable. On the national housing price index, Prescott was rated as 119.2 compared to the national average of 100. This means that home prices in Prescott average 19.2 percent more than the national average.
Prescott has easy accessibility to some of the best medical care in Arizona. In addition to the full spectrum of health services provided through physicians, dentists, chiropractors, optometrists and many others, Prescott is home to the Yavapai Regional Medical Center West and the largest VA medical center in the region. On top of that, the city is near Yavapai Regional Medical Center East, the Del E. Webb Outpatient Center and Mountain Valley Rehabilitation Hospital all in Prescott Valley.
Share this page with friends and family!